Globe experience

Re: Globe experience

Postby shrimper » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:11 pm

al1 wrote:i think the globe arena is excellent and it will help the club strengthen in all areas.the main thing for me is that the club will survive to give entertainment to future generations,win lose or draw.its just a shame that we have a handful of negative people on here these days who knock the club all the time.they should try to be true supporters and help build the club up.'shrimper' is a fine example to follow,he is always promoting the club as much as he can.glen loves the club as i do,we would never have dreamt back in the 70s that we would be watching league football in a brand new ground one day.thanks to the chairman and directors we are doing that now.

Thanks for that, appreciate the kind words.

However, I am only (in this thread) giving a personal opinion of MY experience at the new Globe. I absolutely love the place and spend as much time as I can down there. MY matchday experience could only really be improved by all my old North Stand mates joining me in the Main Stand - but I understand they prefer to watch from other parts of the ground, fair enough.

But, while I (and, in fairness most of the people with a different viewpoint) appreciate some of the club's philosophy in their design of the stadium, the views expressed on here, although not complimentary, are all genuine and sincere and, for the most part, constructive.

So I wouldn't want to start having a go at them for expressing those views sensibly and rationally, as they have here.

One small point of clarification though - it IS the club that's guided this project , the architects and builders work to their instructions, which have changed since the very start for various reasons.

I also believe that there is a genuine will to try to address some of the issues as and when those facilities that ARE great and of high quality start to bring in more money, which was the intention all along.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby BHmfc » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:21 pm

al1 and Happy Harry, in all respects, you do my head in with your type of replies. This a forum about MFC and every time we get a post which in any way shape or form tries to give an honest opinion about MFC, you post that people like myself (and others) are being negative. For Christ sake, look at the MBW Stand, stand on the MBW Stand and use the facilities on the MBW Stand and if you can honestly say you are happy with it (a new, purpose built, football league stand) then fine, i will respect your opinion, but please allow other supporters to voice their HONEST opinions. By the way, for what it's worth, i don't give a stuff about the gravy.
BHmfc

Postby Christies Child » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:27 pm

BHmfc wrote:After a couple of days of reflection, there is no way i'm NOT going to the football on Saturday. I'm not going to let the poor design of the MBW Stand keep me away, so myself and a couple of mates have decided to keep loyal to the terraces until the end of the season, however, if we still feel the way we do at the moment about the poor design and lack of facilities on the MBW, we will migrate (reluctantly) to the seats next season. From all the people i've talked to who have used the PM Stand, it appears to be a far better experience than the terracing. To try and finish on a constructive note, for me, a massive improvement to the MBW would be to put some sort of cover behind the stand, it would not only provide shelter but give the MBW a more professional feel. See you on Saturday.

I seem to recall mentioning this to a member of the Board and it was suggested that some kind of canopy would be an improvement. Maybe our friends at Plastec could come up with a few suggestions.

As for the signing around the exterior of the stadium, I believe that planning permission is being obtained for a future fixtures board to be installed at the entry to Christie Way. Without doubt both the Bar and the Shop need to have better signage.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Happy Harry » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:48 pm

BHmfc wrote:al1 and Happy Harry, in all respects, you do my head in with your type of replies. This a forum about MFC and every time we get a post which in any way shape or form tries to give an honest opinion about MFC, you post that people like myself (and others) are being negative. For Christ sake, look at the MBW Stand, stand on the MBW Stand and use the facilities on the MBW Stand and if you can honestly say you are happy with it (a new, purpose built, football league stand) then fine, i will respect your opinion, but please allow other supporters to voice their HONEST opinions. By the way, for what it's worth, i don't give a stuff about the gravy.

Nice of you to make it personal! :roll:

I love your argument that this is a forum where everyone should be allowed an honest opinion and to be negative if they want, but I am not allowed to counter with a positive view or an opinion of my own! :lol:

I think you may need some gravy for that chip on your shoulder! :lol:
Happy Harry

Postby Old Man Kensey » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:14 pm

The best you can come up with is that the view isnt as good for a third of you at the back when teams play a high ball?

So your saying that a third of the people in the stand have a poor view. Do your actually think that is ok for a new stadium? I don't.

The admission fee is still the lowest in the league and wasnt put up when it should have been when we got promoted (IMO). This season was the logical time. I am sure you have been to many away grounds and been on worse terraces for more money!

Yes I have been on far worse than our new home end. The point is our new home end should be better than it is.

The bar at the front is in a different class to most club houses (including pre FL JBs Bar). Its a bit naughty to disregard it as it is free to use!

If you read my earlier post I pointed out that the bar is a great place to meet. I just wish it was on the other side of the turnstiles. To be fair JB's had more of a pub feel to it whilst the new club house feels more like a bar. Neither is a bad thing just different.

I think its also worth pointing out that this message board is only made up of a small number of the fans who visit the Globe each week. Whilst a useful snapshot of peoples views it cannot speak for the vast majority of fans who visit on a match day. I believe it would be in the clubs interest to conduct some kind of survey into how the fans view the different areas of our new ground. It can only help any future changes/development of the Globe.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:42 pm

OMK made a lot of good points in his post, as for the comment regarding the bar, it is free, just like every other pub or bar in town, it is not a special privelige bestowed on us, it is not available inside like JBs, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, lets see what gates we get tomorrow and tuesday, I will be there as allways for both games sitting down, but i will carry on saying things as i see them, by the way, has anyone on here booked a function in the wright and lord suite yet, more importantly, has anyone connected with the club booked one elsewhere recently :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:50 pm

If you read my earlier post I pointed out that the bar is a great place to meet. I just wish it was on the other side of the turnstiles. To be fair JB's had more of a pub feel to it whilst the new club house feels more like a bar. Neither is a bad thing just different.

I think its also worth pointing out that this message board is only made up of a small number of the fans who visit the Globe each week. Whilst a useful snapshot of peoples views it cannot speak for the vast majority of fans who visit on a match day. I believe it would be in the clubs interest to conduct some kind of survey into how the fans view the different areas of our new ground. It can only help any future changes/development of the Globe.[/quote]

Sorry but I don't understand the logic of a bar that is open 7 days a week to the general public to be 'the other side of the turnstyles'. Maybe somebody could explain the thinking behind that statement. :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:51 pm

This is now turning into a bit of a winging thread.. :roll:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:52 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:This is now turning into a bit of a winging thread.. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

it started a lotlot earlier
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:54 pm

Its a shame, i think people expected too much of this new stadium. Its not going to be an amazing standard because of the money invested in the other facilities, just wish people would be grateful we aren't playing on Rileands field.. :shock:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:28 pm

I don't think it is expecting too much to see at least parity in your matchday experience inside the stadium to Christie Park.

Most people in this thread are being honest and providing balanced posts acknowledging the improvements in the stadium but also highlighting areas of dissappointment of which some can and probably will be improved on in the future. Those suggesting the new stadium is flawless are just as annoying in this thread as those who think its been a complete disaster.
Morecambe Jack

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:36 pm

problem is, even if you comment in a neutral observational way, the brain dead sheep come at you, SNIPER, SNIPER :!: No opinions allowed, trouble is, thanks to keith, they are allowed, this post has a large amount of people unhappy about the new home end and the sheep cannot come up with an answer, so they are either silent or rude :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:43 pm

look, i'm only saying that some people are just completley slating it, and its just not on, i dont think its flawless, but i think the main priority is going to watch your team, not be ion first class luxary.. :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby BHmfc » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:47 pm

I fully understand the need for executive boxes, function rooms and all weather pitches, but was it too much to expect a home terrace as good as or even better than the 12 year old North Stand at CP. The club is moving forward in many ways, but MY OPINION is that the MBW Stand is not a patch on the old North Stand and in terms of cost i don't think it would have cost much more to have built it bigger with internal facilities, a stand we could have been proud of. Iv'e got relatives arriving in the next few weeks and they want to take in a game at the Globe and there is no way i will take them onto the MBW Stand, it will be seats only, afterall, i want them to leave, and hopefully return, with a good impression, something they will not get if i take them onto the home terracing. I'm not being negative, just honest.
BHmfc

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:49 pm

the brain dead sheep come at you

thats a good comment coming from a Potato :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:02 pm

BHmfc wrote:I fully understand the need for executive boxes, function rooms and all weather pitches, but was it too much to expect a home terrace as good as or even better than the 12 year old North Stand at CP. The club is moving forward in many ways, but MY OPINION is that the MBW Stand is not a patch on the old North Stand and in terms of cost i don't think it would have cost much more to have built it bigger with internal facilities, a stand we could have been proud of. Iv'e got relatives arriving in the next few weeks and they want to take in a game at the Globe and there is no way i will take them onto the MBW Stand, it will be seats only, afterall, i want them to leave, and hopefully return, with a good impression, something they will not get if i take them onto the home terracing. I'm not being negative, just honest.

fair play! you've come out with some valid points
George Dawes

Postby yozzer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:22 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:the brain dead sheep come at you

Pithy as ever me old mucker
yozzer

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:30 pm

yozzer wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:the brain dead sheep come at you

Pithy as ever me old mucker

:lol: in out in out shake it all about :lol: :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby yozzer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Just to balance things out a bit. When Graham asked for his comments I gave an honest overview. What I failed to accentuate were the positives. The view from where I am sitting is fantastic. The view of the Main Stand and the concourse as you near the stadium takes your breath away. It is great to be able to meet up with mates before the game in Stabbies. The pitch is superb. I love the floodlights with their gentle arc. I think it is brilliant we have managed to get in place the funding for a new stadium. All the other points remain relevant. I would still watch my team if we were playing with a cinder bank, scratchin shed, obstructed viewing from the Main Stand and small (but effective) roofed home terrace. Whoops nearly forgot;already done that. Nothing is ever as simple as being able to give glib three word pontifications. F.F.S. Get it!
yozzer

Postby Old Man Kensey » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:06 pm

Sorry but I don't understand the logic of a bar that is open 7 days a week to the general public to be 'the other side of the turnstyles'. Maybe somebody could explain the thinking behind that statement

Easy have a door on the front that is open during the week and at the end of the game. On a match day enter from inside the stadium, it could have been done fairly easily I would of thought.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby Posh » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:
Sorry but I don't understand the logic of a bar that is open 7 days a week to the general public to be 'the other side of the turnstyles'. Maybe somebody could explain the thinking behind that statement

Easy have a door on the front that is open during the week and at the end of the game. On a match day enter from inside the stadium, it could have been done fairly easily I would of thought.

The point was well illustrated in early matches when four staff were in the bar and two customers at half time. Meanwhile 50 people queued up at the back of the MBW with three staff. Redeploying staff has, I understand, been done but I can imagine a half entry system might have worked if planned.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby yozzer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Bare Bum. See what you started. Light the blue touch paper and stand well back from the lit firework. 8-)
yozzer

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:02 pm

yozzer wrote:Bare Bum. See what you started. Light the blue touch paper and stand well back from the lit firework. 8-)

MFC no longer do fireworks but if they did .......
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:10 am

DawZi wrote:them 2 disabled bays in the home stand are way to big

against Coventry i counted no more than 6 wheelchairs and about the same with Burnley you could fit a extra 80 people or more in both bays 4 rows of 10 people standing in 1 bay = 40 then you double it x2 = 80

you could easly reduce the size of them by half and still meet the clubs needs to accommodate people in wheelchairs

DawZi wrote:all i would like to be done at the home end next summer after the season as finished, is them disabled bays to be looked at to give more room and a better feel behind goal to at least try and match the old north stand

and maybe look at a purpose built disabled paddock with all the facilities in the north stand got loads more room to play with there

So wheelchair users should be segregated and not allowed to watch from behind the goal so that there is more space for the occasions when The Globe is full? Wheelchair users should be segregated and not be allowed a choice for about 25 games a season so that we can get another 80 people in on perhaps three occasions each season?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:17 am

BHmfc wrote:Iv'e got relatives arriving in the next few weeks and they want to take in a game at the Globe and there is no way i will take them onto the MBW Stand, it will be seats only, afterall, i want them to leave, and hopefully return, with a good impression, something they will not get if i take them onto the home terracing. I'm not being negative, just honest.

My worry is that once we hit the bad weather, there will be complaints from the front quarter of the PMG stand too. A windy, rainy day and a large section of the main stand may well be getting wet.

The approach to the ground is fantastic and every time I see it I feel amazing pride and think its amazing how far we've come but I am concerned that so many people's match experience hasn't improved when we had a blank canvas to begin with.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion