How refreshing!

How refreshing!

Postby N Saban » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:11 pm

Brilliant tonight, cracking game between two footballing teams. The ref went a bit strange for the last 10 minutes but generally handled the game well. The most refreshing aspect though is our football - it is returning and that needs to stay in place. Win lose or draw it is more entertaining this year. Great to see Bailey and Bondswell come on and Barkhuizen wow- now there is potential. Let's hope Jimbo maintains this style and Ellison and Edwards don't automatically come straight back in. Think special mention though has to go to Goodall player of the season so far without a doubt! Bring on Yeovil, well done to the players and management now to work on gaining more support! COME ON YOU SHRIMPS!
N Saban

Re: How refreshing!

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:18 pm

I thought goodall deserved man of the match tonight, a lot of good performances, baz wasvery good too, CRACKING RESULT .
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Great performance. Rode our luck a bit at times but really deserved the win against a top L1 team.

Loved the way we attacked them with pace and weren't afraid to shoot for a change. Baz had a great game, but all the team deserves credit. Two great goals - nine in three games now.

Bought my sister and mate along. They haven't been in ages but used to be regulars. Games like this will hopefully get them and others coming back more often. :D
Wild Bill

Postby seasonsinthesun » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Look who wasn't playing tonight and yet the team spirit was fantastic.
No Beeley, Edwards, Murphy, Ellison, Wildig, Wilson or Parrish, but you'd never have known.
Proud to support this team, playing like Holland 1974 and 1978 with different goal scorers and pace aplenty!!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby parceldave » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:46 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Look who wasn't playing tonight and yet the team spirit was fantastic.
No Beeley, Edwards, Murphy, Ellison, Wildig, Wilson or Parrish, but you'd never have known.
Proud to support this team, playing like Holland 1974 and 1978 with different goal scorers and pace aplenty!!

Well the way that team played tonight they all deserve to play again on Saturday , very entertaining football but 3-0 at 50/1 would have been the icing on the apple pie . ;)

Really poor crowd again even with the price reductions , just don't know where the club go from here to attract the support of the townsfolk, with Conference teams getting much larger numbers. :cry:
parceldave

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:09 pm

1352, wasn't brilliant but we did play on saturday,and it's only the first round, a good draw on saturday ,touch wood!
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Freez » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:26 pm

Tbf we have had five home games in a little over 3 and a half weeks, it's a lot to ask of any fans!
However, we have a young exciting, skill full and vibrant group of players who can overcome all obstacles it would seem. The back four from the Wycombe game two weeks ago was Beeley Parrish Edwards and Willo, non off whom could start tonight, so hats off to AJ, Adam D, Goody and Moly!
Roll on this superb start! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Vinny » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:29 am

Yes, a thoroughly enjoyable game, good football from both sides, and fairly refereed (apart from the last 10 mins). Great that we can put a good co-ordinated team out and fantastic performance, even when half the squad are side-lined, gives great faith for better things to come! I thought Barkhuizen was dynamite, and the whole team played well.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Dan.Campbell » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:48 am

I popped back to Morecambe last night and came to the game, my first this season.

I have to say that it was the best performance I've seen in a very long time. I thought we invited a lot of pressure in the middle but let's not forget this is a very good Walsall team.

Going forward we look fantastic and very exciting. I thought the back four had a flawless game, they held the line very well and to keep a clean sheet is great.

The two goals were top class!!

I wouldn't worry about the striker situation when we have midfielders with the ability I saw last night.

When we passed the ball we looked like Man City! It was refreshing to see Barry rolling the ball out from the back so much, a massive change from previous seasons.

It was nice to see the new faces and I was particularly impressed with Dugdale, Barkhuizen & Goodall - although it was a brilliant team performance.

I just wish I could get back to see more games but if not, see you all in York on 19th December.
Dan.Campbell

Return to General Discussion