New feature at tomorrow's game

New feature at tomorrow's game

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:18 pm

This is not an official communication, but a favour to the Head Chef at the Globe. :D

Taking on board peoples comments and trying to improve match day experience the catering staff have worked hard and have, finally, been given the go ahead with a trial of a meal offer.

Pie, peas, mash and gravy in a tray for £4.50.

With a choice of Chicken, Ham and Leek,
Steak and Ale,
or Chicken Balti pies, these amount to a "substantial meal".

Anyone who has eaten at the Globe Arena, or know someone who has, will be aware of the high standard of catering, these pies are handmade in the Globe Arena kitchens.

Having had a homemade Chicken Balti pie a couple of weeks back, I and Hodgy ;) , know first hand how tasty their pies are.

Unfortunately I don't think they are able to currently get these to the MBW (problems with storing at temp) for the time being. They will be on sale in the PMG, however with success they will be on sale elsewhere in the ground.

I would urge the people who have the power to be patient with this, it will be a fans favourite given time.

So come on main standers fill ya bellies to give the rest of us a chance!

I think this is proof that there are people in the club who are listening to fans and trying to improve the overall experience.
morecambe mick

Re: New feature at tomorrow's game

Postby bigreddog » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:23 pm

That's fabulous, I can smell the gravy already. I've eaten proper meals at the globe on two occasions so far and I have to say the food is of the very highest standards. haven't had a pie yet, so there's a matchday choice made for me already tomorrow.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:51 am

Thought you were going to say the team would feature at least 1 winger and 2 strikers!!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:13 am

pie n mash is good for soaking beer up! goes down well 8-)
George Dawes

Postby Morectalk » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Thought you were going to say the team would feature at least 1 winger and 2 strikers!!

Surely the miracle of the pies is enough for one day !!!
Morectalk

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:38 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Unfortunately I don't think they are able to currently get these to the MBW (problems with storing at temp) for the time being. They will be on sale in the PMG, however with success they will be on sale elsewhere in the ground.

So come on main standers fill ya bellies to give the rest of us a chance!

I think this is proof that there are people in the club who are listening to fans and trying to improve the overall experience.

While applauding this in general terms, how will "with success" lead to this food being available elsewhere? Surely it will need the correct facilities before the fans in the MBW can enjoy such food? It can be a great success or a total failure and still not become available to the fans behind the goal. And I can't recall anyone who uses the PMG complaining about the match day experience, quite the opposite, they have been universally delighted. So this further improves their match day experience while doing nothing for the fans who've got very little and are the ones feeling short-changed.

So while I'm pleased with the general idea, I can't help thinking that EVENTUALLY there will be an official statement about the catering in the MBW and what, if anything is going to be done about it.

So this is good news for those who already have great facilities, as for the MBW's... let them eat cake?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:58 pm

NO sign of the pottless pie and mash in the PMG anyway, just the usual little pies and overpriced hotdogs :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Astonishing! Went to the catering under Block D, and they told me to go over to a pleasant lady serving Morecambe Mick's Chicken Balti, mash, peas and gravy.
This is what I've been waiting all season for, some decent food.
Another supporter was tucking in to Spaghetti Bolognese in a tub, and he said it was excellent!
Well done to whoever arranged this (probably Morecambe Mick) and hope this can continue.
Now I'll take back what I said: that anyone should be able to go a couple of hours without food when watching a match. :oops:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Return to General Discussion