OUR STRIKERS

OUR STRIKERS

Postby cyprus-shrimp » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:28 pm

Like may others I have been concerned at the lack of obvious strikers in our squad - particularly one of proven ability to score goals at this level. Well it seems that maybe Jim and Ken had a plan B all along (or is it actually plan A anyway?). Simply, everyone can score goals.

We now have 8 goals in competitive matches (7 in the last two, so is this master-plan coming together now?), and 7 different players have contributed to this total. Admittedly I have to make do with edited highlights plus comments from those in attendance, but the goals appear to be quality strikes in many cases and are coming as a result of:-

SPEED in breaking out of defence;
FLUIDITY as different players move between different roles in the same match;
WILLINGNESS TO SHOOT as shown with several recent goals.

Maybe we might even call this TOTAL FOOTBALL. It certainly looks attractive and entertaining from over here and hopefully the attendance figures will start to increase as a result.

One final comment - the team ethic appears very strong this year with everybody working hard for each other. Long may it continue and let's hope our injury problems are resolved soon. Then who know what we might be capable of this season?
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
cyprus-shrimp

Re: OUR STRIKERS

Postby Freez » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:04 pm

We certainly are playing some good stuff, home and away. Long May it continue.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Jettyson » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:17 pm

Ellison got suspended and Jimbo was forced to change the plan.We now have one that appears to be working and if it aint broke don't fix it.Use Ellison as an impact sub to help us see out the game, he shouldn't be starting unless injuries dictate otherwise.
Jettyson

Postby black morse » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:30 pm

Jettyson wrote:Ellison got suspended and Jimbo was forced to change the plan.We now have one that appears to be working and if it aint broke don't fix it.Use Ellison as an impact sub to help us see out the game, he shouldn't be starting unless injuries dictate otherwise.

Mmmm! Be interesting to see what Jim does.
black morse

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:12 pm

I mentioned in an earlier post that kevs prank,ban aside, could have longer consequences,I think edwards was hardly missed,but is too good to leave out, but quality goals from 4 players yesterday, hmmmm.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Return to General Discussion