New Player Recruitment

New Player Recruitment

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:19 am

Whilst I wasn't enamoured with how we played last night (lumping it forward to Carlton and Jimmy against two tall centre-backs, playing right into Maccs hands, then taking Jimmy off seconds after he scored and most probably was on a high) I was again quite impressed with the application of a few of Macclesfield's players.

Assuming that we stay up (I don't think either the bottom two teams will reach our current points total, and we should get a few more points) I wouldn't mind players like Hamza Bencherif in our side for the next campaign, plus the front lad Sinclair. I can't see wages being a problem, given that we have a keeper that is rumoured to be on the equivalent of three decent outfield players and two strikers in Mullin in Jevons that have their agents to thank for a pension slush fund courtesy of PMG.

There must be many others. We pay very good money for this level. The club need to start looking at what is available now and put a recruitment plan in place. This means that if they have targets and don't get them, they have a contingency for replcacements other than plodding on and propping the team up with prats like Capaldi that float around waiting for a free meal ticket.
RedRedWine1

Re: New Player Recruitment

Postby Christies Child » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:45 am

RedRedWine wrote:Whilst I wasn't enamoured with how we played last night (lumping it forward to Carlton and Jimmy against two tall centre-backs, playing right into Maccs hands, then taking Jimmy off seconds after he scored and most probably was on a high) I was again quite impressed with the application of a few of Macclesfield's players.

Assuming that we stay up (I don't think either the bottom two teams will reach our current points total, and we should get a few more points) I wouldn't mind players like Hamza Bencherif in our side for the next campaign, plus the front lad Sinclair. I can't see wages being a problem, given that we have a keeper that is rumoured to be on the equivalent of three decent outfield players and two strikers in Mullin in Jevons that have their agents to thank for a pension slush fund courtesy of PMG.

There must be many others. We pay very good money for this level. The club need to start looking at what is available now and put a recruitment plan in place. This means that if they have targets and don't get them, they have a contingency for replcacements other than plodding on and propping the team up with prats like Capaldi that float around waiting for a free meal ticket.

Am in total agreement about Bencherif. Just the sort of bully that we need in midfield. Knocked our strikers off the ball almost everytime.

AS for replacements, I'm sure a lot of work is going on in the back ground as I've a horrible feeling that we have at least another season of the current manager and his 'hoof it in the air' tactics.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:26 am

I'm sure that the usual journeymens agents are sharpening their pencils for us as we speak.

New broom required. Thanks for the memories Sammy, but we need a different manager to perform a different job.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:58 am

Am in total agreement about Bencherif. Just the sort of bully that we need in midfield. Knocked our strikers off the ball almost everytime.

AS for replacements, I'm sure a lot of work is going on in the back ground as I've a horrible feeling that we have at least another season of the current manager and his 'hoof it in the air' tactics.[/quote]

Like I said on another post you would like to think work was going on behind the scenes and that we were out scouting and making initial enquires about players that will be free in the summer but sadly I thinkgoneshrimping has it right

I am also starting to have a bad feeling that Sammy might be here next season which off the field could really see us in big trouble as crowds will drop even further and there wont be many season ticket renewals,
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Return to General Discussion