You really don't want to watch this...

You really don't want to watch this...

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:34 am

Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: You really don't want to watch this...

Postby scalehallshrimp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:15 am

what an absolutely ghastly video,the artell own goal complete farcs,summed up the whole performance really,just hope they can snap out of this,because something desperate seems to be needed
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby marky » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 am

Where was the marking for the first goal? The captain totally lost his man. What an utterly ridiculous own goal. The way it's been reported I thought it was a shot that just hit Artell and went in off him (unluckily), but that isn't the case.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby parceldave » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:56 am

marky wrote:Where was the marking for the first goal? The captain totally lost his man. What an utterly ridiculous own goal. The way it's been reported I thought it was a shot that just hit Artell and went in off him (unluckily), but that isn't the case.

Where was the marking for any goal , Gillinham had so much time and space without being challanged it was like a pre - season friendly where no one wanted to get injured. :shock: :shock: . The effort from Wayne that was on the video was so pathetic a five year old could have hit it harder. :oops: :oops: :oops:
parceldave

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:33 pm

Oh dear :oops: where to start

The first goal the striker was let free and was stood at the back post on his own.

3rd goal the assit was from the goal kick!! noone challenged the high ball it dropped to the players feet who just ran on and scored.

and for me the 5th goal is the worst they get the ball on the halfway line and are allowed to run around and pass the ball as much as they want and not one player puts a challenge in on them.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:57 pm

"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Weetabix Kid » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:39 pm

We've been giving away free headers at the far posts for a long long time..........

Artell should of at least made an effort to run back to challenge the guy on the line, least then the guy would of had to have a touch and it wouldn't of been a oggie.

Hmm any part-time defensive coaches we could aquire????
Weetabix Kid

Postby Duffman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:31 pm

Can't believe I'm saying this but the first three goals Jim Bentley was marking the eventual goalscorer.
Duffman

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Weetabix Kid wrote:We've been giving away free headers at the far posts for a long long time..........

Artell should of at least made an effort to run back to challenge the guy on the line, least then the guy would of had to have a touch and it wouldn't of been a oggie.

absolutely no chance of Artell getting back and stopping the ball going over the line.

I assume the striker let it go in as an o.g. was that he was offside and the goal wouldn't have counted.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:56 pm

Can't be offside when it's come off an opposition player?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:02 pm

marky wrote:Can't be offside when it's come off an opposition player?

your wrong there.

If the striker was in an offside position when the shot that hit Artell was struck then he has to stay inactive until that phase ends.

Don't you think the striker would have smashed the ball in to claim a goal if he could have.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby james456 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:08 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

your wrong there.

If the striker was in an offside position when the shot that hit Artell was struck then he has to stay inactive until that phase ends.

Don't you think the striker would have smashed the ball in to claim a goal if he could have.

Just out of interest, can a striker be offside if he blocks a keepers goal kick and scores from an offside position?
james456

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:09 pm

The defence were inviting them to shoot. Look at the space they had, jesus christ :lol:
Crooky MFC

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:13 pm

james456 wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

your wrong there.

Just out of interest, can a striker be offside if he blocks a keepers goal kick and scores from an offside position?

If he blocks the keepers clearance legally then offside shouldn't come into it.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby i-love-mfc » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:29 pm

Shocking!! :evil:
i-love-mfc

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:52 pm

Sorry everybody, but I did warn you.

However best to see it for oneself rather than hearsay.

The more I think about it (not much else to do ...at the moment ;) ;) ;) ) the more I have to ask the question again, why was so much made out at the close of last season about having to concentrate on bringing quality defenders to the club?

Looks to me as though sweet FA has been done and as for the claims about a STRONGER squad...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we can't bring in new players due to the financial constraints then let's have a complete revue of the tactics and adopt an attacking policy...because we sure can't defend...
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:16 pm

Yeah whenever I hear Morecambe managers past and present say they want to make us more defensive then I panick it will never work never has done and never will.

We play our best footnall when its on the floor and attacking play to your strengths I say.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Moose » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:19 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Weetabix Kid wrote:We've been giving away free headers at the far posts for a long long time..........

absolutely no chance of Artell getting back and stopping the ball going over the line.

Especially when you stay sat on your arse waving your arms about. He wasn't even looking at the ball - did he know that?

He could... sorry... should have at least made the effort surely?
Moose

Postby nobbyshrimp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:21 pm

Like I previously said on another topic prior to this game;
Gillingham lost first game at home, won next 4 :!: (and this was without there best players who returned for our game). How was this ever going to be an easy game? Away from home they are struggling at the moment but there home form currently puts them 3rd in the league compared with our away record which puts us 22nd although even Gillingham are 19th and only 3 in front of us:!:
Erm.....reality check required :!:
http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/home.html
http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/away.html
nobbyshrimp

Postby shrimper » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Moose wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

Especially when you stay sat on your arse waving your arms about. He wasn't even looking at the ball - did he know that?

He could... sorry... should have at least made the effort surely?

I think, apart from the slip, his mistake was not assessing the situation as regards the laws of the game quickly enough. He assumed their lad was going to tap the ball in and (already looking silly) he was hoping there would be an offside flag and that such an appeal was the best chance of having the goal prevented.
What he should have done, of course, was think 'Mmmm, he can't touch it cos he'd be offside - I'll get up and kick it away' (assuming he could have done that in time).

Easy for me to say now but not easy to think that straight when you look a fool for slipping and ending up on your backside.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby steve mfc » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:05 pm

Obviously there was some bad defending on Saturday, but the midfield has to give the defence more protection, 22 shots by Gillingham would indicate that the midfield are not closing down the opposition and breaking up attacks before they get into the danger area.

As to not enough quality players being signed in the summer surely we have to take into account how difficult it is for Sammy to get the players he wants.

How many of his first or even second choice targets was he able to sign, we either cant afford the transfer fee or the wages and even if we can they don't want to come to Morecambe.

There's a lot of frustration and pain at the moment, but this is the reality of being in a league where we are not competing on equal terms with probably two thirds of the teams that we are up against.

That's not to say Saturdays performance is acceptable, we can and have done a lot better, hopefully there will be an increase in finance once we are in the new stadium, if that's the case and we can stay in this league until that time then maybe we will be better placed to compete at this level.
steve mfc

Postby Number 1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:36 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:Like I previously said on another topic prior to this game;
Gillingham lost first game at home, won next 4 :!: (and this was without there best players who returned for our game). How was this ever going to be an easy game? Away from home they are struggling at the moment but there home form currently puts them 3rd in the league compared with our away record which puts us 22nd although even Gillingham are 19th and only 3 in front of us:!:
Erm.....reality check required :!:
http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/home.html
http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/away.html

Unfortunately, whilst you're right, the fact is that after every game there is an excuse. We lost at Bury, but "played quite well and deserved a point". Sadly, a bizarre Artell own goal sealed our fate. Against Daggers we played well initially, but lost because Daggers "Have started the season well but aren't a top team". We were lucky in catching Shrewsbury on an off day. Against Barnet who hadn't won but could easily have in the end there were more excuses like "We don't do well against the poorer teams".

Another one is "We've had a tough start" either playing top teams or teams in disproportionate good form at the time they play us. I'm not sure what would have happened Saturday if Adams hadn't been brought back but having not lost when we didn't have him, it kind of tells a story doesn't it? Another Artell howler surely should allow McStay a run out. I actually like Parrish at left back and McCann at right back.

The common denominator is us and the fact that we're a slow side with a lack of creation. Which means we get caught at the back and struggle to make chances. Unfortunately, Sammy has to play with the deck he is dealt so it must be time to experiment. We've had the magic 10 games now and on form, we're near the bottom. McStay at centre half, unless he's lost form since last season and quicker full backs in Parrish and McCann.

We CAN turn it round, and I'd rather us be in this position now whilst we can turn it round than at the end of the season with games running out. Some teams WILL have bad runs and that might just allow us to keep afloat.
Number 1

Postby badger » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:54 pm

If luton,bournmouth and rotherham had not been deducted all those points we would all be panicking a lot more. i think rotherham will end the season higher than the shrimps. mabe in the play offs.
badger

Postby mfc:) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Instead of worrying about other teams near us inles we are playing them lets all just concentrate on morecambe and show them all the support they need at this present moment in time .
mfc:)

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:34 pm

mfc:) wrote:Instead of worrying about other teams near us unless we are playing them lets all just concentrate on Morecambe...

It's concentrating on Morecambe that is worrying us!

mfc:) wrote:and show them all the support they need at this present moment in time

The core support is still there and will be no matter what. What I'd like to see is some entertaining football that may help to get the support excited. And with some decent football, I genuinely think we'd be more successful. Two birds with one stone? Let's see some football!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion