Lancaster-Premier Inn

Lancaster-Premier Inn

Postby Earwig » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:19 pm

Stopping over with the good lady and some friends after the game tomorrow ;) .

Any recommendations for good pubs, entertainment etc

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Another pint of pedigree please landlord
Earwig

Re: Lancaster-Premier Inn

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Premier Inn is on J34. If you don't already know, the roads around there are currently a building site! They are building a new road that will hopefully make the trip from the M6 to the Globe about 7 minutes, instead of the 45 it can take at the moment, so plan for that one.

You have a Brewers Fayre on site.

Centre of town is a good mile and a half down the main road and there is nothing on your way, so you may want a taxi.
Lancaster is quite historic and has quite a few cask taverns and plenty of bars for the Saturday night brigade with the short skirts etc.
If you are with family you will probably want the former and we all have our favourites...

I would certainly try the 3 Mariners (oldest pub in Lancaster)
The Sun
The Water Witch (on the canal if you go in daylight)
The Merchants
The Robert Gillow (often has live acoustic)
Ring of Bells (sometimes has a band on)
John O'Gaunt
The Study Room
Wagon & Horses and the George & Dragon (heading down the quayside)
There's also 2 Wetherspoons and a Yates
The "Pub" has rock music

Not generally too much in Live entertainment apart from at the Globe at 3pm :shock:

That lot should keep you busy! ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Posh » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:55 pm

Good recommendations from Marky. All Lancaster places of course. Morecambe probably a trek too far.

I'd add:

The Borough - just a good pub
White Cross - 14 real ales on draft
Robert Gillow - live music most nights

For scoff:

Go Burrito - excellent little Mexican
Sabai - home made proper Thai
Oscars - decent Amerianesque nosh big portions

Have a great time!
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Earwig » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:26 am

Many thanks for the information,much appreciated.

Cheers
Another pint of pedigree please landlord
Earwig

Postby SolentShrimp » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:18 am

For your next visit, the Lancaster Central Travelodge is right in the thick of things, right next door to the top Wetherspoons. Parking can be problematic though. We stay there at least once a year for a week, but always travel up by train.

For a bit of history and lots of cobwebs, the Royal Kings Arms is in the centre of town too, and has ample parking. You can often get good deals online.
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby bill ding » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:20 am

SolentShrimp wrote:For your next visit, the Lancaster Central Travelodge is right in the thick of things, right next door to the top Wetherspoons. Parking can be problematic though. We stay there at least once a year for a week, but always travel up by train.

For a bit of history and lots of cobwebs, the Royal Kings Arms is in the centre of town too, and has ample parking. You can often get good deals online.

Why promote the Lancaster Travel lodge SS when we have our own right in the heart of Morecambe no more than a 20 minute stroll away from the club .
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:36 am

How do you expect Peter to remember where we play football?

;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby SolentShrimp » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:02 am

bill ding wrote:Why promote the Lancaster Travel lodge SS when we have our own right in the heart of Morecambe no more than a 20 minute stroll away from the club .

Because the title of the thread includes the word Lancaster, so the OP probably wants to stay in Lancaster. Given the choice I think we'd all want to stay in Lancaster if it's a good night out we were after. And Mark has already given a good list of places to consider for a good night out in Lancaster.

Why not have a go at Mark and Posh too for promoting Lancaster? :roll:
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby SolentShrimp » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:04 am

marky No.1 wrote:How do you expect Peter to remember where we play football?

;)

It's shocking. I can't even make sure I'm in the country when Shrimps are playing at Fratton Park. :oops:

SolentShrimp

Return to General Discussion