Sammy PLEASE consider your future.

Re: Sammy PLEASE consider your future.

Postby morecambegeek » Sun May 01, 2011 9:13 am

My point being whilst we may have offered someone like Thommo a shorter term contract because that's all he wanted to sign. Personally, I'm glad the club offered him a one year contract he did sign than a two year one he didn't. Once they become our "better players" their agents will be looking for the best for them, and what is best for them is probably not best for Morecambe.

The club have tried to offer longer term contracts to some players who have looked good on paper, but that has worked out badly for the club, but we don't have the benefit of hindsight when making these offers.
morecambegeek

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon May 02, 2011 8:40 am

As I said a bit back, I think the best thing to do would be for the board and Mr. McIlroy to part ways before the game on Saturday and for us to applaud him and thank him for his work over the last 4/5 years.

Everythings been said and done, we need a fresh face and a fresh approach, thanks for everything you've done.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Morectalk » Mon May 02, 2011 8:46 am

goneshrimping wrote:As I said a bit back, I think the best thing to do would be for the board and Mr. McIlroy to part ways before the game on Saturday and for us to applaud him and thank him for his work over the last 4/5 years.

Everythings been said and done, we need a fresh face and a fresh approach, thanks for everything you've done.

I couldn't agree more.
Morectalk

Postby AlphaShrimp » Mon May 02, 2011 8:53 am

Couldn't disagree more
AlphaShrimp

Postby Morectalk » Mon May 02, 2011 9:04 am

AlphaShrimp wrote:Couldn't disagree more

"Better the devil you know"..."he's done so much for the club"...etc etc...ha ha ha - no.
Morectalk

Postby marky » Mon May 02, 2011 9:14 am

Optimist wrote:Yep, just like you then, waiting for McIlroy to fail whilst sharpening your knives. You want our manager to fail and then you criticise. Bring back JH then, FFS

Errr, no. My argument has always been consistent. More than happy for the club to stick with Sammy McIlroy when he's getting the desired results (I even said earlier that people will put up with the boring style of football if it gets us somewhere) but I've always felt that his failings as a manager would hurt him and us eventually. All managers at this level have deficiencies, but Sammy's include a recruitment policy that is killing the soul of the club. I mean, honestly, there's a maximum of 2 of his intake over the course of this season that we can really say have proved successful - Fleming and possibly McCready. That's an appalling success rate at any level. Incidentally, I certainly wouldn't want Jim Harvey back at the club. Not ever.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby ezz » Mon May 02, 2011 11:06 am

marky wrote:Errr, no. My argument has always been consistent

Yup, your argument is that you hate Sammy.....that's as consistant as you can get. Everything else is based on that dislike
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby parkyboy » Mon May 02, 2011 3:58 pm

If you go Sammy "thanks" If you stay you need the best of luck to survive
parkyboy

Postby marky » Mon May 02, 2011 4:09 pm

ezz wrote:Yup, your argument is that you hate Sammy.....that's as consistant as you can get. Everything else is based on that dislike

I don't hate Sammy. Far from it. I dislike his style of management, the way he goes about recruiting players, his preference for lower league journeymen and the way he usually sets his teams up to play, which apart from when we're in exceptionally good form is often pretty boring to watch. My feelings towards Sammy McIlroy and my wish for him to leave the club are not personal and never were.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon May 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Whatever peoples views on the manager are we should all set behind him and show our support on Saturday after all it could be his last game in charge of Morecambe.
heysham_mfc

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:15 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Whatever peoples views on the manager are we should all set behind him and show our support on Saturday after all it could be his last game in charge of Morecambe.

Agreed. Let's go out on a high.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:18 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Whatever peoples views on the manager are we should all set behind him and show our support on Saturday after all it could be his last game in charge of Morecambe.

Be sure to pass on my regards won't you ;)
HALMA 1983

Previous

Return to General Discussion