New kits next season?!

New kits next season?!

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Fri May 13, 2011 6:48 am

Are we having a new kit next season? Nobody has mentioned it.....
bentomlinsonMFC

Re: New kits next season?!

Postby jmatkinson » Fri May 13, 2011 6:58 am

I doubt it. Most of the clubs who are having them released photos in the last week or so.
jmatkinson

Postby Duffman » Fri May 13, 2011 7:01 am

We get a new kit every season and it's normally announced very late, usually at the sponsors do just before pre-season kicks off.
Duffman

Postby Shrimpy » Fri May 13, 2011 8:00 am

If you look at kits that Puma are doing for everyone else next season I think it's fair to say we'll be having two little stripes along the shoulders and I wouldn't be surprised if we get an almost exact replica of Leyton Orients kit as we did this season.

Shrimpy

Postby MFC Club Shop » Fri May 13, 2011 9:09 am

Hi all

The Shrimps will be launching a brand new strip this season and will be launched in the club shop around mid July. I will obviously give more details nearer the time.

Cheers
Phill
Last edited by MFC Club Shop on Fri May 13, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MFC Club Shop

Postby MfcChris » Fri May 13, 2011 9:44 am

MFC Club Shop wrote:Hi all

The Shrimps will be launching a brand new strip at the Gala Draw evening on the 4th of June. The kit will be paraded to those who attend the evening then will be launched in the club shop around mid July. I will obviously give more details nearer the time.

Cheers
Phill

Terrible. This club is all about making money. Most clubs change shirts every 2 years, yet we change them every single year. It is a joke.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Shrimpy » Fri May 13, 2011 9:46 am

MfcChris wrote:

The Shrimps will be launching a brand new strip at the Gala Draw evening on the 4th of June. The kit will be paraded to those who attend the evening then will be launched in the club shop around mid July. I will obviously give more details nearer the time.

Cheers
Phill

Terrible. This club is all about making money. Most clubs change shirts every 2 years, yet we change them every single year. It is a joke.

Maybe 5 / 10 years ago this would be the case, the vast majority of clubs change kits every season these days.
Shrimpy

Postby Joel Ninety » Fri May 13, 2011 10:30 am

We always end up with the crap Puma shirts too. Those Leyton Orient shirts are terrible.

Some of their international team shirts have been decent over the last few years, but no doubt we'll go for the one with the Harry Hill collar.

Something like the Italy home shirt (http://www.puma.com/football/products/i ... rt-replica), in red (obviously) without the Batman bodyarmour print would be good.
Joel Ninety

Postby shrimpinho » Fri May 13, 2011 10:40 am

Joel Ninety wrote:We always end up with the crap Puma shirts too. Those Leyton Orient shirts are terrible.

Some of their international team shirts have been decent over the last few years, but no doubt we'll go for the one with the Harry Hill collar.

Something like the Italy home shirt (http://www.puma.com/football/products/i ... rt-replica), in red (obviously) without the Batman bodyarmour print would be good.

see I like the new style puma kits, they are a bit different and Orients home kit is decent, but I don't like the idea that ours maybe exactly the same as there's, maybe we will have some black on there.

but arn't our kits produced by a company of Puma and not Puma themselves? those who take care of football league clubs, then top teams such as Spurs and the rest of them have individual styles?
shrimpinho

Postby Shrimpy » Fri May 13, 2011 10:50 am

shrimpinho wrote:but arn't our kits produced by a company of Puma and not Puma themselves? those who take care of football league clubs, then top teams such as Spurs and the rest of them have individual styles?

Exactly, which is why we'll end up with a standard template with our badge and sponsor put on. Take a look at Leyton Orients kit last season and compare it with ours, it's exactly the same apart from we had white under the armpits whereas they had black

Shrimpy

Postby Loyalsupporter » Fri May 13, 2011 10:57 am

Well last seasons keeper shirt was shared with Sheffield Wed

Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Joel Ninety » Fri May 13, 2011 11:02 am

We need to ditch Puma and get something a bit more individual.

Like this...

Icelandic chants and shrimp costumes. We're bound to get on The Football League Show every week then.
Joel Ninety

Postby shrimpinho » Fri May 13, 2011 11:05 am

Shrimpy wrote:
shrimpinho wrote:but arn't our kits produced by a company of Puma and not Puma themselves? those who take care of football league clubs, then top teams such as Spurs and the rest of them have individual styles?

Exactly, which is why we'll end up with a standard template with our badge and sponsor put on. Take a look at Leyton Orients kit last season and compare it with ours, it's exactly the same apart from we had white under the armpits whereas they had black

True, I guess it is just speculation on what colour difference there will be.

on the plus side, least we are not sponsored by reebok. lost the plot
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/ima ... Home_1.jpg
shrimpinho

Postby Sharpy » Fri May 13, 2011 11:10 am

This years shirt looked crap so i hope they do change it.
We should go back to the "Jiang Print" style we had a couple of seasons back. that was a great shirt!
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:15 am

From our time in the FL, I, personally, liked the MoPay one the best.

Can't say I was overly keen on this season just gones shirt.

Quality this one (2008/09 MoPay sponsored) :
Attachments
Morecambe_Kit_2008-09.png
Morecambe_Kit_2008-09.png (27.93 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Shrimpy » Fri May 13, 2011 11:22 am

Funny how we see things differently. I thought that mopay kit was the worst shirt I've seen us wear for a number of years, only the business serve shirt comes anywhere close to it!
Shrimpy

Postby Sharpy » Fri May 13, 2011 11:22 am

last years Bench shirt was good too, im sure the club still has some knocking around, can't we just use those again?
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby The Fury » Fri May 13, 2011 11:25 am

Seasider9601 wrote:From our time in the FL, I, personally, liked the MoPay one the best.

Can't say I was overly keen on this season just gones shirt.

Quality this one (2008/09 MoPay sponsored) :

I reckon that's the worst one we've ever had since I starting supporting (circa 1995).

This is my all time favourite:
Attachments
football_shirt_20959_1_500x400x0.jpg
football_shirt_20959_1_500x400x0.jpg (23.41 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
The Fury

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:25 am

Shrimpy wrote:only the business serve shirt comes anywhere close to it!

Indeed Shrimpy, the one you mention above was truly horrendous. Sponsor panel far too large, and the shirt was badly fitting as well if I remember rightly.
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Fri May 13, 2011 11:26 am

MfcChris wrote:

Cheers
Phill

Anybody / anything else you feel like having a moan about?

;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:26 am

Sharpy wrote:last years Bench shirt was good too, im sure the club still has some knocking around, can't we just use those again?

Not keen, personally. Needed some white flashes in there .......... not least to brighten it up a bit.
Seasider9601

Postby MfcChris » Fri May 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Christies Child wrote:
MfcChris wrote:

Cheers
Phill

;)

Just you :)

The white & black is my favourite. Sadly I don't have any shirts that fit me apart from this seaosns shirt in my dp due to losing 3.5 stone so I will have to buy next season's. Although I wear all the training t-shirts which are ace.

http://a786.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/13/l_b22e8c7d325bcd0e7e1f6a84b342ba91.jpg
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Christies Child » Fri May 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Cheers
Phill[/quote]
Terrible. This club is all about making money. Most clubs change shirts every 2 years, yet we change them every single year. It is a joke.[/quote]

;)[/quote]
Just you :)

The white & black is my favourite. Sadly I don't have any shirts that fit me apart from this seaosns shirt in my dp due to losing 3.5 stone so I will have to buy next season's. Although I wear all the training t-shirts which are ace.

http://a786.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/13/l_b22e8c7d325bcd0e7e1f6a84b342ba91.jpg[/quote]

Loosing 3.5 stone.....I'm impressed!

Tell me how? :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Wild Bill » Fri May 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Christies Child wrote:Loosing 3.5 stone.....I'm impressed!

loosing - definition of loosing by the Free Online Dictionary ...
Not taut, fixed, or rigid: a loose anchor line; a loose chair leg.

I am a bit worried about your 'loose' 3.5 stone CC!

It is a shame to lose what I thought was a good shirt this season, but I can only remember one season when we kept the same shirt and that had a different sponsor (our first year in the conference?).

As for bad shirts; the conference season we made our own springs to mind with Ambilink as the sponsor. Any pics?
Wild Bill

Postby The Fury » Fri May 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Wild Bill wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Loosing 3.5 stone.....I'm impressed!

loosing - definition of loosing by the Free Online Dictionary ...
Not taut, fixed, or rigid: a loose anchor line; a loose chair leg.

I am a bit worried about your 'loose' 3.5 stone CC!

It is a shame to lose what I thought was a good shirt this season, but I can only remember one season when we kept the same shirt and that had a different sponsor (our first year in the conference?).

As for bad shirts; the conference season we made our own springs to mind with Ambilink as the sponsor. Any pics?

1998/1999.
Attachments
0,,10866~3676961,00.jpg
0,,10866~3676961,00.jpg (24.39 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
The Fury

Next

Return to General Discussion