Old Boy doing well.

Old Boy doing well.

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:42 am

Mr Joe Lewis did this for us so many times last season.

Well done Joe.

http://www.skysports.com/football/match ... 18,00.html
morecambe mick

Re: Old Boy doing well.

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:47 am

My mate has got a 'handshake bet' on with another deluded "below Barnsley and you don't exist" mate in which Joe Lewis will play for the national team.

I think Barnsley mate will be paying up sooner rather than later.

Joe Lewis is a class act. £400k seemed a lot at the time, bet P'boro are laughing now....and Norwich fans are praying their board had the good sense to put a sell-on clause in the deal that took Lewis to London Road! :lol:
RedRedWine1

Postby kells » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:37 am

My mate has got a 'handshake bet' on with another deluded "below Barnsley and you don't exist" mate in which Joe Lewis will play for the national team.

I think Barnsley mate will be paying up sooner rather than later.

Joe Lewis is a class act. £400k seemed a lot at the time, bet P'boro are laughing now....and Norwich fans are praying their board had the good sense to put a sell-on clause in the deal that took Lewis to London Road! :lol:

It was more than a handshake bet and doesnt involve international caps, and it was made just after luke steele had been barnsley's FA cup hero. I said that Joe Lewis was a good young keeper who would make it to the prem. He said bollocks, he was at morecambe he'll be shit.

So the bet is, if Joe makes 7 premier league appearances before he retires i win £200. I cant remember how we decided on seven, but we did. if not I lose £200 but hopefully Joe will do it sooner rather than later so the money is worth more, or has a very long career in the championship
kells

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:05 am

kells wrote:
So the bet is, if Joe makes 7 premier league appearances before he retires i win £200. I cant remember how we decided on seven, but we did. if not I lose £200 but hopefully Joe will do it sooner rather than later so the money is worth more, or has a very long career in the championship

The trouble is by the time he retires £200 will get you a loaf of bread! :lol:

I can never understand evens betting between friends when bookies give you odds.

You would be better putting it on at the bookies and getting decent odds.

I think you will win your bet though! ;)
Mark S

Postby outsider » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:14 pm

Mark S wrote:
kells wrote:

I can never understand evens betting between friends when bookies give you odds.

my mad manc mate gave me 50/1 that Liverpoop don't finish higher than Manure this season..... he is trying to back out now his wifey has found out i put a tenner on it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , ok it might not happen but its good watching him squirm, and bookies would not give me them odds :lol: :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Return to General Discussion