O/T - Shoreham Airshow Crash

O/T - Shoreham Airshow Crash

Postby SolentShrimp » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:01 pm

"Two footballers and a gym instructor have been named as among seven victims of the Shoreham Airshow disaster as police warned that the death toll is expected to rise.

Goalkeeper Matt Grimstone, 24, and midfielder Jacob Schilt, 23, were on their way to play for non-league Worthing United FC against Loxwood when they were killed on the A27 in West Sussex yesterday."

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/worthingunitedfc/teams/42368/match-centre/1-1611898

RIP
Last edited by SolentShrimp on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Re: O/T - Shroreham Airshow Crash

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:07 pm

awful disaster, I do not understand how these stunt shows can be allowed to take place above populated areas.

you can loop the loop over a busy road, but in some cases, not get planning permission to open a shop on it.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:10 pm

becoming a regular event with these air shows, pilots and some part time pilots like who have not flown in ages, like Weekend Warriors doing these stunts.

I think there should be a public health & safety inquiry, they should certainly not be near built up areas or public highways.

people should be warned to stay clear.

I would be aggrieved if i was family or a friend of the deceased, and be looking to take legal action.
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:26 pm

correct,we have a huge coastline,these shows are a massive boost to places like morecambe,blackpool ,cleethorpes,llandudno etc. with little or no risk to the public.
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:35 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:correct,we have a huge coastline,these shows are a massive boost to places like morecambe,blackpool ,cleethorpes,llandudno etc. with little or no risk to the public.

I can only presume the reason for not doing it half a mile away, over the sea, is because they couldn't charge the public to view it then (or certainly, not as easily).
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:19 pm

thats probably correct, and i,m all in favour of this type of show, but even inland they can be viewed free of charge,i think local councils pick up the tab at a lot of the shows as part of their tourism budget, tolls similar to blackpool lights prom toll could be utilised quite easily.
mrpotatohead

Re: O/T - Shoreham Airshow Crash

Postby shrimperteer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:53 pm

What i think we need is some knee jerk reactions to sort out this epidemic of members of the public being killed by air shows.

At least until it's dangerous dogs or nonces or terrorists that are the major threats to public safety again.
shrimperteer

Return to General Discussion