Latest From Sammy Ahead Of Shrewsbury

Latest From Sammy Ahead Of Shrewsbury

Postby The Bay » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 am

The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Latest From Sammy Ahead Of Shrewsbury

Postby Naylz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:34 am

Naylz

Postby mfcbro » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:05 pm

We will be able to field a full team of centre backs shortly.Another dig at the fans again i noticed.
mfcbro

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:11 pm

mfcbro wrote:We will be able to field a full team of centre backs shortly.Another dig at the fans again i noticed.

can't say I blame him if he reads this forum and sees some of the comments.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Duffman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:39 pm

I've not heard the interview yet as I'm at work but this negative publicity really frustrates me. This week we had a rare article on the BBC, the topic: "I almost quit". Today he's on the Bay and has another dig at the fans. Last season when we got into the play-offs, he had a dig at the fans on Radio Lancashire. At the End of an Era awards night, he had a dig at the fans when it was supposed to be a huge celebration and reflection on the history of the club.

Fans will always criticise even when the team is doing well, but surely after all these years in management he should know that. We need to use the media to help boost local interest and attendances.
Duffman

Postby Bare Ben » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 pm

For as long as somebody criticizes sammy, im happy for him to continue to criticize them.
Bare Ben

Postby Duffman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:51 pm

But if a minority of fans criticise Sammy and then Sammy criticises the collective, is that right? Is it right that given airtime on the radio he feels it's necessary to do so?
Duffman

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:11 pm

going by comments he made he definitely reads shrimpsvoices..
George Dawes

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Doubt it.
chrise27007mk2

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:20 pm

chrise27007mk2 wrote:Doubt it.

and whys that then smart arse ?
George Dawes

Postby Bare Ben » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Duffman wrote:But if a minority of fans criticise Sammy and then Sammy criticises the collective, is that right? Is it right that given airtime on the radio he feels it's necessary to do so?

He doesn't criticise the collective though, he just says "some" fans. And you can't expect him to come on here and defend himself from the rubbish.
Bare Ben

Postby parkyboy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:56 pm

Dont throw critisism unless you can stand it coming back at you
parkyboy

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Brilliant, we've got a kid in from the Southern League from an Agent. What a shock, can't get him in the league from any other 91 league clubs in between the other 200 miles between there and here but we're a soft touch and we'll pay them a fortune. Marvellous.

Kieron Charnock, excellent signing, known to the club though, hardly a coup.

Cambridge, Histon and Kidderminster Harriers are all in financial strife. Crawley have spent big on players and get bored of them after 15 minutes. Wouldn't we be best getting their best players before anyone else gets a look in rather than wait for agents to tout them round the more fashionable clubs before we get anywhere near them?

Lewis Chalmers, former Altrincham and Aldershot player, looking for a move up north, young, combative midfielder with pace and a long throw, won't be on big bucks.

New Preston manager who has connections to Blackburn. Hell, Blackburn used to have their reserves at our place, lets see what they've got and what they might want to give us. Probably young pacy players desperate for a chance lower down the pyramid, get themselves in the shop window before their contract runs out?

Perhaps we might get in and use our league status before Fleetwood no doubt hoover them all up?

I hope I'm surprised over the next few weeks over the other signings.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Duffman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
Duffman wrote:But if a minority of fans criticise Sammy and then Sammy criticises the collective, is that right? Is it right that given airtime on the radio he feels it's necessary to do so?

He doesn't criticise the collective though, he just says "some" fans. And you can't expect him to come on here and defend himself from the rubbish.

Exactly, it's rubbish, so why talk about it in the press? I just think that given the opportunity when talking to the press he could use it to encourage supporters (& players for that matter) and talk about the positives. Not only that but as a fan, when I listen to interviews I want to hear about the next/previous game and his analysis. He doesn't need to defend himself in public via the press, let the football do the talking. Football fans are fickle, if we win a few games the "rubbish" will stop.
Duffman

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:13 pm

No idea why Sammy is taking a centre back on trial! We already have Haining, Parrish, Charnock, Bentley and McCready. However, this could be and indication that Haining is leaving :o :cry: ! We don't need centre backs! We need an attacking midfielder and a striker that really gets into the box.
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:No idea why Sammy is taking a centre back on trial! We already have Haining, Parrish, Charnock, Bentley and McCready. However, this could be and indication that Haining is leaving :o :cry: ! We don't need centre backs! We need an attacking midfielder and a striker that really gets into the box.

your probably right with regarding Will Haining on his way out and plus i cant see Jim Bentley carrying on as a player next season so maybe getting this lad on trial is justifiable
George Dawes

Postby Sammy h » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Definitely reads this forums.

Cannot believe we are after a centre back, get a striker you idiot!!!!
Sammy h

Postby N Saban » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:33 pm

I could understand looking at a young centre back if it was a priority but surely any budget we do have should go a striker!!!!!!!!! As for yet another dig at the fans it is what sammy does best....... he has always done it and he seems suprised that it doesn't actually endear him to the fans and that is why he gets so much stick. We have been short changed on several things this season the ground, the communication from the club and most importantly the football so we are entitled to moan because we pay our money! we all whats best for the club.... he just needs to pay more attention sometimes!!
N Saban

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:43 pm

We pay the money, he gets the money; we have the right to moan :twisted:
Little Shrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:58 pm

We give him stick, he takes the stick, he has a right to give it back ;)
Bare Ben

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:31 pm

For what it's worth I didn't find anything in the managers comments that was being directly critical of the fans. He's also entitled to take as many players on trial (even this young centre half ;) ) as he wants, although I would prefer his efforts where directed at getting a speedy striker in but of course he could / should be working behind the scenes on doing just that.

I'm probably one of the most critical of fans regarding our manager but as I've already suggested, nothing in that interview which I and other critics could really take him to task on.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Posh » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Bare Ben wrote:We give him stick, he takes the stick, he has a right to give it back ;)

Sorry but that's nonsense. If your in a position of authority with access to the media you don't give stick to those people who are there to support you and who could make a difference whether you keep your job or not. You don't hear Nick Clegg saying, 'voters just don't get it' or 'I'm disappointed with some of the voters'. And you don't hear the Chairman of Sainsbury's saying 'I'm disappointed with some of my staff'. No they try to win people over and encourage them. Duffbeerman is absolutely right, the relentless negative stuff about fans is pisspoor and he needs to learn to rise above it. At the end of the day fans help pay the wages and you don't alienate your best customers.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby MfcChris » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:02 pm

Christies Child wrote:For what it's worth I didn't find anything in the managers comments that was being directly critical of the fans. He's also entitled to take as many players on trial (even this young centre half ;) ) as he wants, although I would prefer his efforts where directed at getting a speedy striker in but of course he could / should be working behind the scenes on doing just that.

I'm probably one of the most critical of fans regarding our manager but as I've already suggested, nothing in that interview which I and other critics could really take him to task on.

His comments about home supporters who critisise him and what he does were specifically aimed at you. ;)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:18 pm

yeah neil, you, but do not worry, when posters on here with an interest in the financial success of the globe start to semi question sammy, that would be interesting :lol: :lol:

bowchikawowow
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Caged Lion » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:17 pm

We all give it our best shot, if the team turn up and do the same we don't complain.

We pay for the pleasure and they are paid for the pleasure (or whatever you want to call the tripe dished up sometimes).

Most of us will still be supporting the team when the players and current management set up are gone. We will still be encouraging Morecambe FC whilst the current players and management will have transferred their allegiance to some other club without much of a thought for us.

So if Sammy wants our continued respect he will have to get results, show some desire and make the players knuckle down. Pointless criticising us lot, we sing and support at every game. Post game discussion is normal and expressing a negative viewpoint is ok as long as it isn't abuse. Why shouldn't we expect more when we are told that the current squad is 'the best ever', if the best ever take us back to the Conference they won't be remembered as 'the best ever squad in the club's history'.

Despite that mouthful I still think Sammy Mac will keep us in the League and we will finish in the top half.

So not wanting to continue the petted lip theme ...

SAMMY MAC'S BARMY ARMY
come on Block CC!!!!!!!!!
SAMMY MAC'S BARMY ARMY
again!
SAMMY MAC'S BARMY ARMY
SAMMY MAC'S BARMY ARMY

That's should do it. Does that feel better Sammy?
Caged Lion

Next

Return to General Discussion