Should the club clarify the replay prices?

Should the club clarify the replay prices?

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:40 pm

With opinions differing about the admission prices for the replay and even the suggestion that it's bad PR, then to put the record straight for everybody should the club issue a statement about the prices to confirm the ruling..if in fact there is an actual ruling?

For me I feel a simple statement would be appreciated by the majority and would act as confirmation the next time it happens.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Should the club clarify the replay prices?

Postby Shrimpman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:43 pm

yes
seeing as chesterfield are charging £1.00
& we are charging £ 12.00 / £13.00
Shrimpman

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:44 pm

Already asked, they just need to read their emails ...
Phoenix

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:45 pm

Should be the exact same amount as it was today......
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:47 pm

ezz wrote:Should be the exact same amount as it was today......

What for watching a gme that didn't have a result?
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:48 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 63249.html

The FA had settled a row about admission prices. Burnley had wanted to reduce tickets to the £6 minimum allowed under FA Cup rules so as to fill the ground to its 22,500 capacity, but, after their opponents objected, a compromise ruling was made. In the event 11,496, well 11,495, paid just over £100,000. I did buy some lottery tickets in return for my free seat and plate of roast beef of which the former Burnley luminary, butcher Bob Lord, would have been truly proud. The Canvey people and their civic guests felt they had been royally treated by their Lancashire hosts and returned to Essex with 45 per cent of the net receipts to add to the £100,000 earned from live television in the previous round.

Which seems to confirm any reduction in gate price must be agreed upon by both clubs
campdave

Postby matty » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:33 pm

If I were Cheltenham, putting on free coaches for fans and extra expenses for players I'd probably want full return for my money too. Especially when 90% of the money will be paid for by Shrimps.

Don't blame the club or the board on this one, it has to be a decision both clubs agree on.

Or just ignore this post and continue with your ignorant rantings and random finger pointing- much more fun to read!! ;)
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby Number 1 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Christies Child wrote:With opinions differing about the admission prices for the replay and even the suggestion that it's bad PR, then to put the record straight for everybody should the club issue a statement about the prices to confirm the ruling..if in fact there is an actual ruling?

For me I feel a simple statement would be appreciated by the majority and would act as confirmation the next time it happens.

I think a glance at the official website clarifies the prices for Tuesday.

In terms of the other part of your point (whether it needed another thread or not is another matter) I think you more than anyone should know that if it were humanly possible, the club and it's directors would love nothing more than to reward the fans with 1/2 price admission, or even free, in order to get a bigger gate. However, there are many factors to consider, as well as expenses to pay, and to criticise our board of all boards is completely below the belt. Our board do more than most to try and communicate with the fans as much as they can as well as being accessible to them. I can't see many more clubs for who the vast majority of fans have the Chief Exec's mobile number!!

Get a grip CC and stop trying to whip up a frenzy. It's no one's fault that the game was abandoned, and the club can't afford to pay another load of expenses to stage another game. If money was no object, it would be free entry. But seeing as though it is, we have to do our bit and fork out.
Number 1

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:41 pm

I'll defend CC here. (My God that was hard typing that)

He has defended Morecambe's board on this very site this evening. I don't think he is trying to 'whip up a frenzy'. Just making some very pertinent points.

Our board are fantastic, they really are. They're just making a bad decision on the pricing of the re-arrangement of this game. IN MY OPINION.

Hey we all make bad decisions, i did most weekends till i met my wife. :oops: :oops:
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Number 1 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:With opinions differing about the admission prices for the replay and even the suggestion that it's bad PR, then to put the record straight for everybody should the club issue a statement about the prices to confirm the ruling..if in fact there is an actual ruling?

In terms of the other part of your point (whether it needed another thread or not is another matter) I think you more than anyone should know that if it were humanly possible, the club and it's directors would love nothing more than to reward the fans with 1/2 price admission, or even free, in order to get a bigger gate. However, there are many factors to consider, as well as expenses to pay, and to criticise our board of all boards is completely below the belt. Our board do more than most to try and communicate with the fans as much as they can as well as being accessible to them. I can't see many more clubs for who the vast majority of fans have the Chief Exec's mobile number!!

