Congratulations North Stand

Congratulations North Stand

Postby sgt major » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:36 am

Had to watch from the paddock against Stanley as I brought two guests along from bonny Scotland and they wanted a decent pint at half time - unlkike the shite plastic glass crap served behind the North Stand.

I thought the lads on the North Stand played their part tonight with good noise throughout and got us in the paddock bouncing too (to keep the circulation going) ;)

I will be back amongst you on Saturday when we need the same noise and banter - make no bones about it, Aldershot will not roll over and die.

Tonight I hope I did my bit from the paddock by slating the ref at every opportunity when he was (as usual) wrong. Others around me were very quiet - we need the whole crowd to get behind the team and slate the officials who basically are inept in most cases

I also was one of the few down the side who knew who the players were - come on everybody, cheer on the lads by their names and keep their heads up - when you are down you need the support - let's get it going :)

Now going to shut the pub ;)
sgt major

Re: Congratulations North Stand

Postby maccawozzagod » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:33 am

thanks for the hospitality last night Sgt Major, as always there was a good crack in the York pre-match - its always good to have a sing-song in the pub!

also a big thanks to our hosts at Al's bar and the scaffoldy pub next door (Vitoli?) for putting up with us all day. I'd also like to thank the nutter from Halifax for trying to take on a bar full of (well behaved) football fans on his own. Have a word with yourself sonny - made my day though!

As for the game itself - can't really remember!
maccawozzagod

Postby super-red » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:49 pm

Due to my football commitments I am unable to attend many games this year but I was training at Lancaster and Morecambe college last night from 18.30 - 20.40 - I will agree with this post as I could clearly hear the chants while training.

It must have been a good atmosphere as there seemed to be no let up in the continuation of songs.

Pity the results are not going our way but surely, from reading the posts on here, it is only a matter of time before we string some results together.
super-red

Postby Mark S » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:47 pm

The North Stand were superb again last night. Best yet I think!

Maybe you should stay in The Paddock Mick? The North Stand can clearly manage (better? :o ) without you, and you could begin to educate the 'Pie shop hangers' down by the Paddock? :D

Interesting what you say about 'slating The Ref at any opportunity' and an interesting debate as to the effect. If I was a Ref and I was getting a hard time from someone at 'any opportunity' It would not make me give that fans team any slack or benefit of the doubt. Quite the opposite actually.
Mark S

Postby marky » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:26 pm

I have to admit, slating a match official at any given opportunity is no better than slating a player at any given opportunity. Also, all the people I know in't paddock (certainly at my end by't dugout) know the players' names...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby World Cup Willie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:16 pm

I still think there are far too many negative songs, about who we hate, and what a bunch of self-manipulators the opposition are, rather than getting behind our team, singing positive songs about us and how good we are.
World Cup Willie

Postby The Red Knight » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:32 pm

World Cup Willie wrote:I still think there are far too many negative songs, about who we hate, and what a bunch of self-manipulators the opposition are, rather than getting behind our team, singing positive songs about us and how good we are.

Zzzzzzzzz, who cares? It's all about making noise.

If you don't like the songs that are sung then why don't you start some yourself that you do like?
The Red Knight

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:17 pm

The Red Knight wrote:
World Cup Willie wrote:I still think there are far too many negative songs, about who we hate, and what a bunch of self-manipulators the opposition are, rather than getting behind our team, singing positive songs about us and how good we are.

If you don't like the songs that are sung then why don't you start some yourself that you do like?

I agree with World Cup Willie, hence no drum during those chants.

The worst offender is Bare Ben for starting those songs.

The idea is not to just make some noise, or if it is then we can all sing nursery rhymes - at least more people will know those words, eh?

It's about making noise supporting your team not debasing ourselves with questionable "songs".

In my opinion at least. For what that counts.
morecambe mick

Postby sgt major » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:08 pm

Halsey was a joke for a Premiership ref last night - how on earth he thought Wayne had fouled the Accy player is beyond me. He also let loads of John Colemans cheating tactics by his players go unpunished.

Sometimes an intimidating atmosphere for the away team and the officials can help.
sgt major

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:15 pm

I'm with Red Knight on this, we don't even sing songs about who we hate because we don't really hate anyone do we? :? The "We hate Stanley..." chant is more a comedy chant i think hence the "We love Stanley..." chant following Craigs goal.

Mick, I admit I do start the odd "referees a w*nker", but only when he sincerely deserves it (not because he gives them a goal kick instead of a corner :roll: ). I also only ever start the "less courteous" chants once, if at all. (I'm not saying that makes it any better but it is a lot less tedious if they're only sung once). You know I am not surrounded by angels and to single me out is totally unfair.
Bare Ben

Postby Mark S » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:15 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
The Red Knight wrote:

The idea is not to just make some noise, or if it is then we can all sing nursery rhymes - at least more people will know those words, eh?

