Fans Tournament Globe Arena

Fans Tournament Globe Arena

Postby RedRedWine » Sun May 10, 2015 11:38 pm

Just letting SV readers know about a charity event organised at the football club this coming Saturday (16th May), hoping to see a few of you down there and perhaps even entice a couple to get involved/come out of football retirement.

Following on from last years successful fans tournament in aid of RMHC and the training ground developement fund (involved a challenge match between the MADKATS and McDonalds staff, followed by a 4 team knockout competition), there will be an expanded 6 team 11-aside fans tournament taking place at the Globe. The competition is in aid of St Johns Hospice, which was FCoMs nominated charity for last season.

The event kicks off in the Wright & Lord suite with team registrations and group draw from 11am, with the first 30 min game kicking off at noon. Six sides will be divided into two groups, playing each other once before the winners of each group will face each other in the final for the 'yet to be named' trophy which has been donated by FCoM.

The teams (managers/organisers):

MADKATS
Second Life (Nigel Boras)
Morecambe Supporters (Pat Stoyles)
Project Shrimp (Dom Lancaster) - 2014 winners
Staff United (Ground stewards)
Nomads FC (Adrian Rigby)

There are still places available to be on the Nomads team - it'll cost you a £10, for this your team gets at least an hour of footy on the Globe first team pitch, get changed in the first team dressing rooms, tunnel, name read over the PA system etc. PM if you are interested in playing; you'll be keeping MarkS company!

The PMG is open for spectators, friends, family etc, with the W&L suite open for refreshments. We'd kindly ask for a £1 donation in aid of the charity. There will also be a raffle for a 2015/16 MFC adult terraced season ticket (donated by FCoM) which all players are entered into, additional tickets available for £1.

Finally a big thank you in advance from myself to the club (Mark Dixon in particular), community sports and the developement squad physio for providing first aiders, the ground staff for perparing the surface, and ground stewards for giving up their time to allow this event to take place.
Attachments
FCoM Footy 2015.jpg
FCoM Footy 2015.jpg (243.69 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Re: Fans Tournament Globe Arena

Postby Ego Tripping » Tue May 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Bump

Still a couple of places available on Nomads team. Pm RRW or me if you are interested

If you want to join our supporters group F-CON (fans club of nomads) let me know. CC is official water supplier & cheerleader :roll:
Ego Tripping

Postby MfcPaul » Wed May 13, 2015 5:25 am

I have text Stuart about my interest. There is me and one other person that would like to play.
MfcPaul

Postby RedRedWine » Thu May 14, 2015 11:30 am

MfcPaul wrote:I have text Stuart about my interest. There is me and one other person that would like to play.

Hi Paul - I've sent you a PM
RedRedWine

Postby RedRedWine » Fri May 15, 2015 7:57 pm

Bump - Just a reminder of the fans tournament happening at the Globe tomorrow. PMG stand open to spectators with W&L suite open for refreshments. Suggested £1 donation.

I've sent MfcPaul a PM but not had a reply - if anybody knows the identity of Paul please could they ask him to get in touch ASAP; I think he might have been using an incorrect number as I don't have any texts as stated earlier.
RedRedWine

Postby RedRedWine » Sat May 16, 2015 12:48 am

Final bump - admittance for all players and spectators at today's fans tournament is via PMG concourse 2 (away seating section). W&L suite accessible via the press balcony.
RedRedWine

Postby outsider » Sat May 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Congratulations RRW, you have organized another great day. Well done FC Nomads on winning the cup
Attachments
885653_1127925660567069_3296670521539335658_o.jpg
885653_1127925660567069_3296670521539335658_o.jpg (173.98 KiB) Viewed 455 times
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby RedRedWine » Sun May 17, 2015 8:18 am

Thank you all to everybody who took part or came along to watch. I hope everyone had a great day; due to the expanded format there was a lot of waiting around but I didn't hear many people complaining.

Special mention again to all the stewards and ground safety team, community sports, Brian Campbell, Mike and Ian, FCoM committee members and the football club. Without these people the event couldn't have taken place or been as successful.

Most importantly we raised £1062.43 for St Johns Hospice, a great effort.

Congratulations to FC Nomads for winning the competition. The team was made up of Morecambe fans who in many cases didn't know the other players in the side at the start of the day, and then went on to win the tournament. A big improvement on last year; I can't help but think that the addition of some younger players propelled them to glory.
RedRedWine

Postby Lloydie » Sun May 17, 2015 11:01 am

Nomads were runners up last year, replacing me with youth must have done the trick, hope to back next year
Lloydie

Return to General Discussion