Ramblings of a flood affected lunatic.o/t

Ramblings of a flood affected lunatic.o/t

Postby Aspers » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:29 pm

doing this on my mobile apologies.
Arrived in Coffs Harbour just before midnight, can't go any further the next town Grafton in NSW is flooded and the Pacific Highway is closed.
No one going in' no one coming out. The drive up was unbelievable. Hardly any cars on the road and no trucks on what is 1 of the busiest truck routes in the country. Juat through Macksville and a convoy of about 40 trucks were heading South. Don't know how they got through.
I'm sure you've seen the pictures of the Brisbane River, it is slowly sinking in how catastrphic this is. Just heard Victoria in the South is getting a lashing, landslides and floods there. Planning to stay here for about 3 days if the highway is still closed I'll drive back Saturday night. I drove up in the most beautiful weather.
Brisbane river will peak in about 2 hours.
Waiting for the news when dawn breaks.
Bye for now.
Aspers

Re: Ramblings of a flood affected lunatic.o/t

Postby Aspers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:21 pm

Planning to head off on Sunday still.Hard to believe just a few hours North all that destruction and I've just spent a perfect summers day here in Coffs Harbour.
As you can imagine there is dedicated news channels and I checked the BBC and you are getting the updates pretty much same time as us.
Wally Lewis 1 of Australias greatest rugby league players and a queenslander has a statue built of him outside Suncorp Stadium, someone put a pair of swimming goggles on his statue.
Aspers

Re: Ramblings of a flood affected lunatic.o/t

Postby ALAN1540 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:59 am

Not seen u since school, daughter in Melbourne at moment and supposed to be going north to cairns at beginning of feb hopefully most routes will be open for her by then
ALAN1540

Return to General Discussion