It's about making noise supporting your team not debasing ourselves with questionable "songs".

Absolutely spot on! You are definitely not alone with that opinion.
Mark S

Postby Sammy h » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:48 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
The Red Knight wrote:

Didn't expect that off you Mick, i thought the only one last night was obviously aimed at the ref after the Wayne and then obviously the "we hate stanley" which is all in good spirit?
Sammy h

Postby Why no t » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:08 pm

If we don't hate Stanley, then why sing it? :roll: :?
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:17 pm

Why no t wrote:If we don't hate Stanley, then why sing it? :roll: :?

Bare Ben

Postby -Hatrick- » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:41 pm

A little thing called rivalry!
-Hatrick-

Postby Why no t » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:59 pm

Bare Ben wrote:

:roll:

It's like one or two other songs that are sung on the North Stand, pointless and make us sound brainless and stupid.

You can have fun singing songs that are positive aswell you know. Even if it doesn't have the same kudos.
Why no t

Postby -Hatrick- » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:00 pm

But cheers for the appreciation Sgt Major :)
-Hatrick-

Postby Why no t » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:07 pm

-Hatrick- wrote:A little thing called rivalry you tart!

Sing songs that are inappropriate. Oh it's alright, it's rivalry. :lol:
Why no t

Postby mfc:) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:09 pm

Nothing wrong with a bit of banter and a rivalry we have to have a rivalry with someone atleast since lancaster city dont reach our standards and does it really matter it does not harm any one really in any way?!
Last edited by mfc:) on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfc:)

Postby ezz » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:14 pm

Personally i dont care what is sung as long as we make some noise, yeh when your not actually in the middle of those who sing the in-appropiate chants it does sound stupid but at the time i guess it doesnt matter. Singing in-appropiate songs and chants is part of footballs history and culture so get used to it, its not going to change unless they ban ones freedom to sing whatever they want!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:17 pm

Why no t wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:

:roll:

It's like one or two other songs that are sung on the North Stand, pointless and make us sound brainless and stupid.

You can have fun singing songs that are positive aswell you know. Even if it doesn't have the same kudos.

OH MY DAYS WE DO HAVE FUN SINGING POSITIVE SONGS!! This arguement comes round every so often and that is what is pointless and stupid. We are all there to enjoy ourselves and if you don't like the fact that the h orth stand points out that the keeper has a large backside, takes the piss out of the other team within reason (as they will do us), and that the referee enjoys time alone, then don't stand there, simple as that! Ask Tony Roberts if we should stop. Miserable tw*t.
Bare Ben

Postby Harry » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:21 pm

morecambe mick wrote:The idea is not to just make some noise, or if it is then we can all sing nursery rhymes - at least more people will know those words, eh?

"The wheels on their house go round and round"
Harry

Postby Why no t » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:25 pm

ezz wrote:Personally i dont care what is sung as long as we make some noise, yeh when your not actually in the middle of those who sing the in-appropiate chants it does sound stupid but at the time i guess it doesnt matter. Singing in-appropiate songs and chants is part of footballs history and culture so get used to it, its not going to change unless they ban ones freedom to sing whatever they want!

If you don't care what is sung, why don't you make some noise singing ABBA songs. :lol:
Why no t

Postby Why no t » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:29 pm

Bare Ben wrote:OH MY DAYS WE DO HAVE FUN SINGING POSITIVE SONGS!! This arguement comes round every so often and that is what is pointless and stupid. We are all there to enjoy ourselves and if you don't like the fact that the h orth stand points out that the keeper has a large backside, takes the piss out of the other team within reason (as they will do us), and that the referee enjoys time alone, then don't stand there, simple as that! Ask Tony Roberts if we should stop. Miserable tw*t.

I wouldn't expect anything less Ben. ;)
Why no t

Postby Sammy h » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Why no t wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:OH MY DAYS WE DO HAVE FUN SINGING POSITIVE SONGS!! This arguement comes round every so often and that is what is pointless and stupid. We are all there to enjoy ourselves and if you don't like the fact that the h orth stand points out that the keeper has a large backside, takes the piss out of the other team within reason (as they will do us), and that the referee enjoys time alone, then don't stand there, simple as that! Ask Tony Roberts if we should stop. Miserable tw*t.

I wouldn't expect anything less Ben. ;)

I think you have just layed down and died?
Sammy h

Next

Return to General Discussion