A mini League Division 2

A mini League Division 2

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:04 pm

I didn't think we'd be looking over our shoulder before the end of October, but as we are...

If the same rate of picking up points is continued for the rest of the season, the bottom six will look like this;

Barnet__________ 39 points
Chester_________ 35 points
Morecambe_____ 31 points
Bournemouth___ 29 points
Luton__________ 27 points
Grimsby________ 21 points

Bearing in mind, both Luton & Bournemouth will have a substantially better goal difference to any of the other teams in the relegation battle, we need to remain ahead on points. After nearly a third of the season gone, our head start to keep us in Division 2 may result in us being four points away from relegation. Last game of the season, at home to Bournemouth could be a decider as to who plays Blue Square football next season.

By the end of November we will have played;

Accrington (struggling for form, 2 wins, 1 draw, 7 defeats in last ten league matches)
Aldershot (started well but struggling now, with 4 defeats & 2 draws in last six games)
Chester (lost 4, drawn 3 in last seven league games. Not won since they beat Grimsby)
Exeter (the only decent team we're coming up against next month, 5 wins & 2 draws in last seven)
B'mouth (3 wins & 3 defeats in last six league games)

If we begin to beat fellow strugglers (like Port Vale were) then we can breath a little easier.
If we can double our point tally over the next five games, then we can breath a little easier.

Anything less than seven points from those matches will be a complete and utter disaster.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: A mini League Division 2

Postby chipbuns » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:02 pm

B'mouth (3 wins & 3 defeats in last six league games)

i went to watch Bournemouth today whilst i'm here for the weekend and based on today's performance, i think we can gain points here. They were playing Lincoln who totally bossed the game and deserved their win. Bournemouth rely on Anderton to create most opportunites but he was marked out of the game meaning lack of creativity from anywhere else. He is also slow and very easy to pick up. Their formation was similar to Morecambe's in preseason with 3 centre midfielders and one winger meaning lots of space for Lincolns full backs to work in and this is where the goal came from. Their attackers were just as bad as Derby in the prem last season, total useless and they look really easy to pick up without being much of a threat. Their defence just play it long hoping the target man will win it , which never happened. Jalal also started and his still his dodgey self, he should have stopped the goal from my view. His kicking however,has slightly improved but it still went out of play a fair bit.
chipbuns

Return to General Discussion