1-1

Re: 1-1

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:39 pm

I find it absolutley ludicrous that it takes a senior person to put his view forward before everybody stops talking crap and takes note of the situation. Is it age-ist or just co-incidence that evrybody has shut up now? :x

Typical SV
Bare Ben

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Not ageist BB...just that us older folk need to get to bed early. 9.43 is a bit late for me.
OvertheBar

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:12 pm

Bare Ben wrote:I find it absolutley ludicrous that it takes a senior person to put his view forward before everybody stops talking crap and takes note of the situation. Is it age-ist or just co-incidence that evrybody has shut up now? :x

Typical SV

Maybe now more eye witness accounts have put a slightly different perspective on things?

Maybe Jordan has stated his case a bit better?

Maybe we are bored with it?

Maybe it has now been done to death?

Who knows?

For someone who is repeatedly stating his disdain for the forum, you spend a lot of time on here Ben. Cant be that bad.

There you go Mick! You are officially a 'Senior Person'! :o Now, where is that Special rank button? ;)
Mark S

Postby wijit » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:30 pm

marky wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:You're narrow-minded views on away days and young people make you come across "a complete pr**k".

I am a young person.

Jordan, you're quite right in that everyone should be treated in the same way. However, it may seem trivial to a lot of you (Ben, Sammy, etc) BUT one minor incident like this can give a club a reputation, rightly or wrongly. By the sounds of it, it isn't the first time a small minority have caused trouble this season. This information is passed from security officer to security officer and very quickly fans begin to be treated with suspicion and security measures are stepped up, which spoils things for the majority.

OK, cast your mind back a few seasons when we played Accy, Christmas/New year period if memory serves. There were two Burnley supporters giving it big mouth in the North stand when one of our number went and gave them a couple of slugs. Now, was he chucked out? Did he get a banning order which is the norm for violence at a game? Nope. Was he vilified on here? Nope.
This Jordan lad has come on here, done his best to explain his actions and yet you still want him hung, drawn and quartered.
Get this in perspective; Barnet fans give it out, some of ours gave it back, Jordan got chucked out for taking it a tad too far. He apologised to those who were affected (the Police and others) that's it. End. Fin. Get on another high horse.
wijit

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:56 pm

Clearly we're going around in circles. Everyone who wanted to has had the opportunity to have their say, time to say good night to this thread.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion