How can we help?

How can we help?

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:01 pm

Now we have the good news of the 50% reduction (Wow! That is very generous when you look at it) what are we going to do about it?

When i say we, I mean us, the fans.

What a great opportunity to entice those Ummers and Ahhers that we all know. To all intents and purposes, Saturday never happened and we have an FA Cup 2nd round clash against higher opposition available for less than £7.

It is too late for any local newspaper to let the public know. Hopefully The Bay will carry this as a news item, but it strikes me that it is down to us to to try and encourage everyone we know down to Christie park for what will be a superb match.

Use e mail, use text, use your Facebook / Bebo etc, get on the phone.

This could capture the imagination of the Town if we let them know. Word of mouth is the best publicity. Lets all play our part and shout it from the rooftops!

I am just about to e mail my friend at Granada.

Any chance of a quick edit of the Poster so I can put it up at a few places?

Any other ideas?
Mark S

Re: How can we help?

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Mark S wrote:I am just about to e mail my friend at Granada.

Remind him this is only the fourth time we've reached the Second Round and we've never gone out at this stage. You know how he'll look to you for stats! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agreed (as I said in another thread before you started this one... are you CC in disguise...) let's get some posters out around town, can someone do something with the one for Saturday? Get your mates down who don't normally go, to take advantage of half price entry. Players in local Saturday league teams, get in touch and drag them down.

This is a great move by both clubs. The fans who were complaining were suggesting we'd get more money by doubling the crowd. The club has given you the opportunity to prove that!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby steve mfc » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:05 pm

Mark S wrote:Now we have the good news of the 50% reduction (Wow! That is very generous when you look at it) what are we going to do about it?

What a great opportunity to entice those Ummers and Ahhers that we all know. To all intents and purposes, Saturday never happened and we have an FA Cup 2nd round clash against higher opposition available for less than £7.

It is too late for any local newspaper to let the public know. Hopefully The Bay will carry this as a news item, but it strikes me that it is down to us to to try and encourage everyone we know down to Christie park for what will be a superb match.

This could capture the imagination of the Town if we let them know. Word of mouth is the best publicity. Lets all play our part and shout it from the rooftops!

Any other ideas?

I think as Morecambe fans we all tend to assume that everyone in the community knows what is happining at the club, what big games are comming up etc.

But in reality it couldn't be further from the truth, my own experience as someone who moved here from Scotland is testament to that. I can honestly say that i was living here for ten years before i was even aware that Morecambe had a team. As a Rangers supporter i would go back for the odd game and apart from that the only football that i watched was Match off the day or any other football on tv.

Then one day i was doing a job in the Headway hotel and a lady there started talking to me about Morecambe, i can always remember how excited she was that they had just been promoted to the conference and were getting crowds of 1,000, now at the time i found this funny and couldn't understand what she was excited about.

The following year my son received a ticket to go to the last game of the season, we went and i enjoyed it but after crowds of 50,000 it seemed all a bit dull.

The following year he was given a season ticket from the club and we went to about ten games, but it was one day when he didn't want to go that i realized that i was starting to get hooked as i spent hours trying to pursued him to go. The following year we never missed a home game, the next year we started going to away games, that was about 9 years ago.

The point is unless your a supporter you are not going to look at the sports pages to see any news about the club, so when we get a small crowd for a game like Saturdays its not necessary the point that people are not interested, but more than likely that they are not aware of it.

That's why i think Mark is spot on when he says word of mouth is the best publicity.
steve mfc

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:06 pm

I have just used the 2 groups i look after on facebook and messaged 2000+ people around the local area about the game...

MORECAMBE VS CHELTENHAM TOWN - KO 19:75

Get on down to Christie Park this coming Tuesday (2nd December). Morecambe take on Cheltenham Town in the FA Cup 2nd round, Morecambe announced earlier today the ticket prices had been reduced by 50%.

Prices

Main Stand

-Adults £6.00
-Conc £5.00
-Child £2.00

North Stand, South Stand(away) and Main Stand Paddock

-Adults £6.00
-Conc £5.00
-Child £2.00

Car Wash Terrace

-Adults £6.00
-Conc £4.00
-Child £2.00

Hope to see everyone there cheering on the lads and making as much noise as possible.
thegentlegiant

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Nice one gentlegiant!

Steve - The Club should use that as marketing material!
Mark S

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:17 pm

I have now forwarded that onto 300+ people on my facebook. I have mock GCSE exams this week so I won't see that many people in and around the school, but I will let everyone know of the reduced prices! :D
Crooky MFC

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:22 pm

Many businesses around here use facebook to advertise, I always get offers and messages from Elements, Toast etc as you know but it does work. Morecambe Fc should join facebook add as many as they can as friends and start doing some deals they have no idea what a huge effect it can have.
Friday night Elements did an 89p per drink night, i got the message on facebook but even at half 1 in the morning the cue was far too big to bother joining as there were that many there......point is it does work!!!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:25 pm

Pass that idea onto the club, Ezz. It's a very good idea.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:42 pm

marky wrote:Pass that idea onto the club, Ezz. It's a very good idea.

Agreed. Posh? Can you have any influence in this?
Mark S

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:33 am

thegentlegiant wrote:I have just used the 2 groups i look after on facebook and messaged 2000+ people around the local area about the game...

Just noticed my typo sorry if any confusion :lol: KO 19:45
thegentlegiant

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:15 am

Just sent out a message of a group that I totally forgot I set up. Ex-Morecambe High Schoolers, you've got mail 8-)
RedRedWine1

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:28 am

Mark S wrote:Now we have the good news of the 50% reduction (Wow! That is very generous when you look at it) what are we going to do about it?

Any other ideas?

Ideas?

A couple of big '£7 only' signs next to the display boards at ASDA and TESCO in Carnforth as well as the one near Skerton Bridge

Simple Black and White A3 boards again with '£7 only' positioned on the trees along Morecambe Road, Westgate, Torrisholme Road,Oxcliffe Road, Heysham Road and on the light pillars on the prom near to the Golf club.

An 'A' Board at the entance to the Morrison complex as well as in The Arndale.

A large sign outside the ground.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:26 am

Great Idea CC, but that is one for the club.

How can we, the supporters help?

What can you do personally? Fill your car with Storthites!
Mark S

Postby ezz » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:05 am

What can we do?? Bring your Dad, Your Brother or at least a friend. If everyone did that Christie Park would be a sell out :lol:
If you already do that get them to bring a friend of a friend, a distant cousin :lol:

What I'm wondering is our we going to raise the bar tomorrow? 5Mins before the lads come out is CP going to be rocking, for the lads to be hearing us in the tunnel would be a great inspiration and motivation to come out like a hosue on fire.
The club has set the standards with their great genorosity tonight now its up to us to match that with a real FA cup atmosphere. So bring someone along, teach them the words to the songs if they dont know them and get them to sing! The first 5mins will set the tone in the crowd for the rest of the game even if it is a poor start we might as well be loud about it!!!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby wijit » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:36 am

thegentlegiant wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:I have just used the 2 groups i look after on facebook and messaged 2000+ people around the local area about the game...

Just noticed my typo sorry if any confusion :lol: KO 19:45

Don't worry, this drop in VAT has confused a lot of folk!
wijit

Postby captain sparkle » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:33 pm

Mark S wrote:

Any other ideas?

i've just emailed a friend at BBC North West........
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby CASS » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:13 pm

Mark S wrote:Fill your car with Storthites!

St'Orth and Mil'thrup Collective are informed and are going...Apart from 1 who is going to watch
Burnley v Arse ffs :roll:
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:41 pm

CASS wrote:
Mark S wrote:Fill your car with Storthites!

St'Orth and Mil'thrup Collective are informed and are going...Apart from 1 who is going to watch
Burnley v Arse ffs :roll:

Latest count there are at least 3 cars from St Orth and Mil'thrup plus at least 4 from Arnside area on a regular basis. In addition there are Shrimp loyalists in Kendal, Holme and Burton as well. Might even be a few from the Furness area.

Bet everybody goes tomorrow!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby B.H.C #3 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:42 pm

I'll be back for it!!
B.H.C #3

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:15 pm

sky sports news don't seem to know about tuesdays game
heysham_mfc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:42 pm

All being well we should have another two chaps with us, on top of the clubs sweetener i've offered a lift there and back home to both.
If this doesn't do the trick then it's time to throw in the towel :?
HALMA 1983

Postby Vinny » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:56 pm

Get on down to Christie Park this coming Tuesday (2nd December). Morecambe take on Cheltenham Town in the FA Cup 2nd round, Morecambe announced earlier today the ticket prices had been reduced by 50%.

Prices

Main Stand

-Adults £6.00
-Conc £5.00
-Child £2.00

-Adults £6.00
-Conc £5.00
-Child £2.00

Car Wash Terrace

-Adults £6.00
-Conc £4.00
-Child £2.00

Hope to see everyone there cheering on the lads and making as much noise as possible.

Great idea, well done, but just another 'typo' I've noticed : Main Stand prices are £7, £6 & £3

Christies Child wrote:

Any other ideas?

Ideas?

A couple of big '£7 only' signs next to the display boards at ASDA and TESCO in Carnforth as well as the one near Skerton Bridge

Simple Black and White A3 boards again with '£7 only' positioned on the trees along Morecambe Road, Westgate, Torrisholme Road,Oxcliffe Road, Heysham Road and on the light pillars on the prom near to the Golf club.

Only £6, £5 or £2 in the North Stand (not £7)

Best idea is to make sure someone gets Skysports to get it on.
Last edited by Vinny on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:27 pm

Vinny wrote:

Prices

Main Stand

-Adults £6.00
-Conc £5.00
-Child £2.00

-Adults £6.00
-Conc £5.00
-Child £2.00

Car Wash Terrace

-Adults £6.00
-Conc £4.00
-Child £2.00

Great idea, well done, but just another 'typo' I've noticed : Main Stand prices are £7, £5 & £3

Christies Child wrote:

Any other ideas?

Ideas?

Only £6, £5 or £2 in the North Stand (not £7)

Best idea is to make sure someone gets Skysports to get it on.

Cheers I have resent the message with the update on....
thegentlegiant

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:51 pm

Christies Child wrote: A couple of big '£7 only' signs next to the display boards at ASDA and TESCO in Carnforth as well as the one near Skerton Bridge

Did my best and put a couple of rather naff looking cards under the sign at Asda saying 'half price entry' and 'Adults from 6.00 and Kids from 2.00' If anyone has got the time to make a proper sign on A4 please take one down. They will be happy to put it up.

Likewise, if anyone can PM or email me a poster with the student prices on, I will put them up at the uni in the morning. You might get a few extra students going if its a fiver a pop.
Wild Bill

Postby ezz » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:40 pm

I'll be bringing 3 others with me, tho bit gutted as i just found out i have to go to liverpool for an emergency passport which will cost me loooaaaaaddsssssss :(
Get over it ;)
ezz

Next

Return to General Discussion