Get a grip CC and stop trying to whip up a frenzy. It's no one's fault that the game was abandoned, and the club can't afford to pay another load of expenses to stage another game. If money was no object, it would be free entry. But seeing as though it is, we have to do our bit and fork out.

Read my post again.

I'm NOT having a pop at the Board. Just asking for the postion to be clarified. It's others who are having a go.

It's not often I take exception to replies to my posts but this time I am. :evil:
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Number 1 wrote:

Read my post again.

All I'm asking is for the position to be clarified. What the f*** is wrong with that? Considering some of the utter crap posted tonight about boycotting and refusing to go because they are being asked to pay to support the team I think my question is perfectly valid.

It's not often that i take exception to replies to my posts but this time I am! :evil:
Christies Child

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:13 pm

I've kept mine and my lads tickets as told to do so the moment I entered the ground by the turnstile attendant who had obviously been told that the game was in serious doubt by someone incharge, after hearing this I wished i'd just done an about turn and followed my instincts that had been telling me all day not to bother but we did make the effort, driving from Heysham and parting with £26 quid in order to receive 90 minutes of football in return.
I know the club have no control over the weather but in these exceptional circumstances you also have to show some goodwill and i'd expect to pay no more than half price on Tuesday when i'll have to make another journey in my car using more fuel.................................yes it all adds up and times are hard plus my lads just been to both Brentford and Bournmouth.

Should the price be full then I can say hand on heart neither of us will be there on principal, so our loss will also be the clubs!
HALMA 1983

Postby Jody » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:37 pm

I didn't want to get involved in this, or slag anyone off...but
Wouldn't the club miss out on just as much money from people not going because of the non-reduced admission prices (£13 a head) as opposed to reducing the admission by a couple of quid to appease people (say £3 a head)
Obviously I don't know all about these things, but just a thought.
Jody

Postby LUGS620 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:44 pm

TO QUASH THIS DEBATE ALTHOUGH I THINK IT IS A FAIR ONE I COMPLAINED TO RADIO FIVE LIVE ABOUT THE EVENTS OF TODAY (I WAS THE ONE THAT BROUGHT THE POINT OUT ON IT) IFANYONE MISSED IT MORECAMBE FC REPLIED TO FIVE LIVE WITH AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT SAYING THE TWO CLUBS WERE IN AGGREEMENT AND THATDUE TO 65MINS BEING PLAYED THEN THE CLUB IS WELL WITHIN THE LAWS OF THE GAME TO ASK FULL PRICE AT THE NEXT GAME IF HOWEVER THE GAME HAD FINISHED BEFORE HALF TIME THEN A REDUCTION WOULD NEED TO BE GIVEN. I STILL HOWEVER THINK THAT THIS STINKS A WHOLE LOT AND THE CLUB SHOULD BE TRYING TO GET PEOPLE THROUGH THE GATES AND NOT VICTIMISING THOSE THAT PAY GOOD MONEY TO SEE THEM EVERY WEEK. I FOR ONE WILL BE BOYCOTTING THE GAME AS I THINK ALL SHOULD DO TO SHOW THAT FANS ARE NOT TO BE HELD TOO RANSOM FOR THERE MONEY AT SUCH A BAD TIME FOR CLUB AND FINANCES!!!!!!. :evil:
LUGS620

Postby BHmfc » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:54 pm

Jody wrote:I didn't want to get involved in this, or slag anyone off...but
Wouldn't the club miss out on just as much money from people not going because of the non-reduced admission prices (£13 a head) as opposed to reducing the admission by a couple of quid to appease people (say £3 a head)
Obviously I don't know all about these things, but just a thought.

