who's going down?

who's going down?

Postby Heysham_red » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:17 pm

I know we are not mathematically safe yet but its pretty close and I predict it to be between Burton, Northampton and Barnet, with Stockport finishing bottom.

After last nights draw for Burton, its now Northampton who are sitting awfully close to the last relegation spot in 22nd place. They are 1 point behind Burton and 2 in front of Barnet with a 9 goal better off goal difference.

so with 4 games to go who is going to get relegated? and could we play an important part in keeping Barnet, a side that we seem to get on with very well, in the football league by beating Northampton on the last day of the season?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Burton, too many games in a short period of time.

here are the remaining fixtures for these teams:

BARNET:
Gillingham v Barnet
Barnet v Oxford Utd
Accrington Stanley
Barnet v Port Vale

NORTHAMPTON:
Northampton v Rotherham
Stockport v Northampton
Northampton v Stevenage
Morecambe v Northampton

BURTON:
Aldershot v Burton Albion
Burton Albion v Torquay
Southend v Burton Albion
Burton Albion v Accrington Stanley
Heysham_red

Re: who's going down?

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:30 pm

I said between friends months ago that Burton would go down with Stockport, the games in hand have been a massive weight round their necks which with each one that passes without a win it drags them closer and closer to real problems.

Barnet have a bit of forward momentum whereas Burton have been going backwards at a rate of notts the past month or so.
LA1Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:42 pm

Our last home game v. Northampton could be interesting IF it is The Cobblers teetering on the brink.

Would think they would sell out the away end if so.

I still think it will be Stockport and Barnet down. Don't want to see either go to be honest.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:00 pm

Barnet have just left it too late and with their opposition all fighting for a chance for the playoffs, it's got to be Barnet with Stockport IMO. Just as long as it's not us.
Mike

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Looking at Barnet's fixtures it now looks very difficult for them to get out of trouble but you never know they could spring up a supprise result.
heysham_mfc

Postby Ntini » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:01 am

Just looking at Barnet's fixtures, as they're the ones in the worse position, and you can't see them getting any wins from those games. Factor in that Burton and Northampton have winable games, and I think it's too late for Barnet.

BUT, it only takes one shock result. It's certainly going to be close and go right down to the wire.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Return to General Discussion