This Country has gone bananas

This Country has gone bananas

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:06 am

Graeme McDowell and Howard Webb have both been included in the Queens New Years Honours list. Why is there such a clamour to bestow what should be highly prestigious titles upon people who have achieved relatively little and or done well in sport? Yes, they have done fantastic in their chosen fields, but come on, it's hardly Rorke's Drift or Agincourt. It completely devalues the whole point in having an honours list IMO. Sir Alex Ferguson??? Francis Drake must be spinning in his grave. Howard Webb wasn't even in the BBC sports personality of the year candidates. What a joke. I won't be buying William and Kate Middleton porcelain tea set when they are married later next year, [edit: removed a naughty word that would only be posted because it was gone 2am and alcohol would have been involved. But it's Christmas, so in the festive spirit I'll let it go and not draw attention to it].
RedRedWine1

Re: This Country has gone bananas

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:16 am

Know where you are coming from there, but the World Cup final could have been carnage if Mr Webb hadn't been in charge. As you say don't think that is fitting for an extra medal. Maybe an M.S.E. would be more appropriate
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:20 am

marky No.1 wrote:Know where you are coming from there, but the World Cup final could have been carnage if Mr Webb hadn't been in charge. As you say don't think that is fitting for an extra medal. Maybe an M.S.E. would be more appropriate

I thought mr Webb swam the channel some time ago :shock:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:23 am

shrimpnsave wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Know where you are coming from there, but the World Cup final could have been carnage if Mr Webb hadn't been in charge. As you say don't think that is fitting for an extra medal. Maybe an M.S.E. would be more appropriate

I thought mr Webb swam the channel some time ago :shock:

That would be a Match made in heaven
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:55 am

marky No.1 wrote:

That was so bad I should strike it from the forum...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:04 am

Keith wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

That was so bad I should strike it from the forum...

Try and think outside of the box Keith ....... !
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby scalehallshrimp » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:32 am

absolute farce,all they are doing is their job for which they are well paid,it is the people who put thier head above the parapet and do wonders in the voluntary sector and no money involved who I really value.They deserve the proper awards
scalehallshrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:35 am

Even more laughable is the fact that the Chairman (or CEO) of British Airways has got a gong too !!!

Even after all the farce over his striking staff this year etc etc !!!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Return to General Discussion