Tactically Naive and poor team selection

Tactically Naive and poor team selection

Postby Sabes » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:16 pm

I honestly believe that Sammy's tactics and poor team selection is behind our diabolical form this season.

once again he has changed a team that played well, as he did for the gillingham game (when previously we had been 6 games unbeaten)

if adams isn't fit enough to play two games a week he shouldn't be in the team (and he played quite well on saturday) and if it was a enforced change why mess with a central defensive partnership of mcstay and bentley that looked solid and bring artell back in when parrish could easily played at left back.

secondly o'carroll for taylor is the manager clueless.... what did taylor do wrong saturday not to merit a place in the starting line up and more to the point what did o'carroll do right.

thirdly making two subs when we are losing with 9 minutes left ... he does this a lot.... pointless and shows desperation not tactical awareness.

poor signings poor tactics whether he is short on players or not a managers jobs is to make the best of what he has... at the moment he is a long way from doing this.

rant over for now!!
Sabes

Re: Tactically Naive and poor team selection

Postby marky » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:21 pm

Two things. Artell wasn't even in the squad and Taylor did start.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Sabes » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:38 pm

if thats the case marky.... i must recind my comments about team selection.... that will teach me to go off the one team selection i saw before the game (egg firmly on face)

:oops:
Sabes

Postby Phoenix » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:49 pm

It definitely is the case. From the team sheet, Taylor started and Artell isn't listed.
Phoenix

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:43 am

Sabes wrote:I honestly believe that Sammy's tactics and poor team selection is behind our diabolical form this season.

once again he has changed a team that played well, as he did for the gillingham game (when previously we had been 6 games unbeaten)

if adams isn't fit enough to play two games a week he shouldn't be in the team (and he played quite well on saturday) and if it was a enforced change why mess with a central defensive partnership of mcstay and bentley that looked solid and bring artell back in when parrish could easily played at left back.

secondly o'carroll for taylor is the manager clueless.... what did taylor do wrong saturday not to merit a place in the starting line up and more to the point what did o'carroll do right.

thirdly making two subs when we are losing with 9 minutes left ... he does this a lot.... pointless and shows desperation not tactical awareness.

poor signings poor tactics whether he is short on players or not a managers jobs is to make the best of what he has... at the moment he is a long way from doing this.

rant over for now!!

Thats complete nonsense you obviously werent even there. As Marky says Aaron Taylor and Henry both started, meanwhile Dave Artell was having swimming lessons across the Thames :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion