which one O/T

which one O/T

Postby glagys » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:16 am

daughter has decided that with her first wage she wants to buy a chinese takeawy for us as her treat, but she's not sure which one to try, we have had shengs a number of times, but she's paying and wants to try another one, she was pondering the one in heysham village or sweet zen, so i thought i would ask her to help her pick, as the all knowing shrimpsvoices can always help damsels in distress
cheers
glagys

Re: which one O/T

Postby Harry MFC » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:29 am

The one in Heysham village is nice. We've been there before and we like it. :)
Harry MFC

Postby glagys » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:53 pm

sweet zen won

will report back later
glagys

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:58 pm

glagys wrote:sweet zen won

will report back later

best one imo used to be the rice bowl on lanck road but is under new management,dont know what its likebut i thought all chineses looked the same anyway :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Best one IMO is The Happy Palace in Bare. Really love it there !! Give it a go.
Last edited by Seasider9601 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Red Luck at Carnforth, But the last time i went it wasn't up to the usual standard. I complained and told them " my chicken was rubbery" which they replied " Thank you velly much"
Boom Boom
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:11 pm

mocking chinese accents is rascist, rascism is not clever or fun :roll: ny
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:13 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:mocking chinese accents is rascist, rascism is not clever or fun :roll: ny

shurrup
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Why don't you f**k off with your political correct b*****Ks
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:25 pm

mocking chinese folk, and now being foul and abusive, good for you :roll: :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:49 am

We went for Greek tonight but there was a slight delay so we had Indian instead. I think the serving wenches wished we we had stuck it out in our 1st choice. Thank goodness the football only lasts 2 hours!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby dazza » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Where u go for Greek??lol
****dazza****
dazza

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:35 pm

dazza wrote:Where u go for Greek??lol

The old rocking horse shop in Lancaster. Ended up at Bombay Balti :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby MfcChris » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:50 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
dazza wrote:Where u go for Greek??lol

The old rocking horse shop in Lancaster. Ended up at Bombay Balti :D

Best Indian there is, been there so many years now. More expensive than all the other indians though like Nice N Spicy whereas takeaways are concerned, but you get more and it is tastier :D

Schumacher ftw.

Laters.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby glagys » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:29 pm

sweet zen was fine

real chip shop chips
delivery when they said as well
although i still need to find a match for shengs salt and pepper beef

but would give it seven out of ten
glagys

Postby Gnasher » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:39 pm

If you want some real old fashioned chips, have a meal the Highwayman at Tunstall near Kirkby Lonsdale. Cooked in dripping 8-)
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Anyone tried out the Barbar the Elephant yet or whatever it's called out of interest ??
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:36 pm

I've heard mixed reports, but mainly good things. Keep meaning to go. Seems to be quite busy whenever I go past.

I'll never go to Saffron again as long as I live. I've been a couple of times, average followed by crap. The last time they had me and a table of 10 or so waiting for what seemed like two hours. By which point they asked if we still wanted our meals. When they did eventually arrive it was easily the worst Curry I've ever had. Pack of twats, overbooked trying to be greedy and ruined quite a few people's evenings (we weren't the only table).

Went to the Curry leaf one year after Bradford away with the indies, that seemed pretty good and reasonably priced.

The Far Pavillion in Bolton-Le-Sands used to be a good Indian, but I've not been for years.
RedRedWine1

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:45 pm

All I will say is avoid QUITE SIMPLY FRENCH on the quay. Absolutely abysmal. I had tried sushi at Miyabi(very good) so i decided to go for snails at this one. The result? Constipated for 4 days. Next time I ordered a steak (well done)(thanks) and it came on its own :? . Just a steak whacked in the middle of my plate - and it was dripping with blood! I kept giving it chances as my sister worked there but the final straw was a SIMPLE lamb shank in olive oil that smelt like feet and tasted worse. Obviously France has no rules on food.
Bare Ben

Postby Joelinho » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Anyone tried out the Barbar the Elephant yet or whatever it's called out of interest ??

Yeah, very nice food and atmosphere. If you're planning on going I'd recommend you get there between 5.30 and 7.30 Mon-Thurs for the early bird specials - it can get quite pricey otherwise.
Joelinho

Postby Posh » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Easily the worst restaurant locally is Verdes. Never understand why people go there and the food is a crime.

Interesting views on other places. Simply French is up and down, check the bill, but their bistro Simply Food is always very good.

Have had indifferent meals at most restaurants. Some places are getting very cheeky on prices (Midland, The Highwayman - robbery), on portions, on quality (Bombay Balti will often give you old popadoms unless you complain) and on service.

Favourites are Bistro 26 (service is mixed and drink choice is poor though); Sun Cafe opposite (only when owner is cooking); Gatehouse (cold atmosphere if quiet); Pizza Margerita (claggy puds); Artisan Cafe (super slow) and the excellent pizzas at The Palatine.

Morecambe and Lancaster is missing an exceptional restaurant though.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Sammy h » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Posh wrote:Easily the worst restaurant locally is Verdes. Never understand why people go there and the food is a crime.

Interesting views on other places. Simply French is up and down, check the bill, but their bistro Simply Food is always very good.

Have had indifferent meals at most restaurants. Some places are getting very cheeky on prices (Midland, The Highwayman - robbery), on portions, on quality (Bombay Balti will often give you old popadoms unless you complain) and on service.

Favourites are Bistro 26 (service is mixed and drink choice is poor though); Sun Cafe opposite (only when owner is cooking); Gatehouse (cold atmosphere if quiet); Pizza Margerita (claggy puds); Artisan Cafe (super slow) and the excellent pizzas at The Palatine.

Morecambe and Lancaster is missing an exceptional restaurant though.

Midland is brilliant, the portions don't look that big, but they certainly fill you up, I agree regarding Verdes though. Spaghetti house is the best Italian in town by a country mile.

I believe the Artisan is super slow as everything is made fresh, and I mean everything!
Sammy h

Postby shrimper » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Been three times to Babar now (and had a taste of everyone else's!) every dish has been superb.
They do hammer the 'any more drinks' but the food and service has been top class every time.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Has anybody had the cookie dough mountain at the Dog & Partridge? :shock:
Bare Ben

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:44 pm

Has anybody ever finished it???

I quite like the Slyne Lodge. Lamb Jennings is the daddy.
RedRedWine1

Next

Return to General Discussion