Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes

Postby Kendalshrimp » Wed May 27, 2015 10:05 am

Signs for Stevenage :shock: didn't expect that one ! If anything I thought he'd of signed for Stanley or someone in the conference !
Kendalshrimp

Re: Mark Hughes

Postby Christies Child » Wed May 27, 2015 10:09 am

Good move for Mark and probably seen an increase in his wages at the same time.

Just hope that when we play against him that his distribution is as accurate as it was for us..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Kendalshrimp » Wed May 27, 2015 2:15 pm

Christies Child wrote:Good move for Mark and probably seen an increase in his wages at the same time.

Just hope that when we play against him that his distribution is as accurate as it was for us..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah won't of took a pay cut to move down south I imagine. Wish him all the best an just hope Jim has got a better replacement lined up !
Kendalshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:32 pm

3 of the Stevenage friendlies are Notts Forest, Millwall and Spurs - can't think why....

Mixed feelings on the Stevenage forum as they take this in:

"Half decent player, was our club captain the past two years. Reading between the lines he was a bit of a cock though, the fans didn't take to him and many thought he was the 3rd best centre back we had (behind Parrish & Edwards) but due to the fact he was captain it meant he always got in the team / we had to play 3 centre backs.

Has a tendancy to blame others for his mistakes, constantly berating other players rather than encouraging and didn't seem to be captains material. His release was a bit of a shock one and I'm just guessing here (I don't have any inside knowledge) Bentley didn't want him as captain and it would have been a bit awkward to offer him a new deal but strip him of the captaincy at the same time. I also think we're going to a back 4 this season rather than playing with 3 centre backs and he was deemed surplus to requirements.

Has a tendancy to give away needless fouls / penalties, lacks pace but is good in the air and will grab you a handful of goals a season from set pieces.

In summary, he's a bog standard League 2 clogger centre back who seems to be a bit of a wanker."

"One other thing to note about him, he would get loads of praise from our fans for the amount of last ditch tackles, blocks on the line etc that he would make. I often found this odd in the same way people fap themselves silly over midfielders that run around a lot without actually doing anything.

If you're defending properly in the first place then you won't find yourself in so many situations that require you to make desperate lunges to prevent a goal."

"No brainer" after getting the phone call..

http://www.player.stevenagefc.com/lates ... evenage-fc
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:27 pm

That's a rather jaundiced view of Hughes, especially the 'last ditch tackle' bit. That's like saying no team should ever concede a goal at any time, ever because the defence should always stop the shot getting away in the first place! Some of the goal line clearances were superb.

He never became a fan's favourite but he wasn't the twonk that was suggested either.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion