If we are going to stay up we need to keep clean sheets!

If we are going to stay up we need to keep clean sheets!

Postby Bryan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:15 am

Only missed one game this season (Brentford) so i've seen most of what has gone on. It seems to me we've got to start from scratch again. The whole thing needs a huge kick up the arse including the management. 88 years to get where we are now so lets not give it all away with silly defending at one end and missed sitters at t'other.

First of all lets have a call to arms and stop fannying about. First priority in any game at the moment should be to keep a clean sheet. Yes it's bloody boring. But until we start doing that results will keep on tumbling away. It's no good scoring early at Brentford then seeing the opposition instantly reply with two of their own. Some will say it's better to win one occasionally by taking risks but we ain't winning anything at the mo!

I want to see attacking, entertaining footie like everybody else. But the current situation means we have to become hard to beat again. Then build on up from that. This is not the time for kamikaze football. Once we've learned to defend again we can then think about being more adventerous.

Problem? No pace in the side. Yep we all know that. Sollution? Lets work harder when we've not got the ball. Obvious? - too bloody right it is. So why aren't we doing it? We've got to protect the flanks (Wainwright is useless at the moment and i'd rather see Hunter out there when he is fit again). Others have talked about set pieces (remember Chester at home last season). So lets make sure they are pefect everytime as they are a scoring option for us.

Give Yates a run in the team. Consider Danny Adams. Parish did ok at left back. We got some results at least. Protect the centre halves: too much space in front of the back four on the counter attack.

Seriously, Sammy should only be picking players that are there for the cause. That want to wear the red shirt. Anyone else is surpless to requirements. End of... People wonder why Coleman keeeps Accy going but it is because he inspires passion and belief in his players. Time we did the same as there might have to be some changes.

First rant of the season but still enjoying League 2. Thing is i want to do the same next season so lets all think on and stop pissing about! Clean sheet at the Vale please!!!
Bryan

Return to General Discussion