Sammy Nearly Quit...

Sammy Nearly Quit...

Postby Lloydie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Lloydie

Re: Sammy Nearly Quit...

Postby MfcChris » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:49 pm

Why say all this?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Ntini » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:52 pm

It does seem a strange thing to come out and say. Personally, I'd have kept it to myself as it doesn't give the fans any more confidence in him. I imagine that those who wanted him out will now have fuel for the fire by saying that he doesn't really want to be here anymore.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby steve mfc » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Don't think its strange he is just being honest, its hardly surprising he has felt this way most managers probably feel the same in this position, personally i don't have any problem with what he has said.
steve mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Let's trash the away dressing room! His heart is on his sleeve, I like that. Some people don't always understand that football managers are actually human and to have to take their job home with 'em can't be good for digesting the turkey. I'm surprised Roy Hodgson is still walking t.b.h.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Moose » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:19 pm

So... "The players have given me everything."
Does that mean the players aren't up to scratch?
Is that an admission that tactics and formation have been wrong then?
It's either that or the players haven't actually been giving everything...
Moose

Postby Bryan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:40 pm

I thought it was common knowledge that he offered to resign earlier in the season. Not really news to most Shrimps fans. Judge him on results. As you would any manager. Sammy knows that.

Results have'nt been good enough this season.

Wish he would just let the younger players who played against Stockport gel now. They looked comfortbale with each other. Time to move on into a new era. Had enough of these journeyman types he's obsessed with.
Bryan

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Bryan wrote:I thought it was common knowledge that he offered to resign earlier in the season. Not really news to most Shrimps fans. Judge him on results. As you would any manager. Sammy knows that.

Results have'nt been good enough this season.

Wish he would just let the younger players who played against Stockport gel now. They looked comfortbale with each other. Time to move on into a new era. Had enough of these journeyman types he's obsessed with.

Only to those who read SV some might not know that.
heysham_mfc

Postby bigreddog » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:18 pm

I think Sammy is rightly reflecting on the spate of knee jerk sackings for his fellow managers this season and makes some fair if brutally honest points about our season so far, our preparation in pre-season, and the transition to the new ground, I especially like his comment about opposition teams liking to come here, and that it's like playing an away game every week.

A wonderfuly honest and straight forward interview. Personally I loved it.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:33 pm

Respect for the honest and somewhat emotional sounding interview of our manager.

He may not be my choice, but I accept what he says and sincerely hope that he, along with his managment team and players turn our season around. I support our club first and foremost and only want to see us up where we belong in League 2. If Sammy and Co achieve that, then they will have my thanks and that of concerned others I'm sure.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby parceldave » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:52 pm

bigreddog wrote:I think Sammy is rightly reflecting on the spate of knee jerk sackings for his fellow managers this season and makes some fair if brutally honest points about our season so far, our preparation in pre-season, and the transition to the new ground, I especially like his comment about opposition teams liking to come here, and that it's like playing an away game every week.

A wonderfuly honest and straight forward interview. Personally I loved it.

I would hardly call the sacking of the Barnet & Stockport managers knee-jerk Darren having only won a few games in six bladdy months. :o
parceldave

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:41 pm

I wonder which Premiership club manager he was talking too?

Clue in that the club moved to a new stadium?

Let's hope that it was to discusss the loan or even signing of a speedy striker?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:59 pm

A whippet from the Emirates might work I suppose ad they do play a similar game to us. At least they would feel at home wearing our kit.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby jonnythedog » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Just to clarify though, we'll take anyone but Bentner. :lol:
jonnythedog

Postby fletch_al » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:11 pm

I think this is in response to all the talk that he tried to quit. I heard that he had tried to resign twice now but has been refused by the board. Maybe he wanted to speak out a kill the rumours that he had given up

Sounds to me like he had a moment of dispair and is explaining his actions and wanting to put a lid on it
fletch_al

Postby Ntini » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:56 am

fletch_al wrote:I think this is in response to all the talk that he tried to quit. I heard that he had tried to resign twice now but has been refused by the board. Maybe he wanted to speak out a kill the rumours that he had given up

Sounds to me like he had a moment of dispair and is explaining his actions and wanting to put a lid on it

But to me, it looks like he HAS given up WANTING to be here. Reading between the lines I think he has realised that he's taken us as far as he can and so things have gone a bit flat this season. I admire his honesty, but I don't like the fact that the manager of my club has tried to throw the towel in twice (allegedly) this season when things aren't going so well.

He's built himself up this season with what he called (and what I agreed is) the best squad we've had at Morecambe. I'd have therefore hoped that he'd be the first one to stand by his plan and keep on going regardless of whether fans are wanting his head or not.

I know it's tough being a manager and that you can't please everyone, but I have to say this has left me disappointed.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Return to General Discussion