Postby quinny » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:39 pm

See the official site for full details.
quinny

Re: Reduced entry prices for Tuesday's rescheduled tie

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:44 pm

Heres the link

http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~1472414,00.html

Well done to all concerned! Both clubs!

Hopefully everyone will now be able to come. Lets all get behind the lads on Tuesday and put our energy into the support!

Great news that should be applauded by everyone. :D
Mark S

Postby Dazzer » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:45 pm

Nice one :)

Well done to Rod the Board and obvioulsly their Cheltenham counterparts
Dazzer

Postby fletch_al » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:48 pm

great decision. very fair. altought i didnt go to saturdays game nor will i be able to go to tuesdays.

do you think they made it for everyone rather than those already tickets coz many ppl will have thrown them away in disgust?
fletch_al

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:52 pm

I might go now...

Does anyone know any excuses to get off work?
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby fletch_al » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:52 pm

Nerso (CTFC) wrote:I might go now...

Does anyone know any excuses to get off work?

the dog ate it?
fletch_al

Postby mfcbro » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:53 pm

Well done to all concerned,with christmas only 3 weeks away more fans will be able to afford to come and cheer the lads to victory.
mfcbro

Postby marky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:56 pm

And, by reducing the prices by such a margin, a few people who didn't go on Saturday might be tempted. Common sense prevails :D
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:58 pm

excellent news
Shrimpsscene

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:01 pm

I think it's disgusting that the board should feel pressurised into reducing entry just because of half a dozen whingers on this board.

All you people who say you support this club, but were saying you'd boycott the games :?

What's that about? Talk about confused!

Just think of all that revenue the club is missing out on. The club we all love are feeling the pinch too you know, stop being so damn selfish.
morecambe mick

Postby Why no t » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:03 pm

morecambe mick wrote:I think it's disgusting that the board should feel pressurised into reducing entry just because of half a dozen whingers on this board.

All you people who say you support this club, but were saying you'd boycott the games :?

What's that about? Talk about confused!

Just think of all that revenue the club is missing out on. The club we all love are feeling the pinch too you know, stop being so damn selfish.

Well said Mick.
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:05 pm

morecambe mick wrote:I think it's disgusting that the board should feel pressurised into reducing entry just because of half a dozen whingers on this board.

The Cheltenham board agreed 100% that prices should be reduced. We will both make more money in reducing prices, there will be floaters now that will go to the game and we might see 3000+. It's makes common sense.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:05 pm

Excellent news, well done to all concerned. Half price entry for everyone, regardless of whether you went yesterday or not.

NOW LET'S SEE THE TOWN SUPPORT THE CLUB!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:08 pm

hopefully it will attract a few more to watch the game
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:13 pm

In all seriousness this is a great move for the club.

I don't think it is reaction to anything, I don't suppose the club had much time to decide last night.

Being dumped on by the F.A like that to play the game so quickly was a bit dirty of them in my opinion.

Well done Rod Taylor and the rest of the board.

Family club reputation intact.

Serious about how could people suggest boycotting though..... not like we support Chester/Harchester Rovers is it?
morecambe mick

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:26 pm

morecambe mick wrote:In all seriousness this is a great move for the club.

I don't think it is reaction to anything, I don't suppose the club had much time to decide last night.

Being dumped on by the F.A like that to play the game so quickly was a bit dirty of them in my opinion.

Well done Rod Taylor and the rest of the board.

Family club reputation intact.

Serious about how could people suggest boycotting though..... not like we support Chester/Harchester Rovers is it?

Totally agree, the funny thing is later on some may complain about our club not having the funds to afford players wages etc......but thats for another day
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby The Fury » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:43 pm

This is clear proof that insurgence, or the threat of it, has an affect. What can we revolt against tomorrow? Personally, I've always had a thing against yellow cars....
The Fury

Postby steve mfc » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:44 pm

Good decision as far as im concerned, hopefully we will now get a much larger crowd and really get behind the team on Tuesday and help into the next round.

I don't think the club will necessary loose that much money and if it helps us progress then it will have paid off.
steve mfc

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:57 pm

steve mfc wrote:I don't think the club will necessary loose that much money and if it helps us progress then it will have paid off.

The club won't lose money as long as people turn out!

Half price entry must be a good incentive to get your mates down who don't normally attend games. Perhaps some of the people who play football themselves on Saturdays can be persuaded to come down? Tell your mates you'll buy them a pie if they come, you'll still be quids in on the money you saved! Time to get posters up at ASDA and Tesco in Carnforth?

Second round of the FA Cup. We've never gone out at this stage, we've got a Championship team at home in the next round if we can progress. The magic of the FA cup and a programme for a tenner? Come on down...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Duffman » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:20 pm

Having been very critical of the board for not doing anything about the prices I have to applaud them for this. I was in a pub today watching the two games and most of the talk was that of fans having to pay yet again for tuesday. People of this board were very quick to have a go at people who thought it was wrong to charge the full amount but now look, even the mfc board have seen sense and magically members of this board have changed their minds too. Perhaps I need a few hundred more posts to be taken seriously.....
Duffman

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:51 pm

Well done MFC, a great move which will tempt more people into coming to the game!! Now, wheres my mobile, i have some people to tell ;)
Crooky MFC

Postby Aal » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:52 pm

Surely this is the sensible way forward.

Half price should mean double the attendance.

Mind you Cheltenham fans deserve to be let in for free.

I'll be going now and will persuade others to come along. :)
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Callum wrote:Having been very critical of the board for not doing anything about the prices I have to applaud them for this. I was in a pub today watching the two games and most of the talk was that of fans having to pay yet again for tuesday. People of this board were very quick to have a go at people who thought it was wrong to charge the full amount but now look, even the mfc board have seen sense and magically members of this board have changed their minds too. Perhaps I need a few hundred more posts to be taken seriously.....

If that is me you are refering to Callum, I never said that it was right to charge full price, I was simply trying to point out that it might not have been their decision to make. I was confident that Rod and the Board would have wanted to do what was right for the fans.

As it turns out, we were all right. My only apology is to Cheltenham Town. I jumped to the conclusion that they must be playing hard ball. I never once thought MFC would fleece its own fans.

Everyone should be happy now. Lets not look for recriminations, lets look forward to a juicy tie on Tuesday and a full North Stand!
Mark S

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:57 pm

This decision has thrown down the gauntlet to the fans to turn out in force and we should show our appreciation by making it a good attendance on the night.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Next

Return to General Discussion