At last a voice of reason, i totally agree with Jody. The club have shot themselves in the foot by going ahead with full prices and have missed out on a positive PR exercise. Nobody was asking for free admission, but with a reduced admission, stating reasons like credit crunch, close to Christmas, we appreciate our fans support, etc, etc, our club would have been viewed in a positive way, however all the people i've spoke to tonight are disgusted with the club's stance and will not be going on Tuesday.
BHmfc

Postby sgt major » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:55 pm

All this talk of boycots reminds me of Chester City - dont stoop so low folks!
sgt major

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:02 pm

sgt major wrote:All this talk of boycots reminds me of Chester City - dont stoop so low folks!

Mick
You don't charge somebody for a pint when the glass is only 3/4's full and then pour it down the sink and ask them to pay for it again do you?
The club have made a grave error doing this and at a time when monies tight, i'll do it another way now and tell the Goldbond guy on Tuesday to do one for 3 months in order to redress the balance
HALMA 1983

Postby Splodge » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:16 pm

At the same time, if I had a pint I drank most of, then left it, then returned on a different night to the same pub, I'd expect to pay for it. :lol:
Splodge

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:23 pm

but you would have left it through choice so you should pay for the next one not because Mick had thrown it away.

Like it is your choice to leave a game early but different when it is called off and there is no result.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Duffman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:27 pm

I have to say this is a complete and utter joke. Living away at uni I can't afford to get to as many games as i can but still go to a fair amount. I've been looking forward to this as soon as the draw came out, I love the FA cup and like many fans and that extra buzz going to the game today. Whether the game should have been abandoned is one debate but for the club to charge the same again they can forget it.

I know this message board is renowned for not being able to criticise the board but like Shrimpman said, Chesterfield are charging £1 for what is a bonus game in terms of revenue. If the club charged £1 and got a decent crowd in which could spur on the team on to the next round surely it would be worth it.

I'm really disappointed with the club, I will not be going on tuesday and I'm not travelling back and paying again.
Duffman

Postby wijit » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:29 am

This is not the first time this has happened, and it won't be the last.
We have to face the fact that along with many other clubs we are run as a buisness. Therefore, money comes before fans.
Disagree/agree, I couldn't care less, but it is a fact. get over it. If you don't like the prices don't go, but whingeing here is utterly pointless.
wijit

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:31 am

Callum wrote:I have to say this is a complete and utter joke. Living away at uni I can't afford to get to as many games as i can but still go to a fair amount. I've been looking forward to this as soon as the draw came out, I love the FA cup and like many fans and that extra buzz going to the game today. Whether the game should have been abandoned is one debate but for the club to charge the same again they can forget it.

I know this message board is renowned for not being able to criticise the board but like Shrimpman said, Chesterfield are charging £1 for what is a bonus game in terms of revenue. If the club charged £1 and got a decent crowd in which could spur on the team on to the next round surely it would be worth it.

I'm really disappointed with the club, I will not be going on tuesday and I'm not travelling back and paying again.

Boohoo go watch Chesterfield then
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:37 am

Nice to see the sympathy for poor folks, Ezz.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:42 am

Splodge wrote:At the same time, if I had a pint I drank most of, then left it, then returned on a different night to the same pub, I'd expect to pay for it. :lol:

OK here's another take on it then, i'd be prepared to use up my time and fuel to come down to christie on Tuesday night and 'get behind the lads' if they restart the game from where it was ended in the first place.
30 MINUTES after which i'd of had what i'd already paid for thus ending the need for this stupid debate and heeling the foot the clubs shot itself in
HALMA 1983

Postby Duffman » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:10 pm

ezz wrote:
Callum wrote:I have to say this is a complete and utter joke. Living away at uni I can't afford to get to as many games as i can but still go to a fair amount. I've been looking forward to this as soon as the draw came out, I love the FA cup and like many fans and that extra buzz going to the game today. Whether the game should have been abandoned is one debate but for the club to charge the same again they can forget it.

Boohoo go watch Chesterfield then

Wow what a terrifically constructed post. I suppose that with your finances you go to every game home and away then?
Duffman

Next

Return to General Discussion