Everyone stop being so miserable because...

Everyone stop being so miserable because...

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:30 pm

we're gonna be a Football League club for another year! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Re: Everyone stop being so miserable because...

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:31 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:we're gonna be a Football League club for another year! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

not if sammy is in charge once again..
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby MfcChris » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:32 pm

After how many years in the league do we stop thinking 'who cares we lose 20 games, we are FL again'?

Are we not an accomplished FL side yet? 5 years? 8 years? 10 years?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:34 pm

MfcChris wrote:After how many years in the league do we stop thinking 'who cares we lose 20 games, we are FL again'?

Are we not an accomplished FL side yet? 5 years? 8 years? 10 years?

the board will relish that comment ;)
shrimpnsave

Postby MfcChris » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:35 pm

Where is the ambition? Our board are apparently ambitous.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:36 pm

We are all so happy today :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:We are all so happy today :)

We conceded SEVEN today to a team who have scored more than one goal in a game only once in their last ten (when they scored two!) We last conceded SEVEN at Leek Town in August 1998.

If we'd lost 1-0 I'd have been relieved that we were safe. But happy at conceding SEVEN? No, excuse me if I'm not.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:51 pm

MfcChris wrote:Where is the ambition? Our board are apparently ambitous.

chris,do you think mfc could afford to be ambitious enough to go into l1?????????
shrimpnsave

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:58 pm

Yes League status was the key and that's been held on to for another season which is great news for all concerned, Phew.
A BIG shout out for Accrington today who deserve all the plaudits for their immense effort in reaching the play-offs...................My hats off to all of you and the very best of luck!
HALMA 1983

Postby stevanshrimp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:19 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Where is the ambition? Our board are apparently ambitous.

chris,do you think mfc could afford to be ambitious enough to go into l1?????????

Full-on comitment, desire and concentration would have been good to have this season.

It starts from the board down to the Manager and Players. It seems to have stopped at

the Manager.
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:27 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:Yes League status was the key and that's been held on to for another season which is great news for all concerned, Phew.
A BIG shout out for Accrington today who deserve all the plaudits for their immense effort in reaching the play-offs...................My hats off to all of you and the very best of luck!

You only started coming back when Oldham slumped :lol:

Oh sorry, your opinion matters more because your an old man!

We hate Oldham!
Sammy h

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Sammy h wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:Yes League status was the key and that's been held on to for another season which is great news for all concerned, Phew.

We hate Oldham!

so what,whats your point?????????????????????
shrimpnsave

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Sammy h wrote:

We hate Oldham!

That coming from another Sammy :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:31 pm

We need to stop the rot quickly if we are to make it five years as a league club. Yes we have only had one (very) bad season but much bigger clubs than us have dropped below the trap door. Ultimately it will be down to the board to decide if Sammy can change it round. The general opinion of the squad will have a big say no doubt.
Wild Bill

Postby Up_The_Cobblers » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:22 pm

It was a fanstastic achievement for you to finish 4th last season and maybe the scale of that achievement has raised the bar of expectations a bit too high for your players to cope with. Obviously you've had a disappointing season but you've got to look on the bright side- you've got a brand spanking new ground that is probably better than some in League One, a manager who has already proven himself capable at this level, some decent players (particularly going forward) and a board with ambition (certainly enough to get that ground built). Off the pitch, you are in a stronger position than you were last season, or at least you would appear to be, from the outside looking in. It's just about getting it right on the pitch, and you just have to be patient and persevere on that score. McIlroy built a side that came within a few points of promotion last season and there's no reason why he can't do that again- you should be looking up, not down. You're pretty much an established Football League club now and that is a brilliant achievement. Stop talking yourselves down so much. ;)
Up the Cobblers
F*** the Posh
Up_The_Cobblers

Postby Sammy h » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:24 pm

Up_The_Cobblers wrote:It was a fanstastic achievement for you to finish 4th last season and maybe the scale of that achievement has raised the bar of expectations a bit too high for your players to cope with. Obviously you've had a disappointing season but you've got to look on the bright side- you've got a brand spanking new ground that is probably better than some in League One, a manager who has already proven himself capable at this level, some decent players (particularly going forward) and a board with ambition (certainly enough to get that ground built). Off the pitch, you are in a stronger position than you were last season, or at least you would appear to be, from the outside looking in. It's just about getting it right on the pitch, and you just have to be patient and persevere on that score. McIlroy built a side that came within a few points of promotion last season and there's no reason why he can't do that again- you should be looking up, not down. You're pretty much an established Football League club now and that is a brilliant achievement. Stop talking yourselves down so much. ;)

Here, here!!

It's a league two party next year. Cobblers and Shrimps staying up.

Lets enjoy the day.

In Mcilroy we trust.
Sammy h

Postby Caged Lion » Sun May 01, 2011 8:04 am

Only misery in our house came this morning when Mrs Lion found a windblown catkin embedded in her hair.

'Oh my God, imagine what people must have thought? I handled losing 7-2 ok. But a catkin in my hair!'
Caged Lion

Return to General Discussion