Weather for Tuesday evening.

Weather for Tuesday evening.

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:24 pm

Morecambe :

Temperatures of -1/-3

Light/moderate snow showers.

Lets get this bloody rearranged at Whaddon Rd ASAP!!
Nerso (CTFC)

Re: Weather for Tuesday evening.

Postby slackAlice » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:53 pm

I think we should toss a coin NOW and save a whole lot of grief - we'll have HEADS .
slackAlice

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:57 pm

slackAlice wrote:I think we should toss a coin NOW and save a whole lot of grief - we'll have HEADS .

We wanted HEADS.... :(
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby slackAlice » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:02 pm

Oh you WOULD - go on then we'll have TAILS !
slackAlice

Postby fletch_al » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:06 pm

if the game is called off again will it just go to a second leg away?
fletch_al

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:07 pm

fletch_al wrote:if the game is called off again will it just go to a second leg away?

No
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby fletch_al » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:09 pm

ah. thx for explaining. lol
fletch_al

Postby Phoenix » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:20 pm

I'm fairly sure the 1st game even goes to extra time if it's a draw after 90 minutes.
Phoenix

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:20 pm

Keith wrote:
fletch_al wrote:if the game is called off again will it just go to a second leg away?

No

We haven't got the money to keep travelling (8 hours round trip). Get the game down in the sunny southwest, where our apples are the greatest for cider-making!!....it's the sunshine you see.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby Phoenix » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:21 pm

8 hours? Even my old Citroen Dyane used to do it in 3 hours each way (with an hours cooling time between journeys :lol: )
Phoenix

Postby Jody » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:40 pm

Phoenix wrote:I'm fairly sure the 1st game even goes to extra time if it's a draw after 90 minutes.

Does it? I thought it went to a replay at the other team ie Bournemouth v Blyth, and Peterborough v Tranmere yesterday which are both being replayed next tuesday.
Jody

Postby Phoenix » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:52 pm

11. EXTRA TIME, REPLAYS, POSTPONED AND ABANDONED GAMES (MATCHES PLAYED
PRIOR TO THE SEMI FINALS)
(a) Extra Time in First Matches
If a first match is drawn after 90 minutes, an extra 30 minutes may be played (15 minutes
each way). The agreement for the playing of extra time shall be agreed in writing between
both Clubs and confirmed in writing by the Home Club to The Association on The Match
Arrangement Form which must be received by The Association within seven days of the
date of the draw and notified to the Referee on the Official Team Sheet no later than 45
minutes in the Qualifying Competition and 60 minutes in the Competition Proper prior to
kick-off.

The full rules http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/88E4F ... pRules.PDF also clarify that the full 90 minutes has to be played for a result to stand.
Phoenix

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:38 pm

Phoenix wrote:I'm fairly sure the 1st game even goes to extra time if it's a draw after 90 minutes.

Phoenix wrote:11. EXTRA TIME, REPLAYS, POSTPONED AND ABANDONED GAMES (MATCHES PLAYED
PRIOR TO THE SEMI FINALS)
(a) Extra Time in First Matches
If a first match is drawn after 90 minutes, an extra 30 minutes may be played (15 minutes
each way). The agreement for the playing of extra time shall be agreed in writing between
both Clubs and confirmed in writing by the Home Club to The Association on The Match
Arrangement Form which must be received by The Association within seven days of the
date of the draw and notified to the Referee on the Official Team Sheet no later than 45
minutes in the Qualifying Competition and 60 minutes in the Competition Proper prior to
kick-off.

The full rules http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/88E4F ... pRules.PDF also clarify that the full 90 minutes has to be played for a result to stand.

I read that as 'the clubs could agree to extra time at the first leg if they both want it'. I'd guess that may come in if both clubs were heading for a huge fixture backlog or in the very early rounds where it might cost more to host a replay than the club would raise. In this instance I don't think the Cheltenham are likely to think it a good idea for them? I would expect 90 minutes, then a replay.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:50 pm

it seems quite clear, a draw on Tuesday means a replay at Cheltenham on Tuesday 9th which could go to extra time and penalties. The outcome of this saga should be over by that date, but just a minute...... what happens to the schedule if it is postponed this Tuesday at Crusty?? :?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby small » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:11 pm

i think they give it one more chance and if it is still not playable then it goes to the opponents ground
small

Postby Phoenix » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:16 pm

i think they give it one more chance and if it is still not playable then it goes to the opponents ground

If you'd read the rules, link above, you'd know the answer;

(iii) If the match be drawn or again postponed or abandoned it shall be played as directed
by the Professional Game Board.
Phoenix

Return to General Discussion