O/T Refugee crisis

O/T Refugee crisis

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Having just returned from our holiday in Italy I have to say that the refugees who seek shelter in a European country have my complete and utter sympathy. We spent some time in Verona and saw first hand the pathetic and sorrowful sight of numerous refugees who where looking for shelter and a kind hand to help them in their plight for a stable and secure life going forward.

Whatever ones own thoughts are towards this growing problem it's only when you come face to face with those in such a need of help do you realize the huge problem that we in Europe face and those countries who are putting up the barriers to stop them gaining entry really do need (in my opinion) to be a bit more sympathetic towards the plight of these homeless people.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T Refugee crisis

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:49 pm

this is a result of us meddling in overseas affairs, in particular Libya regarding the boat people.

The people in Iraq & Libya are worse off now than when Saddam Hussein and Col Gaddafi and his Raybans were running things.

what a fricking Mess! opened a MASSIVE can of Worms!!!
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:29 pm

A young lad on question time asked the panel, If your family were being opressed by the government, or were starving, would you not try your best to reach somewhere better?

I certainly would.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:46 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:A young lad on question time asked the panel, If your family were being opressed by the government, or were starving, would you not try your best to reach somewhere better?

I certainly would.
to be fair, that goes without saying.
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Are most of them economic migrants?
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:28 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:Are most of them economic migrants?
why don't you jump off that big fence, and say what you think for a change? ;)
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:42 pm

OK ill bite George,IMO most of them ARE economic migrants,if persecuted back at "home" why would they leave their family's behind :?: so easy to come here and be looked after as MPH as said
benefit Britain is sooooo appetizing ;)
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:46 pm

the French should be billing us for what's going on in Calais and other ports.
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:57 pm

the French dont give a toss/they cant wait to get rid Asap/oh and last week how convinent to have a strike

and not forgetting the Al-Qaeda that may have latched on!!!!
shrimpnsave

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:25 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:OK ill bite George,IMO most of them ARE economic migrants,if persecuted back at "home" why would they leave their family's behind :?: so easy to come here and be looked after as MPH as said
benefit Britain is sooooo appetizing ;)

Yeh I am sure they are all risking their lives to come and sit on their asses and claim our benefits. :roll: Just remind me how illegal immigrants go about claiming anyway?

Most will actually end up working in squalid conditions for peanuts, virtually slaves to anyone willing to take them in.

Try living between a rock and hard place like they do and see what decisions you make in life?
Wild Bill

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:45 pm

There will always be "between a rock and hard place" Wild bill!!!
shrimpnsave

Postby SolentShrimp » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:14 pm

What's the point of the UK tax payers multi-£billion Foreign Aid that's poured into these countries year after year ater year? Go to any Arms Fair, and you'll see representatives of Despots licking their lips over how to spend the UK Aid we thought was aimed at making a better life for the people of their impoverished country.

Countries evolve don't they? We've had civil war and famine, and industrial revolution. We came through it without outside interference didn't we?

Leave them to it, the alternative, a nasty alternative, is only a few years away!
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:41 am

that is not what i said at all.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Return to General Discussion