It seems

It seems

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:42 pm

To me our club is hell bent in stopping in leaugue 2 permanently,we havnt got the fan base to go up and if at one point we go back to non league this club will be finished.............
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: It seems

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:48 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:To me our club is hell bent in stopping in leaugue 2 permanently,we havnt got the fan base to go up and if at one point we go back to non league this club will be finished.............

No, this club will not be finished if we ever ger relegated, that's just silly speak.
We will bounce back, and will probably come back with a bigger fan base, loads of clubs have gone down then, eventually, returned.
morecambe mick

Postby ockers » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:54 pm

I think the recent signings need to be given a chance
they have experience and quality
Scott Brown must be in with a shout of a start and give us some bite in midfield
with Holdsworth coming in I can only think Pazza will step back to centre back which to be fair in last couple of games weve given away silly goals.
Hurst should come in on the right and we have Spencer to look forward to tomorrow night
On paper we look good for a win tomorrow night and im really looking forward to seeing that
the chairman has ambitions for league one football and has said so publicly
As supporters we have to get behind the team, back the club and manager to make the right decisions to get us safely steered into a good position this season.
IMHO We've no reason to panic with out previous track record in this league
ockers

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:01 pm

I think the recent signings need to be given a chance

At whos expence???and who is to say they are better than our curent players???
shrimpnsave

Postby broadwayshrimp » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:03 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:who is to say they are better than our curent players???

that's why you've got to give them a chance
broadwayshrimp

Postby ockers » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:06 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:I think the recent signings need to be given a chance

Well surely you need to watch them play before you can make an assumption theyre not better?
Craig Stanley is now on loan so whoever steps in will need to perform and lets hope that person does just that
imho Stanley was very poor at stevenage and hereford and created little, perhaps thats whats needed in midfield some more creativity and solidity when needed
must admit im surprised at the news but the manager knows far more about football than I do
so lets see what happens but please lets not have any nonsense about the clubs ambition and relegation talk...
ockers

Postby Duffman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:16 pm

ockers wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:I think the recent signings need to be given a chance

Well surely you need to watch them play before you can make an assumption theyre not better?

Has anyone watched them before they signed for us? Holdsworth has played 15 games in 18 months, when was his last game?

ockers wrote:Craig Stanley is now on loan so whoever steps in will need to perform and lets hope that person does just that
imho Stanley was very poor at stevenage and hereford and created little, perhaps thats whats needed in midfield some more creativity and solidity when needed

Granted he's played poorly recently but now Duffy has gone he's got more assists to his name than anyone else. We're seriously lacking goals and in the space of a couple of weeks we've lost two players who combined have assisted in 11 goals. After those two is Shuker on 3 assists and Mullin on 2, alarm bells are ringing for me.
Duffman

Postby Sammy h » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:34 pm

Where has Scott Brown been? He has been playing awesome.
Sammy h

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:35 pm

Sammy h wrote:Where has Scott Brown been? He has been playing awesome.

ill take that as a wind up :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:37 pm

That post is insulting to everyone at this club. Ambition is plentiful at this club from the management, players, directors and supporters.

We have been in the league 4 years - we have no right to be pushing for league one already. BUT the ambition to do that is there. We don't want to go down, and it certainly wouldn't be the end of us if we did.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Sammy h » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:38 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:

Why?
Sammy h

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:49 pm

Sammy h wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:

Why?

He's been average, not amazing. I would quite happily send him back to Cheltenham, he lacks vast amounts of quality
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:26 pm

MORECAMBE_RULE wrote:, he lacks vast amounts of quality

Not many have shone with any consistency this season. At least Scott scored without doubt I.M.O.the goal of the season so far
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:29 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

Not many have shone with any consistency this season. At least Scott scored without doubt I.M.O.the goal of the season so far

He reminds me of Stanners, works his socks off and looks like he wants to play for Morecambe.
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:30 pm

Sammy h wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

He reminds me of Stanners, works his socks off and looks like he wants to play for Morecambe.

yeah i 2nd that.
George Dawes

Postby marky » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:30 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:We have been in the league 4 years - we have no right to be pushing for league one already. BUT the ambition to do that is there. We don't want to go down, and it certainly wouldn't be the end of us if we did.

