F.A Cup Draw

F.A Cup Draw

Postby steve mfc » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:03 pm

The draw for the first round of the F.A cup is this Sunday at 1pm on ITV.

At the moment i think a home draw to a team as far down the football pyramid as possible is probably the best option, getting into the next round is more important than a juicy away tie, a good cup run would be great for the club both in terms of finance and confidence.
steve mfc

Re: F.A Cup Draw

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:45 am

I would not say no to Morecambe VS Leeds.....Would be sold out!!!! Although I love my town I have also been a fan of leeds 12 years....
thegentlegiant

Postby Howe Magic » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:10 am

Any home draw would be good but if that does not happen then a local derby at Fleetwood could be interesting.....
Howe Magic

Postby durianmuncher » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:49 am

Any draw would be fine just as long as it's not Grimbsby away. I'd like to see us against some team like Durham City through, if they manage to beat Histon.
durianmuncher

Postby campdave » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:25 am

An away draw at a lowly team might see us on telly, which would be a welcome cash boost
campdave

Postby Mark S » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:50 am

campdave wrote:An away draw at a lowly team might see us on telly, which would be a welcome cash boost

Would we get any cash for that Dave? I know gates are split, but not sure about TV rights.

Leeds or Leicester at home if we are talikng about a cash cow, or the lowest placed pyramid team at home if we want to progress and try to get to the 3rd round and Liverpool away 8-)
Mark S

Postby campdave » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:03 am

Mark S wrote:
campdave wrote:An away draw at a lowly team might see us on telly, which would be a welcome cash boost

Would we get any cash for that Dave? I know gates are split, but not sure about TV rights.

Fairly certain the TV cash is split (home team get the biggest portion), but I could be wrong
campdave

Postby Freez » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:06 am

I always loved being the non-league team in the first round, trying to put one over on the full timers.
Thing is. more often than not we played superbly and didn't get the result we deserved, think Brentford?
So now the shoe is on the other foot, should we draw a non league side, will we play badly and win?
Or will we do a Chesterfield?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Weetabix Kid » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:19 am

no doubt were get a crappy L1 away trip, 5yrs ago that would be great, but its getting boring now :lol:

non league away please
Weetabix Kid

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:35 am

What's the date for the 1st round?
Wild Bill

Postby steve mfc » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:08 pm

Wild Bill wrote:What's the date for the 1st round?

8th November
steve mfc

Postby badger » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:56 pm

I would like leeds,leicester or carlisle at home. it would make for a great atmosphere,and we could really get the north stand rocking.
the problem with having a small team away is that they always play above themselves,and there is always a chance for an upset.
badger

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:14 pm

Home to Leeds or Leicester to be live on TV. Definately not a non-league club. With our form would you fancy an away trip to Stevenage for example? All of a sudden, we could be facing a 'giant killing' with us as the "giant".

That said, a game v Oxford who are genuinely a 'big' club would be interesting.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:41 pm

As been said i just want any home draw for a start then we can worry who we get, no doubt we'll get yeovil or northampton instead of cambridge city etc. But id rather have one of the extremes like Leeds at home or the worst ranked team possible....at home!! Just give us a home draw please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:57 pm

With our current home form being less than impressive, let's have an away tie, but hang on,
away to a non-league side would mean an almost certain cup upset with MFC being upset!
away to another league 2 club would feel like a league game and away to a league 1 club would be another "played quite well, just lost 1-0" kind of game.
I know what we should do - DON'T ENTER THE F.A.CUP AT ALL!!!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby outsider » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:42 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:With our current home form being less than impressive, let's have an away tie, but hang on,
away to a non-league side would mean an almost certain cup upset with MFC being upset!
away to another league 2 club would feel like a league game and away to a league 1 club would be another "played quite well, just lost 1-0" kind of game.
I know what we should do - DON'T ENTER THE F.A.CUP AT ALL!!!

i am sorry but we are MFC not MUFC :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Sammy h » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:34 pm

Speaking of Leeds ;)
Sammy h

Postby valiant » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:14 am

I would say beware of a certain none league side that goes by the name of Chasetown but thankfully they havent made it too the first round proper and got knocked out last week :mrgreen:
I say bring on anybody, anything is possible in a one of cup tie :lol:
valiant

Postby Aspers » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:33 am

I just desperately want us to be on TV.
Live coverage of selected matches here.
Aspers

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:07 am

Aspers wrote:I just desperately want us to be on TV.
Live coverage of selected matches here.

Valiant is a Port Vale fan, who may not fully appreciate your desire for live matches.

Mr Valiant, please meet Aspers.

Aspers was extradited to the penal colony many years ago for refusing to climb up chimneys in posh people's houses. Since then he's earned a crust as a wandering minstrel. He knows a great many 'B list' celebs, some of whom were even extras on Neighbours! He's still serving a life time ban from Morecambe matches after seriously jinxing us in the past so badly that even Port Vale could beat us if he was in the crowd. Indeed, if you win this afternoon he will have to attend his local police station to prove his whereabouts. Apparently Conference matches are shown on Aussie TV so he's the only Morecambe fan* hoping we will get relegated this season, [the bastard!]

It's actually worth your while keeping an eye on this message board even after today's game has gone, just to witness his next drunken ramble, which will, like the others, be priceless.

*Okay, Aspers & Ned.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby valiant » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:30 am

Keith wrote:
Aspers wrote: He's still serving a life time ban from Morecambe matches after seriously jinxing us in the past so badly that even Port Vale could beat us if he was in the crowd.

I hope he`s attending today then, he will be made very welcome and we may even buy him a pint after the match depending on the result ;) :lol:
valiant

Return to General Discussion