Run the London Marathon?

Run the London Marathon?

Postby Keith » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:52 am

Do any of you healthy people who do running and stuff fancy doing the London Marathon next year? The charity I work for, Leonard Cheshire Disability are planning ahead and starting to recruit runners. If anyone is up for it, please e-mail events@LCDisability.org and leave a message here so I can bow down to your worthyness, as someone who struggles to run to the chippy!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Run the London Marathon?

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:37 pm

I'm currently applying for a golden bond place through another charity as I didn't get a place through the normal ballott. Do you have secured places or are you after runners with a place already Keith?
Also most charities have a minimum ammount you have to raise for the gold bond entry to cover their entry fees, some as high as £2500, which I don't think I could do although if the club wouldn't mind I'd be gratefull if I could do a collection on a matchday.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:18 pm

They are secured places and support for runners is offered, including a 'pasta dinner'.

Off the top of my head, the minimum sponsorship is £1,600 but I wouldn't swear to that. I'm off on holiday today so dropping the organising person an e-mail will be the easiest way to get accurate info. The advert has only been circulated to service managers this week, so acting quickly should definitely secure one of the places.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Just received a phone call to confirm that I have a secured place with Leonard Cheshire! :D
Hopefully going to be able to do some fund raising at christie on a match day closer to the time, so I hope to see you all digging deep into your pockets when I come round shaking me bucket! :lol:
North Stand Shrimp

Return to General Discussion