Sunday League

Sunday League

Postby matty » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Anyone know of any Sunday League teams that are looking for players? Particularly those in the - clueless/lost what they never had/no first touch/ no second touch/ poor third touch/ can't let it go/should stay retired - style.
Its all in the hips.
matty

Re: Sunday League

Postby Loyalsupporter » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm

Depending on how old you are, there is a Friday veteran community league at the Globe Arena, might be a team who you could join, or a Sunday league for all ages

veterans - http://morecambefcsports.community.offi ... eague.aspx
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:13 pm

There used to be a great Sunday League in the Lancaster and Morecambe area up until a few years ago, when it was disbanded. For reasons I am not aware of.

Pub teams a plenty, and there were in fact FOUR divisions !!!

Can even remember going to watch a team called ECC Quarries v. Norweb on Millhead's pitch in the late 80's and seeing a certain Steve Middlesbrough in goal for Norweb !

They should get that league going again. Question is though, who would run it and administer it all these days ?? :(
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Smirnoff Please » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:16 am

Says an awful lot about your posts, seasider. that you were a watcher of sunday league football at the end of the 80's. You nmust have been a complete plank not to have got a game back then.

It never ceases to amaze me that people who have obviously never played the game, think that because they have bought "Football Manager" it allows them to believe they have an insight as to how it works on a saturday afternoon.

This forum is full of NEVER WERE as far as footballers are concerned. But I wouldn't expect the obvious to stop the spouting of complete diatribe.
Why drink singles when you can order a double.......
Smirnoff Please

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:09 am

Smirnoff Please wrote:Says an awful lot about your posts, seasider. that you were a watcher of sunday league football at the end of the 80's. You nmust have been a complete plank not to have got a game back then.

It never ceases to amaze me that people who have obviously never played the game, think that because they have bought "Football Manager" it allows them to believe they have an insight as to how it works on a saturday afternoon.

This forum is full of NEVER WERE as far as footballers are concerned. But I wouldn't expect the obvious to stop the spouting of complete diatribe.

:lol: :lol: A little harsh on Seasider? I didn't know you had to be amazing at football to have an opinion on Morecambe FC?

Looks like your the plank 'Smirnoff' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sammy h

Postby stoyles » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:19 pm

I think the sunday afternoon grass roots league is still running, not sure where they now play or how many teams are in.

have asked around but no replies as yet
stoyles

Postby Morectalk » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Smirnoff Please wrote:Says an awful lot about your posts, seasider. that you were a watcher of sunday league football at the end of the 80's. You nmust have been a complete plank not to have got a game back then.

You are the plank Smirnoff!! I fall into the same bracket as I was a fat lad, well into the beer and junk food, and never played sunday league football. Then I got to 30, realised I had missed out, lost the weight, got fit, and still play football every week. I may not be so good, but I love it. 8-)

You don't have to play a sport to have an opinion on it - you are obviously a knob.
Morectalk

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:55 pm

stoyles wrote:I think the sunday afternoon grass roots league is still running, not sure where they now play or how many teams are in.

have asked around but no replies as yet

It stopped this year Pat, I wouldn't mind finding a Sunday team either...
Sammy h

Postby Richard Head » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:18 pm

The highlight of my career was a Sunday League cup final appearance at Christie Park in the late 80's. The lowlight was 2 cup final appearances at Giant Axe the same season :D
Richard Head

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Sammy h wrote:

:lol: :lol: A little harsh on Seasider? I didn't know you had to be amazing at football to have an opinion on Morecambe FC?

Looks like your the plank 'Smirnoff' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Sammy and Morectalk. Was just wondering actually how Smirnoff doesn't know that I am either a) disabled b) blind in one eye c) grossly overweight d) one legged e) one leg longer than the other by far that means I can only run around in circles ????!!!!!!!!! Don't recall ever saying i WANTED a game in the Sunday League, preferring to watch !!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Are you any of those?
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion