Morecambe v Rochdale

Morecambe v Rochdale

Postby RochdaleFan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Hi all, Rochdale fan in peace here.

I'm looking forward to going to the game tomorrow as last year's game was one of the more enjoyable away games (despite us being disallowed what was a clear goal ;) )

Just one question though, I couldn't find a pub near Christie Park last year, so could anybody point me in the direction of any pub that is within walking distance of the stadium? Preferably one that is well-known for housing away fans, if there is one.

Thanks in advance.
RochdaleFan

Re: Morecambe v Rochdale

Postby sgt major » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:08 pm

Just PM'd you.

Try us at the York, a lot of yuor fans were in here last year and there were no problems.

We are about 7 - 10 mins walk from the ground.

Check out our website for info - www.yorkhotelmorecambe.co.uk
sgt major

Postby Smirnoff Please » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:14 pm

There are a couple of choices. The York is a well known hostalry who welcome home and away fans alike. If you are parking in the car park next to the ground, you then walk past the ground for about 5 minutes and you can't miss it. If you have a designated driver just carry on past the ground and you will be there in 1 minute. The other choice is better known as a eating pub with an all day carvery. It is on the left of the main roundabout before the entrance to the road that leads to the Ground.
Why drink singles when you can order a double.......
Smirnoff Please

Postby RochdaleFan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:22 pm

Smirnoff Please wrote:There are a couple of choices. The York is a well known hostalry who welcome home and away fans alike. If you are parking in the car park next to the ground, you then walk past the ground for about 5 minutes and you can't miss it. If you have a designated driver just carry on past the ground and you will be there in 1 minute. The other choice is better known as a eating pub with an all day carvery. It is on the left of the main roundabout before the entrance to the road that leads to the Ground.

So it's basically right down the road? How on earth did I miss that last year? :oops:

Thanks for that.

Just checked the link to the website of the York, looks a good place. Will hopefully be in there for around 12.30 - I'll be the guy with 'Iain 9' on the back of my Dale shirt so come buy me a pint :)
RochdaleFan

Postby ezz » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:37 pm

RochdaleFan wrote:
Smirnoff Please wrote:There are a couple of choices. The York is a well known hostalry who welcome home and away fans alike. If you are parking in the car park next to the ground, you then walk past the ground for about 5 minutes and you can't miss it. If you have a designated driver just carry on past the ground and you will be there in 1 minute. The other choice is better known as a eating pub with an all day carvery. It is on the left of the main roundabout before the entrance to the road that leads to the Ground.

So it's basically right down the road? How on earth did I miss that last year? :oops:

Thanks for that.

Just checked the link to the website of the York, looks a good place. Will hopefully be in there for around 12.30 - I'll be the guy with 'Iain 9' on the back of my Dale shirt so come buy me a pint :)

We'll be the ones in the morecambe shirts come buy us a pint :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby RochdaleFan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:44 pm

Come up to me and say that Keith Hill is a god and you may be in luck ;)

First come first served though, I'm not made of money.
RochdaleFan

Postby mazatec » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:32 pm

the George hotel in torrishome is very good,
mazatec

Postby RochdaleFan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:20 pm

Am glad I registered on here to ask that question, The York is a nice place. It doesn't look like either of us are going anywhere this season so you have at least 1 customer for next year's clash.

Only disappointment was Chelsea beating Boro, but that's not really your fault.
RochdaleFan

Postby Aspers » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:06 am

Did any of those tight arsed buggers buy you a pint though?.
Aspers

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:26 pm

Aspers wrote:Did any of those tight arsed buggers buy you a pint though?.

This from someone who left the country last time he was asked to buy a round :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:55 pm

You know that's not fair Keith.

He was put on a plane before he could get to another Morecambe game :lol:
Phoenix

Return to General Discussion