O/T We are not the only club struggling

O/T We are not the only club struggling

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:51 pm

I am sure I can't be the only one who gets tired of reading the same cr-p over and over again about our dwindling fan base and how attractive football at home will attract more fans. Shrewsbury town (my local team who I do not support) are on the verge on being promoted back to league 1 and they have earned this right over the season.
Fans must be thrilled, the home attendance must have rocketed especially as they have only lost once at home this season (or is it twice now) and everything must be rosey especially as they are rumoured to make a fortune through their corporate side plus good cup runs right? Wrong!! The fans are thrilled with the soon to be promotion but that's about it really so to put our beloved own clubs finances into perspective read on
http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2015 ... re-future/
nobbyshrimp

Re: O/T We are not the only club struggling

Postby underbank » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:50 am

Remember the accounts are usually a year out of date. Those losses are for the relegation season, so you'd expect lower crowds etc. The current year's accounts may well show higher crowds and higher income now that it's had a good season, and like you say, few home losses etc. It will be interesting this time next year to see the accounts for this successful season.

A very telling quote in respect of lower attendances - "We are mindful that supporters want to see attractive, winning football and as our relegation illustrates we did not provide such."
underbank

Postby Shrimpy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:11 am

I think our club would be delighted to record a loss of £280k and have £1m in the bank!
Shrimpy

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:35 pm

underbank wrote:Remember the accounts are usually a year out of date. Those losses are for the relegation season, so you'd expect lower crowds etc. The current year's accounts may well show higher crowds and higher income now that it's had a good season, and like you say, few home losses etc. It will be interesting this time next year to see the accounts for this successful season.

A very telling quote in respect of lower attendances - "We are mindful that supporters want to see attractive, winning football and as our relegation illustrates we did not provide such."

I am aware of this but it is still interesting to compare. They lost 3% of fans in that relegation season which is understandable but the average attendances have dropped further this season too and season ticket sales are also down this season!!
nobbyshrimp

Postby bigdavethemaddog » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:55 pm

they had a decent cup run this season which included a full house and a TV game against Chelsea which will make this years figures look good.
bigdavethemaddog

Return to General Discussion