Of course it wouldn't be the end of the club, but we'd have jack all chance of returning to the football league, given how much money is rolling around a number of sides in the Conference these days. There are a number of ex-league clubs down there who have struggled to come back up, most of whom have much larger fan bases and much more of a league pedigree and then you have the rich boys i.e. Crawley, Fleetwood, AFC Wimbledon, Newport, etc. The only way we'd return to the league should we be relegated is by risking it all by spending and spending big.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:31 am

marky No.1 wrote:Not many have shone with any consistency this season. At least Scott scored without doubt I.M.O.the goal of the season so far

Aldershot?
If the net hadn't stopped the ball it wouldn't have touched the deck until it reached Cheltenham :)
Plain Peter

Postby Posh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:41 am

ockers wrote:I think the recent signings need to be given a chance

Couldn't agree more Sean. The new players should be given a chance.

ockers wrote:with Holdsworth coming in I can only think Pazza will step back to centre back which to be fair in last couple of games

Fair point. So which of our new players with experience and quality should we drop? The six week old or the five month old. :D
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:40 am

Heinz wrote:Aldershot?

Aye, that would be the one.

Posh wrote:
ockers wrote:I think the recent signings need to be given a chance

Couldn't agree more Sean. The new players should be given a chance.

ockers wrote:with Holdsworth coming in I can only think Pazza will step back to centre back which to be fair in last couple of games

Fair point. So which of our new players with experience and quality should we drop? The six week old or the five month old. :D

Nice to see you two have made up :lol:

I know we can guess, but I don't think there is anyone in a position to put there house on the starting line up tonight!!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Ntini » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:53 am

ockers wrote:On paper we look good for a win tomorrow night and im really looking forward to seeing that

I don't think I agree with that, Sean. On paper, and especially given past results, the fact that they're at home and the departure of Duffy, Accy would surely be the team to back, don't you think?
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby ockers » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:57 am

Ntini wrote:
ockers wrote:On paper we look good for a win tomorrow night and im really looking forward to seeing that

I don't think I agree with that, Sean. On paper, and especially given past results, the fact that they're at home and the departure of Duffy, Accy would surely be the team to back, don't you think?

home team should be favourites mate no doubt about it but i think were due a win and with the changes sammy has brought in whether a gamble or not it gives us a chance
it could go really well or spectacularly wrong(and there will be a few on here praing that happenes looking at the anti sammy hysteria) so i suppose it depends how we start the game
im always hopeful we can perform but having been there many times and seen some dire performances i know what you mean.....but.............

accy 1 morecambe 3 there ive said it ill get the stick tomorrow!!! :(
ockers

Postby Ntini » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:10 am

ockers wrote:
Ntini wrote:

home team should be favourites mate no doubt about it but i think were due a win and with the changes sammy has brought in whether a gamble or not it gives us a chance
it could go really well or spectacularly wrong(and there will be a few on here praing that happenes looking at the anti sammy hysteria) so i suppose it depends how we start the game
im always hopeful we can perform but having been there many times and seen some dire performances i know what you mean.....but.............

accy 1 morecambe 3 there ive said it ill get the stick tomorrow!!! :(

I hope you're right, Sean. I just have a bad feeling when it comes to the derby games. I'd think that a draw would be a good result for us so I'm hoping 1-1. Then at least we can move on from all this crap and start securing our place and building a team for next season.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby feelingguilty » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:04 am

Total lack of ambition - we could of had Torres or Carroll.

Get real - 10 years ago was all about how we were stuck in the conference forever. This club WILL survive any relegation because it is being sensibly run with no players on long term contracts and no financial commitments that cant be honoured.

Real challenge over next few years is not on the pitch - club needs to grow financially so it is more able to compete and sign the sort of players we are talking about. Would be interesting to see what each clubs actual playing budget is - bet ours in one of the smallest
feelingguilty

Return to General Discussion