Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:29 pm

"Some days we play like the Dog & Duck"

Is that not what Capaldi said? :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 436134.stm
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Management Talks Due In The Summer

Postby LA1Shrimp » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:47 pm

To be fair to the manager he has had the bottle to come out and say it. He deserves credit for that at least.
LA1Shrimp

Postby mfcbro » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Glad he has come out and said the results havent been good enough.He also said there would definitely be changes.My concern is that he has brought in a hell of a lot of players, most who havent been good enough.What if anything will change next season?We should be targetting players now for next season.Not picking up journeymen who are left after everyone else has had their pick.
mfcbro

Postby broadwayshrimp » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:48 pm

mfcbro wrote:We should be targetting players now for next season.

But we can only do that if we know who the manager is going to be
broadwayshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:02 pm

mfcbro wrote:Glad he has come out and said the results havent been good enough.He also said there would definitely be changes.My concern is that he has brought in a hell of a lot of players, most who havent been good enough.What if anything will change next season?We should be targetting players now for next season.Not picking up journeymen who are left after everyone else has had their pick.

What makes you think that exsting personnel in the club are not?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Bryan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:46 am

Another twelve months of this and i'll end up in the looney bin. Time for a new broom philosophy at the club. Fresh start needed for everyone's sake.
Bryan

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:03 am

jim bentley and stuart drummond would be the ideal short term solution, possibly becoming a long term solution, this would suit the fans, the players and myself, like eddie and jase at burnley, they are old enough and good and honest enough, if it does not work, it does not work, thats footy, but it deserves a go :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:24 am

The managers who do the best in league 2 are the ones with the best player contacts.

I am not sure whether Jimbo and Stewart have those contacts but maybe they have.

Coley quite obviously has good Merseyside contacts with players such as Gornell , McConville , Ryan etc

Sammy did have some decent contacts when he first came to Morecambe but any players he knew then are now 6 years older and our main supply line seems to be Huddersfield and Scunthorpe with the Lillis connection.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:07 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:The managers who do the best in league 2 are the ones with the best player contacts.

I am not sure whether Jimbo and Stewart have those contacts but maybe they have.
Coley quite obviously has good Merseyside contacts with players such as Gornell , McConville , Ryan etc

Sammy did have some decent contacts when he first came to Morecambe but any players he knew then are now 6 years older and our main supply line seems to be Huddersfield and Scunthorpe with the Lillis connection.

I'd be surprised if Jimbo DOESN'T have contacts in the game especially in Coley's back yard ie Merseyside as Jimbo is a coach I understand at Everton FC. In fact it was he who recommended a striker on Everton's books as a possible loanee but nothing was done about it so I understand.

For me, Jimbo should be put in temporary charge of team affairs until the end of the season with Sammy acting as a temporary advisor. This would save him the humiliation of being asked to leave or him resigning.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion