Well was it a success?

Well was it a success?

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:42 pm

The reduction in prices for Tuesday's game probably brought a few more bodies to CP than would have been there with the usual full price. But was it as successful as we hoped in terms of numbers?

I'd like to think that had the weather been better a gate of over 2000 would have been cheering the lads on.

However with the bitterly cold weather, frozen roads and footpaths (including a certain car park :o :o :o ) the 1700 who turned up deserved a big thank you from the club.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Well was it a success?

Postby durhamshrimp » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Who cares? Its gone now.

I'd like to think the club went 1/2 price because it was the right thing to do, not to swell numbers. I don't think there would have been many less if it had been full price. I would have been there either way.
durhamshrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:10 pm

Christies Child wrote:The reduction in prices for Tuesday's game probably brought a few more bodies to CP than would have been there with the usual full price. But was it as successful as we hoped in terms of numbers?

I'd like to think that had the weather been better a gate of over 2000 would have been cheering the lads on.

However with the bitterly cold weather, frozen roads and footpaths (including a certain car park :o :o :o ) the 1700 who turned up deserved a big thank you from the club.

With more time to promote the game and the cheap prices we could have got a lot more through the gates. Many people would have heard its full price on Saturday evening and not bothered to check again. I tried my best to round up the troops but fair-weather fans are hard to persuade on a cold night playing Cheltenham.

The club could have made a few more quid if it had been full-price but would have lost a lot of good faith from its fans. The money would have been split three ways too, so it seemed that they came to the only logical conclusion.
Wild Bill

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:41 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:Who cares? Its gone now.

I'd like to think the club went 1/2 price because it was the right thing to do, not to swell numbers. I don't think there would have been many less if it had been full price. I would have been there either way.

Even if this game had been full price I would of gone....I love my club and totally back the club in there decisions...They still have to pay wages and have to pay to open the ground for a game.....Fair play to them for the offer and maybe might see one again in the future...Let's get behind the club and support them anyway we can....

I just hope people that keep moaning about the club and the ticket policy...SHUT UP!!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby steve mfc » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:51 pm

We will never no what the attendance would have been if it had been full price, i would hazard a guess that it would have been a couple of hundred less, but as a previous poster has said if we had more time to get the message out then we probably would have seen a greater increase which brings me to the point of why did the F.A insist that we play on the 2nd when Chesterfield are playing their abandoned game on the 9th.

Maybe i have missed something, if anyone can enlighten me i would be grateful, i just feel the extra week could have made a significant difference to the attendance particularly if the weather was somewhat better.
steve mfc

Postby Aal » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:54 pm

Was very hard to spread the word about half price especially after the initial announcement which annoyed so many folk. The weather was probably a big deterrent for many.

I agree though that Chesterfield appear to have had an extra week to market their generous offer of £1 entry for all. Why not us as well?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby mounse mk2 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:24 am

thegentlegiant wrote:

Even if this game had been full price I would of gone....I love my club and totally back the club in there decisions...They still have to pay wages and have to pay to open the ground for a game.....Fair play to them for the offer and maybe might see one again in the future...Let's get behind the club and support them anyway we can....

I just hope people that keep moaning about the club and the ticket policy...SHUT UP!!!!

Surely the most 'head up the Morecambe's boards anus, the furthest' post of the year so far.

Well done
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby shrimper » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:47 am

steve mfc wrote:We will never no what the attendance would have been if it had been full price, i would hazard a guess that it would have been a couple of hundred less, but as a previous poster has said if we had more time to get the message out then we probably would have seen a greater increase which brings me to the point of why did the F.A insist that we play on the 2nd when Chesterfield are playing their abandoned game on the 9th.

Maybe i have missed something, if anyone can enlighten me i would be grateful, i just feel the extra week could have made a significant difference to the attendance particularly if the weather was somewhat better.

Steve, I think they were conscious of the prospect for more bad weather in coming weeks. Had they played it next week and the teams had drawn, then it would be at least another week before they could have a replay. That would be getting close to the next round and, if there were any other weather delays, it could drag on causing fixture congestion.

I think they thought 'let's get it played as quickly as we can as long as both clubs are okay with that' and I think it was a good decision to be honest.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:01 pm

mounse mk2 wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:

Surely the most 'head up the Morecambe's boards anus, the furthest' post of the year so far.

Well done

I have just had enough of people moaning.....get a grip!!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby cultured » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:31 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:
mounse mk2 wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:

Well done

I have just had enough of people moaning.....get a grip!!!!

In business it is often wise to disregard your customers complaints as being "moaning bastards"
cultured

Return to General Discussion