How long ?

How long ?

Postby Morectalk » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:00 am

How long do we have to endure embarrassing defeats like that? Granted, they are one of the best teams to have graced the Globe so far & it could have been a lot more yesterday but thankfully they took their collective foot off the pedal in the second half. Sammy continues to throw the dice every week & tinker with the line-up. For me I don't think he has known his real best 11 all season. Players get an understanding of each other the more they play together, yet every game he has players in different positions. I noticed Parrish was employed as left centre back. The sight of him running down the left wing in the second half knowing he has no real left foot was a crying waste of talent. Injuries & suspensions force change, but the constant tinkering is no good for the team.

Just one other thing yesterday - I was fairly ashamed to be standing behind the goal while the kids at the back threw out the "Bull shit" attempts at humour to their keeper. He must get that every single week of his life, so 0 out of 10 for humour there lads. :roll: The lad had a good game & a smile on his face, so I thought all that was well out of order.

Time for a change of manager now. Put Jimbo in charge for April & that will also give us more time to find a new manager before the next season starts. Sammy has lost a lot of fans respect & probably the players are finding it hard that way too.
Morectalk

Re: How long ?

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:43 am

I can sum up the home games this season in six words:

THE CURSE OF THE GLOBE ARENA :( :cry:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby dazza » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:54 am

And if sammy goes!!! Stanners might stay.......I personally don't know the lad,,,,buttttttttt I don't think he ever wanted to go.....so sammy just eat humble pie and bring him back ,,,, Staying in the league is more important than personnel feelings,,,,, no one man is bigger than the club sammy so just fetch him back!!!...
****dazza****
dazza

Postby Morectalk » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:13 pm

dazza wrote:And if sammy goes!!! Stanners might stay.......I personally don't know the lad,,,,buttttttttt I don't think he ever wanted to go.....so sammy just eat humble pie and bring him back ,,,, Staying in the league is more important than personnel feelings,,,,, no one man is bigger than the club sammy so just fetch him back!!!...

Agree with you there. Sammy must have heard the chants yesterday & should bite the bullet & do what is best for the club.
Morectalk

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Morectalk wrote:
dazza wrote:And if sammy goes!!! Stanners might stay.......I personally don't know the lad,,,,buttttttttt I don't think he ever wanted to go.....so sammy just eat humble pie and bring him back ,,,, Staying in the league is more important than personnel feelings,,,,, no one man is bigger than the club sammy so just fetch him back!!!...

Agree with you there. Sammy must have heard the chants yesterday & should bite the bullet & do what is best for the club.

Under Sammy don't think there is a chance of Stanners playing for morecambe again but if Sammy were to leave at the end of the season who knows?

Would love to see him back here next season although if Torquay got promoted they may want to keep him.
heysham_mfc

Postby dazza » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Your right they may want too!!! But that doesn't mean Craig will stay there,,,,the fact Craig was there yesterday speaks volumes. About where Craig wants to be.....once a shrimp always a shrimp!!!lol ,,,,, come on sammy do wat the people want!!,,,,,bring him back....he can't play in the last game of the season or the play offs for Torquay...I suppose unless we release him then he can sign as a uncommitted player??? Sammy we need stanners .....
****dazza****
dazza

Postby Morectalk » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:43 pm

Let's face it though, the loss of Duffy was a spanner in the works this year. There was always a buzz when he got the ball & no-one else has that at the club at the moment.
Morectalk

Postby parkyboy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:47 pm

The curse of the Globe Arena has been put there by former Christie owner Mr Christie ,maybe its time before its to late to get him exorcised before he sends us down ,it works you know
parkyboy

Postby Morectalk » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:54 pm

parkyboy wrote:The curse of the Globe Arena has been put there by former Christie owner Mr Christie ,maybe its time before its to late to get him exorcised before he sends us down ,it works you know

Maybe if Charnock had exercised a bit more he wouldn't have let Ainsworth ghost past him so easily yesterday. :roll:
Morectalk

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:00 pm

I don't think i would play Charnock again this season, he often mistimes a pass or a tackle.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Sammy h » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:07 pm

I thought the chants yesterday were hilarious and I had a fantastic day.
Sammy h

Postby Morectalk » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Sammy h wrote:I thought the chants yesterday were hilarious and I had a fantastic day.

Most were good fun, just thought the "Bull shit" stuff was poor tbh. :(
Morectalk

Postby The Marksman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:47 am

dazza wrote:Your right they may want too!!! But that doesn't mean Craig will stay there,,,,the fact Craig was there yesterday speaks volumes. About where Craig wants to be.....once a shrimp always a shrimp!!!lol ,,,,, come on sammy do wat the people want!!,,,,,bring him back....he can't play in the last game of the season or the play offs for Torquay...I suppose unless we release him then he can sign as a uncommitted player??? Sammy we need stanners .....

Is your keyboard broken?
The Marksman

Postby LA1Shrimp » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:39 am

The Stanley business is academic really as it all depends on the contractual agreement between us and Torquay. There would have to be conditions written into the agreement to be able to terminate the agreement early.
LA1Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:47 am

LA1Shrimp wrote:The Stanley business is academic really as it all depends on the contractual agreement between us and Torquay. There would have to be conditions written into the agreement to be able to terminate the agreement early.

It is not academic.

If we give 24 hours notice he can be recalled to the club.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby LA1Shrimp » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:03 am

Only if thats written into the contractual agreement. A loan is a transferring of a players registration for a given period of time, in order to recall that registration we would have had to put it in the contract. The standard recall time is 12 hours notice too not 24. I would fully expect that there is a recall agreement in place however the conditions are unkown. I wouldn't expect anyone on here to have seen the agreement therefore its conjecture.

Regardless of that he wont be coming back this season, the manager isn't one to swallow his pride - ask Darren Moss, plus why would Stanley want to come back, he is playing a starring role in a promotion chasing team, his stock is on the rise. The way he is playing and Torquays form he could look forward to a distinct possibility of a permanent deal and playing in League 1 next year. Cant see us offering him that!!
LA1Shrimp

Postby Morectalk » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:10 pm

If Stanners did go I wonder what sort of fee we would get for him ?
Morectalk

Postby james456 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:32 pm

He's out of contract at the end of the season isn't he?

We'd get nothing if so.
james456

Postby Sammy h » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Morectalk wrote:If Stanners did go I wonder what sort of fee we would get for him ?

Out of contract so we will get zilch.
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Sammy h wrote:Out of contract so we will get zilch.

As long as he's a striker and not another freaking defender!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Morectalk » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Morectalk wrote:If Stanners did go I wonder what sort of fee we would get for him ?

Really !! Thought he had at least a year to go.
Morectalk

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Sammy h wrote:

I hope we get something for all those earbuds that the club medical staff have overstocked on.

RedRedWine1

Postby Sammy h » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:03 pm

Is Dr Nick Riviera still on our medical team? He did a few medicals for us down the years didn't he?

Sammy h

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Hello Carl Ruffer!!! Medical schmedical. Knee bone connected to the, elbow!! Big Toe connected to the, Shoulder!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:43 pm

RedRedWine wrote:schmedical

Great Goalkeeper. X
Bare Ben

Next

Return to General Discussion