O/T Is Hamilton going to bottle it?

O/T Is Hamilton going to bottle it?

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:15 pm

Sudden down pour just before the race started delaying it, this can only increase the pressure on him. If i had to bet i'd say he is more likely to do something irrational and crash rather than Massa win it and Hamilton come 6th. Seem to have been the trend of the F1 season so far so i expect some drama.
Am i right in saying Massa has to come first and Hamilton has to finish lower than 5th to win the title?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: Is Hamilton going to bottle it?

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:19 pm

Think rain would play into his hands to be honest - he's had some great performances in the wet
campdave

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:21 pm

True but parts of the track are extremely wet and parts are bone dry, with his all or nothing attitude it might throw him off and end his race! Hope im wrong
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:30 pm

who really cares - this is a football discussion board.....
Howe Magic

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:36 pm

There are threads on everything in this forum not just morecambe Fc so if you dont care dont comment you moron. Also are you not the same person who started the Brand and Ross thread?? Is that to do with football?
Last edited by ezz on Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: O/T Is Hamilton going to bottle it?

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:43 pm

Hamilton down to 6th after leaving it too late to pit according to commentary. :o
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:46 pm

thanks for the insult - what i expect from certain people on here....well back to football matters
Howe Magic

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:48 pm

Howe Magic wrote:thanks for the insult - what i expect from certain people on here....well back to football matters

Yeh no worries il see you in your Brand and Ross thread
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Phoenix » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:50 pm

Really annoying isn't it when people start non-football discussions, isn't it :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1450&p=15054#p15054
Phoenix

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm

That was the point i was trying to put across which kind of angered me when he said this was a football forum....
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:10 pm

Howe Magic wrote:who really cares - this is a football discussion board.....

With respect, it was clearly stated as an "OT" thread. So you've made yourself look a bit silly by then clicking onto it and replying. Well done!
campdave

Postby outsider » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:12 pm

Will Glock be in a Mclaren next season ?????????
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:17 pm

Have it Hamilton is bringing the Formula 1 trophy back home where it belongs!!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Did you see Massa's dads face that was a picture.

Luck evens its self out and its about time he got some after some of the things that have gone against him this season.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:56 pm

I am not an avid F1 fan but i watched that today full of hope for the guy.

That last two laps had everything from hope to despair to elation. I was leaping round the living room like an idiot. :D

Respect to Massa for his dignity in the Press Conference.
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:25 pm

Mark S wrote:I am not an avid F1 fan but i watched that today full of hope for the guy.

That last two laps had everything from hope to despair to elation. I was leaping round the living room like an idiot. :D
Respect to Massa for his dignity in the Press Conference.

I was doing my leaping at the Manchster Velodrome this afternoon. Watching a selection of our Olympic cyclists in an International Track Event. Superb entertainment.

This has really been some weekend for me!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:36 pm

we were sat in a bar on the beach surrounded by American Rugbyfootballthingie fans, who wanted all the games on different screens. We'd made it clear we wanted the F1, so it was left on one TV but with no sound. We had no idea what had happened, seeing Hamilton in P6 and Ferrari celebrating, then suddenly Hamilton celebrating and the 'Champion' caption came up. Took until we arrived back here this evening to work out what happened! Brilliant stuff and he appears to be a really nice guy too.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:04 am

Was crazy i only got to watch the first 20 odd laps in the end, football training ended up clashing times so i had no idea till i got back and my mate told me what happened. Typical drama type of thing thats happens when everything is up for grabs. Good entertainment and publicity for F1
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:22 am

as exciting as today's race was, if you like motor sport, you should try watching the motorbikes. The penultimate round of the Motor GP, Casey Stoner & Valentino Rosi were first and second in the race & championship. They were literally banging in to each other as the lead changed, then changed again... at about 160mph! Balls of steel!

Eventually the inevitable happened and Stoner went down. Although Rossi won, Stoner re-mounted and still finished in second. Amazing racing!

For real big bollocks though, look no further than the guys and gals who ride on 'real roads', either on two wheels or three! Ask MarkS how crazy and brave THEY are (and how broken a bike can look after it has hit a dry stone wall).

The spectators are closer to speeding sidecars than they are allowed to be at a football match!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby 4G63 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:38 am

I felt a little bit sorry for Massa, he's a nice guy! Had it been Raikonnen, I would be taking the P*** so much :lol:

Great drive by Hamilton, especially after he was struggling all weekend. There will be a few comments made about Timo Glock (like the one above somewhere..) but Glock was on slicks, and his tyres went off on the last lap. Had he been on Inters, Massa would now be champion.
4G63

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:27 am

4G63 wrote:I felt a little bit sorry for Massa, he's a nice guy! Had it been Raikonnen, I would be taking the P*** so much :lol:

Great drive by Hamilton, especially after he was struggling all weekend. There will be a few comments made about Timo Glock (like the one above somewhere..) but Glock was on slicks, and his tyres went off on the last lap. Had he been on Inters, Massa would now be champion.

He would have had to have pitted to be on inters and therefore would have not be in front of Hamilton in the first place. Thats how the drama in the last lap came about, Glock decided not to pit when all the front runners did. so your comment about Massa would have been champ if Glock was on inters isn't accurate.

Well done Hammy! A more than Worthy world champion.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Richard Head » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:03 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:Have it Hamilton is bringing the Formula 1 trophy back home where it belongs!!!!

He wont be bringing it back to Britain unless he has to stop over at Heathrow on his way to his home in Switzerland. He doesnt live there for tax reasons of course but to get away from media scrutiny
Richard Head

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:10 pm

but how many of the drivers live in the country they are from?

I can't think of any Coulthard lives in Monaco even though his teams factory is in Milton Keynes.
I know Alonso lives in Oxfordshire as he moved over here to get away from the media in Spain strange how he picked England though due to the tax.

The thing is a F1 driver only spends about 60 days a year if that at home so he doesn't really live there, it's just a postal adress for the taxman. Coulthard says he lives in Monaca as it is central for the european races yeah right.

So they all do it not just Hamilton.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby DTSJim » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:37 pm

Speaking of David Coulthard, I was gutted for him when I saw him spun out on the first corner, it's typical of his season and it's sad that he didn't get to go out in style.

Did anyone see that hilarious montage to that my chemical romance song in the build up, it was great.

Terrific race and a great season, can't wait for the next one.
DTSJim

Postby 4G63 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:01 am

North Stand Shrimp wrote:
4G63 wrote:I felt a little bit sorry for Massa, he's a nice guy! Had it been Raikonnen, I would be taking the P*** so much :lol:

He would have had to have pitted to be on inters and therefore would have not be in front of Hamilton in the first place. Thats how the drama in the last lap came about, Glock decided not to pit when all the front runners did. so your comment about Massa would have been champ if Glock was on inters isn't accurate.

Well done Hammy! A more than Worthy world champion.

Yeah you got me there, i still had my Hamilton-tinted glasses on :lol:
4G63

Return to General Discussion