o/t The £15,000 Season Ticket

o/t The £15,000 Season Ticket

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Peterborough have sold 2 up to now. Includes free food, seat in the Directors Box and an Honorary Directorship. You can also buy a 75 year ticket for £12K.
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor ... _1_2474286

Maybe we could do something similar, say £1000?

Rod has just spilt his G&T over his laptop! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: o/t The £15,000 Season Ticket

Postby Heysham_red » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:15 am

marky No.1 wrote:Rod has just spilt his G&T over his laptop!

He probably has an ipad! all the important people do! or at least at my company anyway. (thats not a dig at Rod by the way rather the wasted money where I work)

Interesting enough this might help me answer a question I have had. Many will know that, in a couple of seasons, the champions league will not allow clubs to enter if they are perceived to be making a loss (despite there owners being loaded).

This effects a number of teams in the England and obviously throughout Europe. Chelsea and City are the obvious ones. My question has always been. Why cant the owners, Instead of just giving money to the club, purchase something from the club. Lets say the club offers an executive box, for a season, for £250m. Surely know one would buy it right? but what if the owners themselves buy it? that must be classed are revenue. Can anyone tell me if this is against the law? Its certainly not what Fifa/Uefa want so its unethical maybe but not law breaking.

Anyone???
Heysham_red

Re: o/t The £15,000 Season Ticket

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Heysham_red wrote:Interesting enough this might help me answer a question I have had. Many will know that, in a couple of seasons, the champions league will not allow clubs to enter if they are perceived to be making a loss (despite there owners being loaded).

This effects a number of teams in the England and obviously throughout Europe. Chelsea and City are the obvious ones. My question has always been. Why cant the owners, Instead of just giving money to the club, purchase something from the club. Lets say the club offers an executive box, for a season, for £250m. Surely know one would buy it right? but what if the owners themselves buy it? that must be classed are revenue. Can anyone tell me if this is against the law? Its certainly not what Fifa/Uefa want so its unethical maybe but not law breaking.

Anyone???

It depends if FIFA think they are bigger than the "Clubs" and have more clout than say Man. Utd., Real Madrid and Chelsea.

"Rich owners will only be permitted to put money into clubs through buying shares or by investment in training grounds or youth academies, but not by financing huge player wages. The rules will also allow for owners to cover limited amounts of loss: £38.5m for the three years from 2012, reducing to £25.5m over the following three years"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1G0ucfhI9
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion