Penalty Incident

Penalty Incident

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Highlights will be on the internet on Moday but having seen them on the FL Show there is no way Garry even touched him clear dive.
heysham_mfc

Re: Penalty Incident

Postby steve mfc » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Even the Wycombe fans don't think it was a penalty,

Not that Im complaining but Ive seen our penalty decision and it looks as though Ainsworth's been given another dubious one

Its not the first time we have been on the end of a bad decision this season, especially lately.
steve mfc

Postby sardineleader » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:14 pm

ref not sure did he book gary hunter no !
sardineleader

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:17 pm

if a player dives in recklessly even without hitting the attacking player but making him take evasive action to avoid injury the ref can deem it foul play.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby outsider » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:if a player dives in recklessly even without hitting the attacking player but making him take evasive action to avoid injury the ref can deem it foul play.

But he didn't!!!!!!!! Then again another excuse to have a go at GH for ya, Bet you couldn't wait to get online after the game :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:45 pm

outsider wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:if a player dives in recklessly even without hitting the attacking player but making him take evasive action to avoid injury the ref can deem it foul play.

But he didn't!!!!!!!! Then again another excuse to have a go at GH for ya, Bet you couldn't wait to get online after the game :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

as this is the first time I have been on line since that appalling performance then you are wrong again.

Ok so who did give the penalty away ? I missed the "high"lights last night and formed an opinion while watching it live at the game. I will review it when the video of the goals is posted on Radio Lancashire.

That game was lost in midfield yesterday and all of them were equally culpable. Wycombe had a fantastic passing midfield with a 37 year old who ran like Thommo and we had a weedy out-muscled midfield that couldnt string 2 passes together. And one of them was dispossessed for the crucial 2nd goal.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Harry » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:09 pm

Irrelevant, it was given. Maybe if we forced ourselves upon our opponents a bit more we might win some dodgy decisions.
Harry

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:42 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:as this is the first time I have been on line since that appalling performance then you are wrong again.

Oh really?
Heysham_Shrimp Post subject: Re: Morecambe 0 Wycombe 3 f/tPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:46 pm
;) :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Harry wrote:Irrelevant, it was given. Maybe if we forced ourselves upon our opponents a bit more we might win some dodgy decisions.

Hardly irrelevant Harry, that one incident could be the difference between survival or relegation.
steve mfc

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:16 pm

That one act of madness from a tosser of a referee completley changed the dynamic of the game. For the 34 mins prior to the decsion we had matched Wycombe all the way, and we looked like we could play out and get a point.
After it, our heads dropped. We didnt look the same side for another 10 mins.
Lucklily we had a rocket up their backsides in the second half and played alot better. Play like that against Rotherham for 90. I wouldnt be suprised if we get 3 points.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:That one act of madness from a tosser of a referee completley changed the dynamic of the game. For the 34 mins prior to the decsion we had matched Wycombe all the way, and we looked like we could play out and get a point.
After it, our heads dropped. We didnt look the same side for another 10 mins.
Lucklily we had a rocket up their backsides in the second half and played alot better. Play like that against Rotherham for 90. I wouldnt be suprised if we get 3 points.

Exactly add to that the injury to Wilson, the foul on Jevons which the ref didn't give resulting in the second goal, the penalty claim that we had turned down and the penalty that he incorrectly awarded Wycombe. The game was won and lost in a ten minute spell and the referee had a very big hand in deciding our fate.
steve mfc

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:30 pm

+ McCready getting booked for trying to tell the referee that the ball wasant on the spot. Which was blindingly obvious. Also how Rendell got away with stuttering massively before he kicked the ball making Barry show which way he was diving.

Worst bit for me was when they got a corner and the fans in the MBW were screaming at the ref. He smirked and from what i saw said something to his other officials. Couldn't tell what. All i saw was him put his finger on his ear and mutter something. Utter Bell.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:+ McCready getting booked for trying to tell the referee that the ball wasant on the spot. Which was blindingly obvious. Also how Rendell got away with stuttering massively before he kicked the ball making Barry show which way he was diving.

Worst bit for me was when they got a corner and the fans in the MBW were screaming at the ref. He smirked and from what i saw said something to his other officials. Couldn't tell what. All i saw was him put his finger on his ear and mutter something. Utter Bell.

Oh i get it now,its a conspiracy theory against our beloved club that cant perform on the park,wake up lad................ :)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby steve mfc » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Its not a conspiracy theory though is it , it happened fact. and while we are at it if that game had happened last year when we trying to get into the play offs then every man and his dog would have been on here complaining about the ref.

However because so many people want Sammy out it somehow didn't effect the game, yeah right.
steve mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:00 pm

I think its a case of a lot of pots calling Kettle black
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:48 am

marky No.1 wrote:I think its a case of a lot of pots calling Kettle black

ba-dum-tish! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby LA1Shrimp » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:52 am

I think people have to look inward a bit more here, referees haven't put us in the position we are in, after 39 games your not in the bottom 5 by playing well. Yes we have had a few dubious decisions over the year but they even out over a season, we just tend to ignore the ones that go our way and highlight the ones that don't. We are in the position we are in as over the season we have been one of the worst sides. The league table rarely lies.

After reviewing all 3 goals there are obvious faults in them, the penalty - Ainsworth starts the move on the right hand side crosses it (Unchallenged), flicked on and nodded back (by Rendell virtually unchallenged), Ainsworth runs right across the box without being tracked and received the ball, Hunter has a nibble, there is no contact but thats only due to Ainsworth taking evasive action. If that had been Danny Carlton leaping out the way we would have been screaming for a penalty.

Second goal - well possession is given away, outpaced and the centre of defence parts like the red sea giving Ainsworth a clear run at goal.

Third goal - Rendell starts the move about 30 yards out, it goes wide, cross comes in unchallenged misses one man out and Rendell finishes after making a run from the 30 yard mark, his marker never really tracks him and makes the goal look very easy.

So when you dissect the 3 goals into stages of play we have numerous occasions to snuff out the attack, due to lack of pressing etc, poor marking we again find ourselves on the end of a thumping.
LA1Shrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:53 pm

LA1Shrimp wrote:...they even out over a season, we just tend to ignore the ones that go our way and highlight the ones that don't. We are in the position we are in as over the season we have been one of the worst sides. The league table rarely lies.

Like Danny being a mile off-side for a goal at Barnet? Beat Barnet, lose to Wycombe... I think that the balance is in our favour.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby LA1Shrimp » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Exactly Keith, there is no wild conspiracy against us, the problem is we are letting players get into dangerous positions and being forced into poor tackles. Charnock is a perfect example he constantly gives away fouls and is diving in as he gets himself wrong side a lot and as result tries to compensate by diving in.

Garry was a perfect example on saturday, no one tracked Ainsworth and he ends up bearing down on goal with Garry square on, Garrys poor body position made it virtually impossible for him not to make contact or try to make contact.
LA1Shrimp

Postby Ntini » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:For the 34 mins prior to the decsion we had matched Wycombe all the way, and we looked like we could play out and get a point.

I'm not sure that's a very solid argument. How can you 'play out' for a point for an hour??? Wycombe are a very good side this year, and so are bound to create chances against any team in this league.

I'm not sure that because we did well up to a 34th minute penalty decision that we were going to get a point...
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby LA1Shrimp » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:43 pm

I've never understood the idea of playing for a draw, does that mean you give the ball away 50% (this would be an improvement at the moment) of the time, aim to miss 50% of the time. If your hanging on for a draw after 34 minutes I think the writings on the wall.
LA1Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:29 pm

I thought they were a better side than us with strength and a bit of pace all over the park.

But I also thought we played well going forward and created a lot of decent chances, even in the first half before they got in front we had a few.

There was some slack defending and tracking back, which led to at least two of their goals.

I didn't at the time and still don't think it was a penalty. I think Ainsworth (who played superbly all game) used his experience and played for the pen and got it. Looking at it again confirms that. I don't think Gary did anything wrong, in fact he looked to stand still and NOT give away a pen - Ainsworth pushed it forward and leapt over him, another ref would have booked him.

All said I think we've played worse than that and won this season and think if we continue making as many chances we can get the four or so points I think we need to survive.

The future is another story.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:39 pm

shrimper wrote:I thought they were a better side than us with strength and a bit of pace all over the park.

But I also thought we played well going forward and created a lot of decent chances, even in the first half before they got in front we had a few.

There was some slack defending and tracking back, which led to at least two of their goals.

I didn't at the time and still don't think it was a penalty. I think Ainsworth (who played superbly all game) used his experience and played for the pen and got it. Looking at it again confirms that. I don't think Gary did anything wrong, in fact he looked to stand still and NOT give away a pen - Ainsworth pushed it forward and leapt over him, another ref would have booked him.

All said I think we've played worse than that and won this season and think if we continue making as many chances we can get the four or so points I think we need to survive.

The future is another story.

I too think we will gather the 4 points that should barring automatic promotion form from Barnet and Stockport ensure our survival.

But should the fans be put through the sort of appalling performance that we endured on Saturday. ok the stats may suggest it was a close match shots on target and corner kick wise. But most of our good moments were when the game was dead at 3-0 down and they were coasting and resting key players.

Sammy could give the whole club and most of the fans a boost by recalling Craig Stanley (possibly as captain) and replacing Charnock with Will Haining and moving Andy Parrish to right back.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Just brought myslef to watch the highlights. When I was watching the match live I agreed with the ref and thought that Hunter had left his foot in and struck Ainsworth above the knee. The BBC replay shows no such thing, it's actually an appalling dive that the ref should have seen given he was only a few feet away. Hunter pulls out of the challenge, Ainsworth could have gone on to have a shot and scored from open play. The reason he didn't is because he's a cheating tramp. That said he was easily the best player on the pitch, but still tramp.
RedRedWine1

Postby jonnythedog » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:29 pm

It was a shame about Wilson's injury as I liked the look of the starting back four on Saturday.

There is no way that the first should have been a penalty imo.

For me the first goals were symptomatic of an unwillingness of the players to take control of the game, they seem to just expect someone else to sort it all out. I noticed it a few times in the midweek game as well with the ball bouncing between two players and neither of them communicating or making making it theirs. As has been mentioned on here a lot, we're missing leaders, players to take the game to the opposition, and players to ensure that the rest of the team are being positive and pro-active, like Ainsworth did on Saturday.
jonnythedog

Next

Return to General Discussion