any truth?

any truth?

Postby outsider » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:48 pm

All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Re: any truth?

Postby Christies Child » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:32 pm

IF true and he performs like Baker ..no problem.

However if he's like Carr...then?????

I expected big things of Carr but to date and sadly...?????

It's reported that a fee of £50K could be involved.

Reading some of their fans views, they seem to think that at that figure it's the WSale of the Century. Opinion suggests that £25K is about right.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:03 pm

http://supersandgrounder.blogspot.com/
Man of the match on most occasions during September BUT still a big jump to league 2. Always a very risky business. Paid off with CB but again?
nobbyshrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:05 pm

This could be the player Sammy said he has been tracking and who has "2 legs" !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Welshrimp » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:58 pm

Where's Mellow?
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby steve mfc » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:27 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:This could be the player Sammy said he has been tracking and who has "2 legs" !

I thought the player that Sammy was interested in was currently without a club, Ronaldo, Man city don't seem to want him, 32 a bit over weight, i suppose we could give him a trial :lol:
steve mfc

Postby Christies Child » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:16 am

A poster on the Southport site seems pretty confident that having spoken to Duffy that the player will be with a League 2 club come the beginning of 2009.

It could of course be another club but considering that we appear to have been watching him for some time, it's doubtful.....but you never know!

Personally I'd have mixed opinions about paying that sort of money for a Conf North player, especially as Mr T seems on the road back to his former glories.

For me, a welcome addition to the squad (but highly unlikely due to financing such a deal) would be Gillespie....but not at the expence of Michael.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:28 am

Still, though.. as I understand it (and I may not be 100% right) we are right at the limit of our salary budget. That's the amount of 'salary' we can pay to players, not the transfer fees to bring them in.

I would imagine (again, don't know for sure because, rightly, they don't bandy this sort of stuff about too freely) that some money would be available for a reasonable transfer fee for one of Sammy's targets but that doesn't get over the problem that he would have to be paid a salary each month.

I still think we would need to trim a couple off the salary bill before Sam could bring any new players in.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby John L » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:40 pm

John L

Postby Christies Child » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:47 pm

Good........a Mr T firing on all cylinders is a far more juicy prospect.

:D :D :D
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:39 am

And that's one key part of the equation. Twissy and Stanners - who we were looking to ship out to reduce the salary bill - are now both well and truly back in the fold.
We also don't know what's happening (in a permanent sense) with Carr and Yates. Until and unless one or two players (at least) are taken off our books, no new players will be coming in.

That could change if someone shows interest in a player or two - or if Southport fancy a bit of a swap deal - but that's how it stands at the moment, I believe.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:23 am

shrimper wrote:And that's one key part of the equation. Twissy and Stanners - who we were looking to ship out to reduce the salary bill - are now both well and truly back in the fold.
We also don't know what's happening (in a permanent sense) with Carr and Yates. Until and unless one or two players (at least) are taken off our books, no new players will be coming in.

That could change if someone shows interest in a player or two - or if Southport fancy a bit of a swap deal - but that's how it stands at the moment, I believe.

Much prefer to have an in form Mr T and Stanners in the team than pay a fee for some unknown at this level.

I expected big things from Carr but to date he hasn't raised his game to the level required. Duffy could be a similar case.

Sammy did hint last night that he wanted to bring in yet another loanee subject to the approval of the Chairman. No names or positions mentioned but it sounds as though whoever it is wants to come.

Gillespie?

IF somebody comes in, I just hope it's a proven player rather than someone looking to gain league experience.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:35 am

Would be good to get Gillespie in, but speaking as a Norn Iron supporter, he hasn't got much pace left in him

Added to that, we'd lose him for several weekends during the year due to international duty
campdave

Postby shrimper » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:00 am

Christies Child wrote:
shrimper wrote:And that's one key part of the equation. Twissy and Stanners - who we were looking to ship out to reduce the salary bill - are now both well and truly back in the fold.

Much prefer to have an in form Mr T and Stanners in the team than pay a fee for some unknown at this level.

I expected big things from Carr but to date he hasn't raised his game to the level required. Duffy could be a similar case.

Sammy did hint last night that he wanted to bring in yet another loanee subject to the approval of the Chairman. No names or positions mentioned but it sounds as though whoever it is wants to come.

Gillespie?

IF somebody comes in, I just hope it's a proven player rather than someone looking to gain league experience.

Of course if there were a couple of ours who Southport wanted to take on loan (paying a percentage of their wages)????? And then try to do a deal in Jan?

I don't think this has been formally dealt with yet but it would offer a solution that, perhaps, everyone could be happy with.
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Hopefully both Mr T and Stanners will continue to show Sammy that they should be part of 'the family'.

However what I find puzzling in all this, is that Sammy was delighted to have Twissy re-sign an extended contract at the back end of last season. Then come the start of this season for Twissy to be 'encouraged' to go to Bury.

Whatever the reasons are for the change in fortune of both players recently, I'm bloody glad that both are back.

As for possible loanees to Southport IF part of any deal....???????
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Christies Child wrote:Hopefully both Mr T and Stanners will continue to show Sammy that they should be part of 'the family'.

However what I find puzzling in all this, is that Sammy was delighted to have Twissy re-sign an extended contract at the back end of last season. Then come the start of this season for Twissy to be 'encouraged' to go to Bury.

Whatever the reasons are for the change in fortune of both players recently, I'm bloody glad that both are back.

As for possible loanees to Southport IF part of any deal....???????

its hard to think of anyone at Morecambe who would want to drop 2 levels to play in Conference North. Maybe the younger fringe/squad players or possibly Michael Carr if his route to Northwich has been hindered by Dino and his "gardening".
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion