Player Portsmouth Highlights

Player Portsmouth Highlights

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:51 pm

Just watched a 10 minute highlight show of the Portsmouth game on Player.

Excellent first 45 minutes and so cruel to only come away with a point. Deserved so much more.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Player Portsmouth Highlights

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:33 pm

This is a positive post from you CC :shock:

You also dodged my other question in the live match thread yesterday regards to our defensive stats last year saying we had one of the worst in the league :lol:
Kendalshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:08 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:This is a positive post from you CC :shock:

You also dodged my other question in the live match thread yesterday regards to our defensive stats last year saying we had one of the worst in the league :lol:

Never let it be said that 'the old man' doesn't admit when he got it partially wrong.... :oops:

Of the Top 12 in the 24 team League 2 (we finished a creditable 11th for those who have forgotten ;) ) 4 teams let in more goals than us whilst 10 teams found the onion bag more often than we did.

So my fellow Dumbrian there you go....one highly embarrassed CC.... :shock: ;) ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:07 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:This is a positive post from you CC :shock:

Never let it be said that 'the old man' doesn't admit when he got it partially wrong.... :oops:

Of the Top 12 in the 24 team League 2 (we finished a creditable 11th for those who have forgotten ;) ) 4 teams let in more goals than us whilst 10 teams found the onion bag more often than we did.

So my fellow Dumbrian there you go....one highly embarrassed CC.... :shock: ;) ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well if it was a 12 team league then you'd have a point but it isn't ! The defence was very good last year and if we converted our chances at home n took more points in the amount of games we lost at home then maybe we'd of made the play offs !
Kendalshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:57 pm

Christies Child wrote:Just watched a 10 minute highlight show of the Portsmouth game on Player.

Excellent first 45 minutes and so cruel to only come away with a point. Deserved so much more.

That's a total U turn in 24 hours..And after just 10 mins of highlights.. havnt watched them yet but it goes to show how you can't always judge by a few snippets
Still, I can understand disappointment, had quite a bit of stick at work today and Mr. Giant Axe couldn't wait to sing me a few songs
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:07 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Just watched a 10 minute highlight show of the Portsmouth game on Player.

That's a total U turn in 24 hours..And after just 10 mins of highlights.. havnt watched them yet but it goes to show how you can't always judge by a few snippets
Still, I can understand disappointment, had quite a bit of stick at work today and Mr. Giant Axe couldn't wait to sing me a few songs

I actually said that our defending has been poor. I didn't say that the entire team played badly which is what you seem to imply. In fact I was probably the first to draw more attention to Barks fantastic goal. And to date and what I've seen at The Globe, get the defense sorted and we could be a good bet for the play offs.

Now what's wrong in that.... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:06 pm

Christies Child wrote:
I actually said that our defending has been poor. I didn't say that the entire team played badly which is what you seem to imply.
Now what's wrong in that.... :?: :?: :?:

Your initial 5 words within an hour after the game, when the lads had just spitted blood, sweat and tears were:

Christies Child wrote:No excuses. We are crap

and yes I agree you did refer to the defence, but what got me is you picked on badness rather than any goodness. It was 4 hours later before you mentioned anything about the good things in the game.

I can accept your thoughts on the defence as a whole but Paz and Dugdale were knackered after 100 minutes, Paz had got stuck in, run and chased, headed, cleared - (If he could pass the ball straight he would certainly be playing at a higher level). Dugdale hasn't played a 1st team game yet and he got stuck in and put his head where it hurts, in fact he would have been subbed at that moment if we had any!

I was referring to this game, you are looking at the defence as a whole over the season, which is different imo

in years gone by, if the likes of Jimbo and Moose made a defensive error, one or the other would be up the other end to head a goal in or 2.
Moose couldn't pass either, as was brought up loads of times

Anyway, don't get on my case as well or you won't have any friends left :lol:
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:45 pm

over to you mr child ,silence on the we were crap?, perchance, :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:25 pm

CC may well like this, that shows we have the busiest defence in the League up to now, the 20 shots from Pompey boosting that somewhat

shots.png
shots.png (140.72 KiB) Viewed 589 times

http://experimental361.com/2015/08/24/a ... -shooting/
marky No.1

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:09 pm

The bit what made me laugh was when he said "have use not forgotten that we had one of the worst defences in the league last season" :lol:
Kendalshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:47 am

mrpotatohead wrote:over to you mr child ,silence on the we were crap?, perchance, :lol:

You know full well that I was referring to our defense and its inability to defend from corners and dead ball situations. Jimbo to his credit actually said as much the same in numerous radio conversations.

Anyhow don't worry I've had enough.....
Christies Child

Postby parceldave » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:59 pm

marky No.1 wrote:CC may well like this, that shows we have the busiest defence in the League up to now, the 20 shots from Pompey boosting that somewhat

shots.png

http://experimental361.com/2015/08/24/a ... -shooting/

Well its no wonder you get stick if that's what you call work :o :lol: :lol:
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:26 pm

parceldave wrote:
Well its no wonder you get stick if that's what you call work :o :lol: :lol:

Wasn't doing a nightshift ;)
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion