Redshaw to blackpool

Re: Redshaw to blackpool

Postby Gnasher » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:31 am

A Morecambe FC statement said: “The club can confirm that (Blackpool chairman) Karl Oyston spoke to (Morecambe chairman) Peter McGuigan regarding a transfer fee for Jack Redshaw.

Turning it down should really wind KO up and he's only got another 36 hours to come back with a better offer. His 6 week ban for calling a supporter "a massive retard", among other things, starts Wednesday.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:16 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:
goneshrimping wrote:
George Dawes wrote:it's a legal binding contract, they would have to pay.

He'll find a way if he thought he could and doesn't give a monkeys about anything anymore. See the Nile Ranger situation for more evidence on that, a victory for quite literaly no-one.

I'd be avoiding Blackpool like the plague. Club in freefall and turmoil, and I think the Redshaw family saw through the Peterborough nonsense and I think they'll see through this.

From what I know of Blackpool, their basic wage will probably be lower than what he's on with us, he'll only earn if he's playing.

Given he's made of balsa wood, that alone would mean I'd not be one for going to the Tangerines.

Can you back that up with evidence of Jack's current wage to the players at Blackpool? I can see him being offered a lot more than with us even though Blackpool have gone down hill recently. They get better home attendances than us even with all the problems at the club. One way or other some club will offer good terms to Jack.

It's not cast iron evidence that would stand up anywhere, but from what I'm told, you're on minimum wage until you actually kick a football on a Saturday at which point, you'd be on a good amount of money, and almost certainly more than what he's on now. Given his history with injuries, probably not a good idea to go for it.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:28 pm

Jack will probably have talked to Tom about life at Blackpool. Even if Oyston offered us an amount that PMG accepted, he'd still know better than to sign for them.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:36 pm

Keith wrote:Jack will probably have talked to Tom about life at Blackpool. Even if Oyston offered us an amount that PMG accepted, he'd still know better than to sign for them.

Life has changed there, they've got an actual team and are actually appearing to take football seriously again, but even still.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:38 pm

The Marksman wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:What would be better...selling jack for £200k or keeping him which could be the key in our promotion push this year were going up would see us get a lot more prize money than that ?

Selling Jack for £200k. League Two winners prize money is £25k.

Do you honestly think going up this season would only be worth £25k :shock:

The gates would increase due more home fans an bigger away crowds as the clubs support in L1 is a lot better than L2 so could easily see an extra 1500 most home games straight away. We'd get at least one live game on sky so keeping redshaw for a year and gaining promotion would be worth more than selling for £250k. Then he might decide to stay if we went up. As I say it's all ifs an buts but that's what I'd do if I was Jim and the board.
Kendalshrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:25 pm

goneshrimping wrote:
Keith wrote:Jack will probably have talked to Tom about life at Blackpool. Even if Oyston offered us an amount that PMG accepted, he'd still know better than to sign for them.

Life has changed there, they've got an actual team and are actually appearing to take football seriously again, but even still.

Hardly a stable, nurturing, developing environment though. For their fans, I hope it has changed, but they need to play a few games to show it. And the chairman is still the chairman.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby The Marksman » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:25 am

Kendalshrimp wrote:
The Marksman wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:What would be better...selling jack for £200k or keeping him which could be the key in our promotion push this year were going up would see us get a lot more prize money than that ?

Selling Jack for £200k. League Two winners prize money is £25k.

Do you honestly think going up this season would only be worth £25k :shock:

The gates would increase due more home fans an bigger away crowds as the clubs support in L1 is a lot better than L2 so could easily see an extra 1500 most home games straight away. We'd get at least one live game on sky so keeping redshaw for a year and gaining promotion would be worth more than selling for £250k. Then he might decide to stay if we went up. As I say it's all ifs an buts but that's what I'd do if I was Jim and the board.

The £200k would be in the hand, now. Your money is purely conjecture dependent on actually getting promotion, which is pretty unlikely. In League One, our wage bill would increase, swallowing that extra money you're talking about - all in exchange for a long hard season of mainly getting beaten every week. So I'll stick with my preference.
The Marksman

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:27 am

agree! , plus of course, jacks average over 3 seasons so far is 11. 65 goals a season,charlie austin and ingsy did better than that in the prem and their clubs both went down!

you dont gamble 250k now, for a slightly possible 300k in a years time iof you have any common sense at all do you?
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Freez » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:13 am

I agree with both sides of the argument, I can see the merits in selling or sticking with him.
However it would appear that the club on one hand are, according to some, are lacking ambition and drive to get out of this division and settling for survival every season and that just isn't enough and you can shove buying a season ticket.
OR sod trying to build a team capable of competing up the top but should cash in on every opportunity on any player we can get money for!!

What happened to quietly strengthening on a budget and seeing how things go before making any decisions. What happened to what Jack Redshaw wants and what he thinks is best for him??

Peterborough offered our asking price and decent money yet still he didn't go?

Blackpool as yet have not increased there offer. So Jack is Shrimp until something, if anything, happens.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:39 am

The Marksman wrote:[

The £200k would be in the hand, now. Your money is purely conjecture dependent on actually getting promotion, which is pretty unlikely. In League One, our wage bill would increase, swallowing that extra money you're talking about - all in exchange for a long hard season of mainly getting beaten every week. So I'll stick with my preference.

Thats what I like to here a positive attitude before we have kicked a ball. ;) We don't know how the season is going to pan out for starters until christmas or just after. We may have a shocking season or we may have learned from last year & improve & snatch a play off spot. Our wage bill would increase but also our attendances would increase due to how many local teams their currently is in league 1. Until we have been their we don't know what the outcome would be. Many teams struggle in league 1 financially unless you have a big fan base. I would rather us give it a go & play some of the big teams than just keep on looking at the 50 mark barrier to stay up. It may bring some of the followers back when we first got promoted & may not but worth trying every avenue. Jack we either keep and take a chance to see if it pays off or he is sold before he is out of contract, unless Jim offers him another deal after the outcome of this season.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:47 am

It would have been interesting to hear Jack's take on all this speculation about Blackpool.

It could well be that he and his father have decided that Blackpool is not the right club for him and who could blame him for that. There is a very good chance that they will be in League 2 next season so the only advantage to Jack could have been a financial one but I suspect that money isn't the main force driving Jack onto better things....
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:35 am

Blackpool Supporters Trust tabling a £16m bid to buy the club from KO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33409390
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby halftimeresults » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:13 pm

I guy on league 2 banter reckons that someone else is joining Blackpool from the shrimps but it's not Redshaw :o
halftimeresults

Postby Posh » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:41 pm

By all accounts our largest ever annual loss last year. While we want to build a creditable team and squad, even one capable of promotion, we'll be doing that on a small tight budget and, if the right offer comes along, we're a selling club.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:47 pm

As much as I want to keep all our present squad, the truth is that we have to sell our,assets to survive. Redshaw and Edwards,are players who could move on and give the club a windfall no matter how small it may be.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby black morse » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:25 pm

Christies Child wrote:As much as I want to keep all our present squad, the truth is that we have to sell our,assets to survive. Redshaw and Edwards,are players who could move on and give the club a windfall no matter how small it may be.

I can see the argument but sell those 2 and don't expect to be in with a chance of the play offs.There's one or two on here will want it both ways.
black morse

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:58 pm

black morse wrote:
Christies Child wrote:As much as I want to keep all our present squad, the truth is that we have to sell our,assets to survive. Redshaw and Edwards,are players who could move on and give the club a windfall no matter how small it may be.

I can see the argument but sell those 2 and don't expect to be in with a chance of the play offs.There's one or two on here will want it both ways.

Some will say the cash won't go back into the squad if we sell both in this window. We probably won't pay a fee to replace them so it's likely that we will only get replacements not as good. I personally hope we keep both and show some ambition. But if the board can get £400k for both Ryan an jack that would more or less clear what we was in the red last year. I don't think we've been in a position for a long time were two of our best players are under contract and attracting interest from bigger clubs so maybe the board will be thinking this is the time for them to make some money and balance the books. Sad for us but that's the reality of supporting a club like ours !
Kendalshrimp

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:10 am

Posh wrote:By all accounts our largest ever annual loss last year. While we want to build a creditable team and squad, even one capable of promotion, we'll be doing that on a small tight budget and, if the right offer comes along, we're a selling club.

In a nutshell, that.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:38 am

Mr Oyston has started his 6 week complete ban from all football activities as of today.
Seasider9601

Postby Freez » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:54 am

Any player anywhere is for sale for the right money, look at Man Ure trying to hold on to De Gea?

As it stands there are no credible offers for anyone in our squad that we know of!!

Wait and see is the only sensible thing! :roll:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 am

there you go ' the party line' , for now!
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:32 am

oh, and oystons 'ban' totally irrelelevant, it's going to be business as usual.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:43 am

Jimbo says his football factory is worth a million quid - the clock is ticking

http://m.lep.co.uk/sport/bentley-s-buil ... -1-7346337
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Shrimpy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Blackpool have made another bid for Jack.
Shrimpy

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:06 pm

Seasider9601

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion