O/T PIE-ORITIES.

O/T PIE-ORITIES.

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:11 am

Right, after several years of selling award winning pies at the globe, {richly deserved) I feel the way the club are handling things in the pie sales is a shambles, sometimes you struggle to get a particular pie, or indeed any pie, in the game, the Bolton match in particular was a disaster in the W/L, and away end, every single match though, there are 'pie beggars' selling pies at a presumed loss?? outside the ground at full time, this is shambolic, I want a pie before the game , or half time, or both!!! not just before my tea on a saturday, or bedtime on a tuesday night, sort out this 'piesaster' new commercial manager, asap.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: O/T PIE-ORITIES.

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:19 am

mrpotatohead wrote:Right, after several years of selling award winning pies at the globe, {richly deserved) I feel the way the club are handling things in the pie sales is a shambles, sometimes you struggle to get a particular pie, or indeed any pie, in the game, the Bolton match in particular was a disaster in the W/L, and away end, every single match though, there are 'pie beggars' selling pies at a presumed loss?? outside the ground at full time, this is shambolic, I want a pie before the game , or half time, or both!!! not just before my tea on a saturday, or bedtime on a tuesday night, sort out this 'piesaster' new commercial manager, asap.

I think I have to agree with Mr P.

The club have got this pie selling on the forecourt the wrong way round.

Instead of selling them off at £1 after the game , why not have a couple of stalls on the forecourt BEFORE the game selling pies at the normal retail price. Everyone who wants one would get one. Happy Days :D :D
Gone_Shrimping

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:36 am

GOOD IDEA. TAKE HEED CLUB!!
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:09 am

mrpotatohead wrote:new commercial manager, asap.

Steve Brown 01524 411797
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:12 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Instead of selling them off at £1 after the game , why not have a couple of stalls on the forecourt BEFORE the game selling pies at the normal retail price. Everyone who wants one would get one. Happy Days :D :D

^^^ Like
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:00 am

emailed ''goneshrimpings'' idea to the club.
Last edited by mrpotatohead on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrpotatohead

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:03 am

mrpotatohead wrote:emailed seasiders idea to the club.

Gone_Shrimping's technically !! ;)

A great idea it was too.
Seasider9601

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:48 am

Great Idea! Think this would go down very well especially with away supporters and for the mid week games where people haven't had a chance to have any tea if they've been at work.
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:16 am

A good idea. Let's hope that the club act on the suggestion..... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:06 am

they won't??
mrpotatohead

Postby KenH » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:19 pm

A bit like not having hot dogs at the recent open day - not all children want a toddler's kiddie box or a pie! Hot dogs are quick and simple to make so far less risk of having lots unsold as they can make a few and then make more quickly if they're selling, unlike pies which are 20-30 minutes in the oven.
KenH

Postby bill ding » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:35 pm

KenH wrote:A bit like not having hot dogs at the recent open day - not all children want a toddler's kiddie box or a pie! Hot dogs are quick and simple to make so far less risk of having lots unsold as they can make a few and then make more quickly if they're selling, unlike pies which are 20-30 minutes in the oven.

Of course KenH - Ken Hom , the american born chinese chef .... watch out graham the sweet and sour chicken , ham and leek pie could be about to steal your crown :lol:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby MfcChris » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:00 pm

Talking of shambles, pie's now £3.20. 6% that is some inflation. I won't be buying one again.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby KenH » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:14 pm

mrpotatohead wrote: there are 'pie beggars' selling pies at a presumed loss??

At £1 per pie, they will still be making a small profit - the wholesale price of pies is under £1 so the ingredients, power and staff time etc will be less than £1 per pie.

Also, when sold hot, they will be VATable (as they're kept hot in the hot cabinet), so that's 50p or so that goes to HMRC. Whereas when sold cool outside, they're zero rated. So it's £2.50 (net of 50p VAT) as opposed to £1.00, and no cost of the peas/gravy etc. either.

I'd go as far to say they probably cook too many in order to sell some off outside - even at £1, they should be making a profit, so if there are usually people wanting to buy them after a match, it makes sense to make sure that there are some to sell, otherwise a wasted opportunity.

I think the bigger problem is the lack of organisation and communication within the stadium, where some outlets have pies and others don't - something which should be simple to resolve but keeps happening!
KenH

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Wait for a cold/cooling one, Chris

tax.jpg
tax.jpg (70.55 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:36 pm

don't be knocking the after game £1 a Pie's, I normally take a carry bag and say fill it up, you can buy as many as you like! :D

just put em in the freezer and/or give em away at work, as a way to promote MFC
George Dawes

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:29 pm

George Dawes wrote:don't be knocking the after game £1 a Pie's, I normally take a carry bag and say fill it up, you can buy as many as you like! :D

just put em in the freezer and/or give em away at work, as a way to promote MFC

So THATS why I can never bloody get one for my tea! :evil:

:lol:
Seasider9601

Postby RedRedWine » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:06 pm

I think flogging them for a quid is counter productive to be honest. I'm told there was a forumula to calculate how many pies would be needed for halftime based on how many people had entered the ground at a certain time (e.g. 2:45pm on a Saturday); they're generally prepared fresh and then cooked from frozen.... If you're buying for £1 I wouldn't refreeze them again... Otherwise I'm pretty sure the club would be doing this themselves with any unsold stock. There shouldn't be any left after the game really, but it's becoming a regular occurrance. I'd guess knowing the Morecambe public that many won't now be parting with £3.20 at HT because they know there's more than likely going to be ready supply at £1 a pop. If they are going to be discounted, they shouldn't be so cheap and they should be in the bars so that it might encourage people to buy something else.

£3.20 is a 6.67% price increase (same as Carling) but it has been the first increase for a few years... And they're still not as expensive as in the away end (£3.50 I think, which I don't really agree with).
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:40 am

I agree with some of your comments RRW , but I think it must be '''easy as pie'' to work out how many are going to be needed, I asked a senior member of catering last night about the possibility of having them on sale ,at the front before matches and his pathetic excuse was ''we cant spare a warming trolley, before the match'' FFS if we cannot take a punt on a warming trolley, we sure as hell aint buying a centre forward!!
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:50 am

Is a warming trolley not just a tin pot with wheels on?
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:31 am

yes, you would think a ''tin pot'' organization would have one or two to spare?
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:41 am

Heres how it could work ,if you are reading , club, pie trolley leaves lift from kichen at 2.15, and parks outside main entrance for 20 minutes , trolley sells pies without peas or gravy for £2.50 each, trolley then goes to ticket queue area and sells more pies, trolley is then used to deliver remaing pies to the rear of either stand, (carrier pidgeon can be despatched with clear instructions to official match day director of trolley) estimated pie sales ?? 300+.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:11 am

mrpotatohead wrote:Heres how it could work ,if you are reading , club, pie trolley leaves lift from kichen at 2.15, and parks outside main entrance for 20 minutes , trolley sells pies without peas or gravy for £2.50 each, trolley then goes to ticket queue area and sells more pies, trolley is then used to deliver remaing pies to the rear of either stand, (carrier pidgeon can be despatched with clear instructions to official match day director of trolley) estimated pie sales ?? 300+.

You are assuming that the 'power that be' will actually take any notice of a fan.... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:31 pm

Good to see the Club are still getting awards for their pies even though Graham left, well done

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2020/m ... BO-UmY0CxE
marky No.1

Postby Potted Shrimp » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:01 am

The pies at The Globe are very good, although it would be nice to see some variety in flavours other than meat and potato and chicken and leek. Some suggestions:

Chicken Balti.
Minted Lamb and potato.
Steak.
Ham and cheese.
Chicken and mushroom.

The hotdogs are outstanding but I really wish cheeseburgers were available.
Potted Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion