Go on then ... dare we?? Accy predictions....

Go on then ... dare we?? Accy predictions....

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:36 am

It ends.

Right here, right now, Right here, right now.

4-1 Morecambe victory.

Attendance of 2,163 with one man and his dog in the away end.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Re: Go on then ... dare we?? Accy predictions....

Postby Shrimpy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:50 am

1-0 defeat, Molyneux own goal in the 97th minute.

1721 attendance with 282 from Accrington.
Shrimpy

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:54 am

This is their thoughts on the matter. Quite a good read the first bit.

They seem to think their run will end.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/ ... 67553.html
Seasider9601

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:06 am

Morecambe 1-1 Accrington. Ryan.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:22 am

BoroRedShrimp wrote:Morecambe 1-1 Accrington. Ryan.

If he manages to get on of course......!
Seasider9601

Postby black morse » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:31 am

Much depends on what team Jim puts out (correction....is able to put out). I'm sure he would dearly love to slay this ghost and he must also see that we really need a win or confidence might start to slide. Just hope we are able to field an attacking team to continue the number of chances we are creating. We must, sooner or later, put one away.

Morecambe to win 2-0
black morse

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:39 am

Morecambe 0-1 Accrington. A cross field pass deflects off the referee and loops over Roche in the last minute. Our players complain but the referee claims 'these things even themselves out'.

Attendance 1750. 12 inbreds and 20 flags from Stanley.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby bill ding » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:19 am

I am always being told to be more positive , so on that note my prediction is we will only lose 1-0 :(
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:28 am

No prediction from me, just a wish that Jimbo will play with 2 recognised strikers playing as a duo to counter the Accy threat who normally play with 3 goal scoring strikers.

I find it hard to accept this lone striker that Jimbo seems to prefer especially at home. So it's Mullers and Jack Ryan for me to ruffle the back line of Stanley who have some height in their defence this time around.

A lot will depend on the fitness of Aaron but a midfield 4 of Lee, Aaron, Goody and Jamie will do fine with Barks able to come on later in the game if necessary. No apology from me but no place for Fleming.
Last edited by Christies Child on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Ego Tripping » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:41 am

Christies Child wrote:I find it hard to accept this loan striker that Jimbo seems to prefer especially at home. So it's Mullers and Jack Ryan for me to ruffle the back line of Stanley who have some height in their defence this time around.

Lets hope we dont play a lone loan striker. Then CC will be really confused :roll:
Ego Tripping

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:57 am

Ego Tripping wrote:
Christies Child wrote:I find it hard to accept this loan striker that Jimbo seems to prefer especially at home. So it's Mullers and Jack Ryan for me to ruffle the back line of Stanley who have some height in their defence this time around.

Lets hope we dont play a lone loan striker. Then CC will be really confused :roll:

Confused.....who me... :?: :?: :?:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

PS dont should be don't..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby cragbankshrimp » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:45 am

3 - 0 Morecambe. Mullins, Ellison and Wilson.
2157 crowd
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby KenH » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:18 pm

I do fear that Jim will be hurt by the past two losses and revert back to a 5-3-2 formation to be more defensive in the hope of not losing a third in a row, especially against Accy, with the injuries, and end up with a nil-nil draw which I'm sure Jim would be happy with, but no entertainment for the fans.

But I really hope that he doesn't and that he bravely goes for a win, with a 4-4-2 formation with two strikers up front. Mullins looked lost on his own against Sheffield and wasn't helped by Devitt and Molyneux playing out wide and too far behind him. Assuming Barky and Wildig don't feature, I'd go for:-

Roche
Beeley-Edwards-Parrish-Wilson
McGowan-Goodall-Devitt-Molyneux
Mullins-Miller

With Ellison and Ryan coming on at 70 minutes to replace Mullins and Miller.

Morecambe 2 Accy O
KenH

Postby Morecambe Jack » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:31 pm

Playing 4-4-2 and an extra striker up front doesn't suddenly mean we are playing more attacking. That's the attitude we had last season where we were shoving strikers on for fun, but all out of position and all ineffective.

I thought the set up was fairly effective on Tuesday, we were getting behind them, just not taking our chances. Mullin had a tough time of it, but it was against a very good and effective defence.

No predictions from me for this fixture.
Morecambe Jack

Postby MfcChris » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:45 pm

0-0
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby KenH » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:01 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:Playing 4-4-2 and an extra striker up front doesn't suddenly mean we are playing more attacking. That's the attitude we had last season where we were shoving strikers on for fun, but all out of position and all ineffective.

Which is why I was suggesting that we start with 2 proper strikers up front, to be replaced with 2 proper strikers as subs (in my opinion Kev is a striker, not a midfielder anymore). Leaving the proper midfielders playing in the midfield positions. I think last year worked well when we had just 2 strikers up front - the problem as you say was when strikers were placed in the midfield, which never worked.

For me, Mullins just wasn't effective as a lone striker at the Sheffield game - far too many times he was on his own, and when he did manage to get the ball, there was no-one around to support him, so he ended up losing it. Same when Miller came on as a sub and took over the lone striker position.
KenH

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:13 pm

I'm a great admirer of what Jim and Ken have done and can do for our club, but I wish they would be more adventurous at times and play with 2 out and out strikers playing together as a partnership, rather than the single striker that we have become accustomed too.

It would provide that much needed entertainment that some of us are crying out for.
Christies Child

Postby parkyboy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:30 pm

3 2 shrimps mullin ryan devitt 1876
parkyboy

Postby Uni Red » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:33 pm

1.2 Mullin. Ref volleys in for Stanley in the 93rd min.
He's magic you know, our Jim
Uni Red

Postby Phil Anderer » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:44 pm

Morecambe 2 - 1 Accy

Christies Child wrote:I'm a great admirer of what Jim and Ken have done and can do for our club, but I wish they would be more adventurous at times and play with 2 out and out strikers playing together as a partnership, rather than the single striker that we have become accustomed too.

It would provide that much needed entertainment that some of us are crying out for.

CC, since you picked someone else up, it's 'to', not 'too'. 8-)

Also KenH, it's Mullin, with no 's' on the end - look at his shirt tomorrow if you don't believe me. ;)
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Shrimpy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:12 pm

Christies Child wrote:I'm a great admirer of what Jim and Ken have done and can do for our club, but I wish they would be more adventurous at times and play with 2 out and out strikers playing together as a partnership, rather than the single striker that we have become accustomed too.

Didn't take long did it? 2 games in and you're questioning the management team already :lol:
Shrimpy

Postby parceldave » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:It ends.

Right here, right now, Right here, right now.

4-1 Morecambe victory.

Attendance of 2,163 with one man and his dog in the away end.

For us to get 4 goals someone is gonna have to put their shooting boots on , or use their head even . :o
parceldave

Postby james456 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:42 pm

1-2 Accrington.

Shrimps to go 1 up in the first half. Then Accy will get 2 in the second half including a dubious penalty and a piece of poor defending from us.

A win would make up for the two disappointing results so far but I can't see it unfortunately.

As for formations and teams, nothing wrong with what we're already doing - we've played well enough. Only a formation that counters dodgy refereeing decisions will help us tomorrow if anyone knows of one?
james456

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Shrimpy wrote:

Didn't take long did it? 2 games in and you're questioning the management team already :lol:

Interestingly you seem not to have an opinion about playing 2 strikers together...but what's new... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby black morse » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:09 pm

KenH wrote:I do fear that Jim will be hurt by the past two losses and revert back to a 5-3-2 formation to be more defensive in the hope of not losing a third in a row, especially against Accy, with the injuries, and end up with a nil-nil draw which I'm sure Jim would be happy with, but no entertainment for the fans.

But I really hope that he doesn't and that he bravely goes for a win, with a 4-4-2 formation with two strikers up front. Mullins looked lost on his own against Sheffield and wasn't helped by Devitt and Molyneux playing out wide and too far behind him. Assuming Barky and Wildig don't feature, I'd go for:-

Roche
Beeley-Edwards-Parrish-Wilson
McGowan-Goodall-Devitt-Molyneux
Mullins-Miller

With Ellison and Ryan coming on at 70 minutes to replace Mullins and Miller.

Morecambe 2 Accy O

What makes you think Jim would be happy with a 0-0 draw? If that's true with a match at home against Accrington we might as well all give up hope of a high table finish.
black morse

Next

Return to General Discussion