Why we only got 2100 on Saturday

Why we only got 2100 on Saturday

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Was going to have this rant a few days ago, but forgot to post! :roll:

Went passed Skerton Bridge on Tuesday night and we still had the Aldershot game up from the previous week. Not great but pretty typical. One or two fans may had even gone down that night expecting a game! :oops:

Drove past the Globe on Thursday (I think?) and they are still advertising the Aldershot game. Really no excuses as dozens of staff and club officials would have walked or drove past these signs. I doubt you even need a sign to change these.

When crowds are dropping to worrying levels I would have thought the club would be right on top of these forms of promotion. If I was a very occasional fan I doubt I would trust these signs any more to see when there is a game on. :roll:

Are we still doing the match day posters? perhaps the club could collect addresses and post these out to anyone who would be prepared to put these up? Any form of guerilla advertising should definitely be done!
Wild Bill

Re: Why we only got 2100 on Saturday

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 pm

that was a bumper crowd bill, heavily boosted by loads of people from oxford :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby hoooti » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Wouldnt a simple weekly NEED TO DO TICKLIST solve this problem?

I think it shows the lack of organisation behind the scenes.

Missed opportunities = Missed business

Perhaps a quality review from top to bottom is needed.
hoooti

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:26 pm

get real, soz, most people who are interested know who we are playing week to week.
mrpotatohead

Postby hoooti » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:31 pm

You dont runa business then do you Mr potato head.

I agree most interested people will know who you are playing but what about the ones that dont. And you should never miss an opportunity.

Out of date signage = bad management somewhere!
hoooti

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:37 pm

I have been in business for 21 years hoooti, same local business started and still running, not pulling up any trees but keeps myself and my family in a reasonable life.
mrpotatohead

Postby hoooti » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:44 pm

Well done Mr P. respect to you.

But i i still fell it doesnt take a lot to ensure that the signage is changed.

If you advertised wrong info what would you do!
hoooti

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:12 pm

The sign situation was talked about last night , can't be arsed to go into detail now but for h&s reasons the Club can't touch the sign at Skerton
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:14 pm

marky No.1 wrote:The sign situation was talked about last night , can't be arse hoof into detail now but for h&s reasons the Club can't touch the sign

haha you should have been a diplomat :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby stevanshrimp » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:46 pm

marky No.1 wrote:The sign situation was talked about last night , can't be arsed to go into detail now but for h&s reasons the Club can't touch the sign at Skerton

So the people that can should get a rocket up their arse :evil:
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:50 pm

stevanshrimp wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:The sign situation was talked about last night , can't be arsed to go into detail now but for h&s reasons the Club can't touch the sign at Skerton

So the people that can should get a rocket up their arse :evil:

Well apparently he has had 3 rockets but the blue touch paper is slightly damp!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:53 pm

that sign at skerton , the sign at asda tescos or wherever do nothing, lancaster have the sign that is always up to date where :?:

answers on here , prize for the winner :?:
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:55 pm

go to your allotment and grow some spuds tonight
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Its cheaper to buy them at the graveyard next to lancaster road school :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby stevanshrimp » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:26 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Its cheaper to buy them at the graveyard next to lancaster road school :lol:

Not funny :!:
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:36 pm

no, but as a regular customer there nearly 40 years i am entitled to my opinion.
mrpotatohead

Postby Joel Ninety » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:39 pm

Somebody just get up a bloody ladder and sort it. F H & S.
Joel Ninety

Postby Morecambe FC » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Was going to have this rant a few days ago, but forgot to post! :roll:

Went passed Skerton Bridge on Tuesday night and we still had the Aldershot game up from the previous week. Not great but pretty typical. One or two fans may had even gone down that night expecting a game! :oops:

Drove past the Globe on Thursday (I think?) and they are still advertising the Aldershot game. Really no excuses as dozens of staff and club officials would have walked or drove past these signs. I doubt you even need a sign to change these.

When crowds are dropping to worrying levels I would have thought the club would be right on top of these forms of promotion. If I was a very occasional fan I doubt I would trust these signs any more to see when there is a game on. :roll:

Are we still doing the match day posters? perhaps the club could collect addresses and post these out to anyone who would be prepared to put these up? Any form of guerilla advertising should definitely be done!

It has been a long time since I read this forum or posted, after the meeting last night and game tonight I thought I would have a quick look. It didn't take long to spot assumptions of bad practice, that if left would have been sworn as the truth in another 5 posts.

The board at Skerton doesn't belong to the Football Club. We have an arrangement with a 3rd party who keeps it updated, unfortunately he was away on holiday between the Aldershot and Oxford games and was let down by the person who he arranged to stand in for him.

Both fixture Boards at the Globe Arena were changed on the Thursday morning following the Aldershot game, again this is done by a 3rd party, we are not sign writers, it was hoped that the work could have been done on the Wednesday, you know the day following Aldershot, but it wasn't possible until the Thursday morning. this still gave the passing traffic a full 9 days, to notice a game was taking place on the 19th.

I hope that clears up the confusion, should you notice anything amiss in the future please don't hesitate to call the Club directly or email commercial@morecambefc.com

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:59 pm

The board on the back of the bus has been changed for the Southend game ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:05 am

Morecambe FC wrote:It has been a long time since I read this forum or posted...

With due respect genuinely intended, I hope it isn't a long time before you read & post again! I have frequently written that people shouldn't take this forum seriously and that half of what is written is rubbish and not representative of the majority BUT it is read by a huge number of people, most of them Morecambe fans, so this is a key opertunity for the club to communicate with the fans.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:14 am

Morecambe FC wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Was going to have this rant a few days ago, but forgot to post! :roll:

It has been a long time since I read this forum or posted, after the meeting last night and game tonight I thought I would have a quick look. It didn't take long to spot assumptions of bad practice, that if left would have been sworn as the truth in another 5 posts.

The board at Skerton doesn't belong to the Football Club. We have an arrangement with a 3rd party who keeps it updated, unfortunately he was away on holiday between the Aldershot and Oxford games and was let down by the person who he arranged to stand in for him.

Both fixture Boards at the Globe Arena were changed on the Thursday morning following the Aldershot game, again this is done by a 3rd party, we are not sign writers, it was hoped that the work could have been done on the Wednesday, you know the day following Aldershot, but it wasn't possible until the Thursday morning. this still gave the passing traffic a full 9 days, to notice a game was taking place on the 19th.

I hope that clears up the confusion, should you notice anything amiss in the future please don't hesitate to call the Club directly or email commercial@morecambefc.com

Commercial dept.

Please will you sack Sammy. Thanks Sammy H
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion