Take your p45 Sammy and just go

Re: Take your p45 Sammy and just go

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Back to the topic, I think it is still far too soon to be pressing the red button marked 'panic' but it is frustrating and you do start to wonder how often we will have a fantastic run from Christmas until the end of the season. Sammy Mac has proved time and again that he can turn it around and find the winning combination. Let's just hope he can find it soon.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ockers » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:40 pm

Sean it's an excellent point. A few wins and we're right in the mix again. I think the concern is the style of play and where a good run is going to come from. The leaders and battlers have gone from the side - Arts and Bents. There is no consistency on tactics or selection. And finally other than Baz and Andy Parrish there's no one who you can say are consistently playing well. Finally, and it has to be said, like the last two seasons, I've got serious concerns over some of Sammy's signings, some of whom appear done in indecent haste rather than careful long-term planning.

Like the majority 'trust in Sammy' and all that, progress every year but you can understand the concerns, particularly when it's clear with players Capaldi and Shuker we're spending big.

I have concerns mike like everyone but i do think its a very close tough league this season
i like the look of mccready(clever lad doing sports science) capaldi and brown and im impressed with fleming and i think spencer has something his goal last week was a great team goal
scott looked strong first couple of games
after oxford obviously a lot has been said in the camp and its how everyone responds from that
we have to forget arts as much as well liked him that deal has worked out well for him so thts history and for large parts of the season he was getting slated on here
jimbo is missed but hes not now the quickest and thats the only concern a much as we all love him to bits
as much as i think barry is tremendous and hes a great player great personality we need an outfield player organising things out there imho
my early nomination would be pazza

i await to be shot down :)
ockers

Postby mfcbro » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:04 pm

I think you have it spot on sean,sammy signings as usual have been based on recommendations as previous seasons.Very lazy manager in my opinion.How long ago did he see capaldi play,did he watch Shuker,Spencer came on a recommendation.McCready,Brown,Scott,same as the last few seasons its the old guard that have to help us out.Why wasnt Bentley on the bench a great leader in my book.Played last two games for reserves and guess what 2 clean sheets.Yes 2 clean sheets.As someone said probably not the best footballer at the club but there isnt a better leader when the going gets tough.Rant over.
mfcbro

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:22 pm

I think when you clear out a few, bring in a few, every year, with no money to spend, you annually have hiccups early on, I said early on you cannot have a keeper as a captain, it should be drummond, bentley needs to be playing, artell should have been kept here, I was very pleasantly surprised by the turnout by home fans today, hope they all come back on tuesday, stanners and wilson need to start every match, quite funny to see one or two of the sammymacsbarmyarmy crew smelling the coffee on here, we need stability, sammy craves success, hence the revolving door regarding players, remember blinks, sammy signed him, so he played him hell or high water, oh, the capaldi guy dont throw that far either BTW.

I will be there on tuesday, bury will bring a big boost to the gate and a big boost to their team, so do not forget your voices, In spite of my rep as a bit of a mixer, i love the club, dont have to love the rulers though :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby matty » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:24 pm

I don't think Old Man Kensy has spoken out of turn here. Sammy is doing his usual of not knowing what is first eleven is and is buggering about with it until he stumbles across it.

Again, as to form, he has had "clear the air talks", which have resulted with 3 time man of the match winner being benched (BTW has anyone noticed how his boots match the subs bibs?).

Sammy has his plus points but at this moment in time watching that display today - with or without the injuries - his negative points are very, very obvious for all to see (apart from those who dont want to take there head out of his arse)

I enjoyed the match today cos i was stood with my mates, had a pint and a natter, taking the piss out of each other for the full 90 mins. The atmosphere built up and the last 15 mins was good, not great or poor but good, however that was when we were papering over cracks.

I'll go Tuesday and cheer us on and get behind the team as I do every game, doesn't mean I'm not a bit disillusioned right now.
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:33 pm

Go to bed matty you pee d up thingy, I will pledge a donation to the three of you, but i will pay it to scotts wife direct, as you smell of damp, and scott has something of the night about him :lol:

BTW HAS ANYONE EVER TOLD YOU THAT YOU LOOK LIKE STEPTOE SENIOR(TODAY) :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby matty » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:42 pm

LOL it must be time for bed if Mr Potatohead calls you "pissed".

At least my underpants are the right way round ;-)
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby MfcChris » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Ockers is Wilson ill?

Hasn't been in the 18 squad for a couple of games now, never mind the 11. It is like he has disappeared. There must be a reason he does not even train with the lads before the game anymore.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:23 pm

Keith wrote:
Matty the Shrimp wrote:I said on here a few days ago, don't underesitmate any team, most of you did. Look what happened.

It's not a case of underestimating anyone, but if we can't beat Barnet at home, who do you think we can beat?

How about Bury?
Caged Lion

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:31 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:0-2 Down and we managed to get back in the game and maybe could have nicked it but for another chesterfield style clearance, Although poor at times I just don't think we're getting the breaks of luck you sometimes need and i'm sure when we do it'll be like last season when all the doubters (myself included) are proved wrong once more.

Let Sammy and Mark sort it and they will, that you can be sure of ;)

We started quite well, but loss of McCready swiftly followed by Haining, who were both looking good, chucked a massive spanner in the works.

So all in all, coming back from 2 down and almost nicking it at the death was another gritty performance.
Caged Lion

Postby ockers » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:40 pm

MfcChris wrote:Ockers is Wilson ill?

Hasn't been in the 18 squad for a couple of games now, never mind the 11. It is like he has disappeared. There must be a reason he does not even train with the lads before the game anymore.

Well i saw him today at the ground
not selected
not sure dont think hes ill or injured
up to him to get his place back i would have thought
capaldi coming here brings competition for that place which imho is what we need as we need throughout the team
ockers

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:29 pm

got told Wilson as been out of favour since he got sent off(naughty boy)
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:40 am

A positive from thev doom and gloom we are up from 21st to 20th so we are slowly making progress :)
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:55 am

heysham_mfc wrote:A positive from thev doom and gloom we are up from 21st to 20th so we are slowly making progress :)

Yeah really looked like we were making progress today :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Woeful
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Pandashrimp » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:45 am

matty wrote:I don't think Old Man Kensy has spoken out of turn here. Sammy is doing his usual of not knowing what is first eleven is and is buggering about with it until he stumbles across it.

Again, as to form, he has had "clear the air talks", which have resulted with 3 time man of the match winner being benched (BTW has anyone noticed how his boots match the subs bibs?).

Sammy has his plus points but at this moment in time watching that display today - with or without the injuries - his negative points are very, very obvious for all to see (apart from those who dont want to take there head out of his arse)

I enjoyed the match today cos i was stood with my mates, had a pint and a natter, taking the piss out of each other for the full 90 mins. The atmosphere built up and the last 15 mins was good, not great or poor but good, however that was when we were papering over cracks.

I'll go Tuesday and cheer us on and get behind the team as I do every game, doesn't mean I'm not a bit disillusioned right now.

I wasnt at the game today but this is possibly the most relateable post i have ever read on this board....well said young man!!

Just to add a little..we must have the best subs bench in L2!! Give Shuker time..give Rundle a chance..Stanley should walk in to any team in our league. Then there is Jevons, Scott and Fleming...why sign them to sit on the bench?? I firmly believe this is the best squad we have ever had..why are the wrong players starting though??
Pandashrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:27 am

LOL it must be time for bed if Mr Potatohead calls you "pissed".

At least my underpants are the right way round

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby mickey » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:23 am

this is a myth i had a chat with stanners yesterday and nothing happenened re clear the air talks ,he had a bad game at oxford as they all did and he was dropped on that performance ,he is as bemused as us as to what is happening and hasnt spoken to sm about it hes just gonna plug away until he gets back in,

he came across to me as morecambe through and through and imo this is the sort of player much needed in our team
mickey

Postby Christies Child » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:31 am

mfcbro wrote:I think you have it spot on sean,sammy signings as usual have been based on recommendations as previous seasons.Very lazy manager in my opinion.How long ago did he see capaldi play,did he watch Shuker,Spencer came on a recommendation.McCready,Brown,Scott,same as the last few seasons its the old guard that have to help us out.Why wasnt Bentley on the bench a great leader in my book.Played last two games for reserves and guess what 2 clean sheets.Yes 2 clean sheets.As someone said probably not the best footballer at the club but there isnt a better leader when the going gets tough.Rant over.

The management know all about how TC WILL be an asset as it was they who gave him the majority of his 21 International caps. For me I think he played well other than giving the first goal away. I also feel that Brown was played well out of position and should have been in centre midfield offering some grit in that area. Last season the manager brought in Panther to do that job and yet we've reverted back to a 'soft centre' midfield.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:38 am

craig stanley is not soft, and drummers was man of the match, so what is wrong with them two starting in the middle :?:
mrpotatohead

Postby Harry » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:56 am

When we started playing the game and actually challenging for the ball, the 70th minute, we had too much for Barnet and the reason we only scored 2 is they chucked 6 men behind the ball (and dived over it yet giving away a penalty)

We were woefully unlucky in front of goal, Stew Drummond being the prime example, he scored but after that around 5 times the ball didn't come off the part of his head, foot or body he wanted it to and his frustration was evident. Had Jevons not taken a second to compose himself ready to slot the ball home we would have won 3-2 and everyone would be crowing about a great comeback a la Crewe last year. Let's just hope our performance from the last 20 minutes yesterday is repeated in the whole 90 on Tuesday and we can get a good home win.
Harry

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:14 am

mrpotatohead wrote:craig stanley is not soft, and drummers was man of the match, so what is wrong with them two starting in the middle :?:

your talking serious sense for once mush ;)

for me the solution is we need to go back to basics and try and recoup that team who finished 4th along with is it's team spirit

for me this season just like most of last season is about finding the right balance in midfield in order to complement the attack and defence

Duffy Drummond Stanley Rundle

note i rate Scott & Fleming but just bring them in gradually untill we get back into the habit of wining matches again
George Dawes

Postby Sammy h » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:12 am

ockers wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Ockers is Wilson ill?

Well i saw him today at the ground
not selected
not sure dont think hes ill or injured
up to him to get his place back i would have thought
capaldi coming here brings competition for that place which imho is what we need as we need throughout the team

Come on Sean. Capaldi was a joke, he gifted them their 1st goal with a terrible schoolboy error. Every pass was a 40 yard punt upfield, none of which reached one of our players. His throw is the only good thing about him. Bring Wilson back in, one of the best players we have at the club!
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:29 am

"Take your P45 Sammy and just go" :roll: People who talk about sacking Sammy just make me cringe. They all seem to be so forgetful. The man is an absolute hero and it's unfair to suggest it. He puts it right every time, we have got out of worse situations than this. Level heads needed. It will all come good, you have no devine right to beat anyone in this league.

Giving up and just not going any more - I say f*** 'em, they aren't real fans if that's the case.

Have to agree about Capaldi though, looked like he was just on the pitch to hoof it and throw it. :(
Bare Ben

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:43 am

Sammy has his heart on his sleeve and will get it right as you say, Ben. His passion for the game can be seen quite clearly particularly when he had to be restrained by the stewards at one point. I thought the reaction of Stimson when Uncle shouted "M O O O O OO R E C A M B E" was a classic :lol:

Shame the entertainment on the pitch didn't match the touchline antics at times.

After being subbed what did Jimmy Spencer do to the wall/floor on his way out when the 4th Official chased him out? :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:45 am

marky No.1 wrote:Sammy has his heart on his sleeve and will get it right as you say, Ben. His passion for the game can be seen quite clearly particularly when he had to be restrained by the stewards at one point. I thought the reaction of Stimson when Uncle shouted "M O O O O OO R E C A M B E" was a classic :lol:

Shame the entertainment on the pitch didn't match the touchline antics at times.

After being subbed what did Jimmy Spencer do to the wall/floor on his way out when the 4th Official chased him out? :o

Spencer did not look happy when he was subbed, although i think Jev really made a difference.
Also it was shown when we scored our second how much it means to sammy as he ran onto the pitch Wembley style (minus the falling :lol: )
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion