So what does everybody think of The Globe Arena?

Re: So what does everybody think of The Globe Arena?

Postby The Fury » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:15 pm

Just a question about segregation. I understood that, in the Football League, all clubs must segregate all stands from one another, criteria that Christie Park had to be adjusted to after we got promoted. I know that things aren't fully concluded yet at the Globe, but there didn't seem to be any segregation between any of the stands. From the home terrace, you could quite easily have walked into both the Berlin Wall stand and the PMG stand. Seemingly, there was no segregation either between those stands and the away stands?

Am I right with that or talking bollocks?

On the whole, I loved the ground though. The photos we've seen over the last few months didn't do justice to any area of the ground, especially the Berlin Wall, which I think fits with the rest of the ground very well, and looks smart. In fact, I reckon I'm going to go on that terrace stand for Saturday's game. It's a shame for the folk who pay extra to get into the PMG stand, however; they don't get to see it in all it's glory!
The Fury

Postby George Dawes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:21 pm

your probably right, just like what we had set up at christie park, it will probably get done if the next week or so as the builders are still there finishing off
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

No doubt your thoughts will have been noted by the powers that be.

Surley extra stewards would suffice as a temporary measure?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Bls Shrimp » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Didn't seem to be from where I was stood! Expecting this to change for Saturday but it must have been alright if H&S have the go ahead! Didn't seem to be much segregation between the fans in the PMG stand either from what I could see. Where did the away fans in the PMG stand go for half time refreshments...underneath that stand with our fans or back behind the bay radio stand?
Bls Shrimp

Postby marky » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm pretty sure I saw both Coventry and Morecambe fans in that area at half-time.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby AJC » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:07 pm

I was actually sat a stairwell's width away from the Coventry fans throughout the game (excellent view by the way, few rows from the back), with just a couple of stewards between. To be honest, I've never really seen the need for segregation (maybe naively I'll admit), which is lucky because their is none between section B seats and away fans!
AJC

Postby Duffman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Posh wrote:1. A friend who is around 5ft tall couldn't see the pitch from any place on the whole terrace. She watched the game with her husband stood in the corner of the ground on the tarmac. She seemed very upset that nothing else could be offered. If you're short, in that stand and it's full you're screwed.

I'm glad you've mentioned that Posh, I did wonder that myself but I thought it was the lower roof which was creating some sort of illusion.

Posh wrote:2. The boarding at the back meant loads of kids up on top. A few slid off and clobbered people beneath. And the gangway is a kid's magnet. Hopefully singers will migrate to one spot and everyone will soon find their lifelong spots.

It's a shame about the boarding, it's obviously serving a purpose but I kept thinking to myself there's a couple of extra rows behind there.
Duffman

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:08 pm

AJC wrote:I was actually sat a stairwell's width away from the Coventry fans throughout the game (excellent view by the way, few rows from the back), with just a couple of stewards between. To be honest, I've never really seen the need for segregation (maybe naively I'll admit), which is lucky because their is none between section B seats and away fans!

I wonder if it could become a problem when more raucous away fans turn up i.e.Bradford fans,
that there is no segregation between Blocks A and B. Still, was there any in the main stand at Christie Park between Blocks A and B???
Another point which may be too ridiculous for words.. part of watching a match is to check how much time is left to play, so at the start of each half, I always try to remember to look at my watch. At some stage, it would be great to have a scoreboard that also had a giant clock which started as the game kicked off, so everyone would have a good idea of the amount of time left in each half. When watching, I always find being aware of the clock is part of my enjoyment of watching the game. Does anyone agree?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby marky » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:21 pm

I completely agree which is why I'm hoping the gesture hinted at in last night's programme is the funding of a giant screen ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby BHmfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Great night, great result, only niggle were the children sitting on the shelf at the back of the MBW stand, jumping off and pushing people standing in front of them. A smaller, more compact home terrace seemed to up the noise levels adding to the already great atmosphere, still don't like the open terrace but give it a few seats and a roof and for me the ground will be complete.
BHmfc

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Exactly! a giant screen on that community block wall I was thinking would be perfect, and would really make us look more of a professional outfit that we do already. :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby morecambewba » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:11 pm

just one request if someone is reading this from the club...please remember the peas and gravy for the pies. they really make a difference.
morecambewba

Postby Caged Lion » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:23 pm

We had an absolutely brilliant night. Everything was superb and exceeded our expectations.

Minor gripes.

Obviously there were teething issues, the club only moved in a few hours before kick off and things will be tighter and better organised on Saturday and subsequent games. A few more staff on the food counters, a few more ball persons to retrieve the football, some kind of scoreboard/clock and so on will make the experience even smoother.

I like the new programme (the content is well laid out and a great read, but the cover is clutsy and not 'red' enough for me) but have to agree with Ntini about the proof reading. I love the programmes, read them a little during the game and more carefully afterwards. However, having spent many years running my own computer bureau it was essential to proof read and then give articles to others who were not the article authors to proof read again. The classic was a small banner we created in Australia for a lawnmowing outfit. There were almost no words at all, but we got it wrong...drastically...the banner to be attached to the back of a panel van had to read

LAWNMOWING and a phone number. We gave him a beautiful green and gold banner that read

LAWMOWING and a phone number, the client was well chuffed!!

It was so simple? It hadn't been proof read and was created and handed off to the client. They drove around Sydney for 9 months before noticing the error, not sure what the Aussie cops made of it :lol: btw...please don't proof read my posts, 2 glasses of schnapps loosen the fingers and slacken the brain!

Pies, peas and gravy please. The catering is a vital part of our enjoyment at the game, it is a ritual just as important as clapping, roaring and singing to encourage the players. Surely the club wouldn't like us to sing but not clap?

Anyhow...the stadium was fantastic. We sat in the PM Stand and really enjoyed it all. The views are superb, the atmosphere was superb and the result was even better. Well done Morecambe FC, the club have now come of age in a manner that is beyond my wildest expectations.
Caged Lion

Postby Posh » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:23 pm

morecambewba wrote:just one request if someone is reading this from the club...please remember the peas and gravy for the pies. they really make a difference.

Well said that man!

We demand our pies and gravy.

And if you can do chips too all the better.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Caged Lion wrote:Pies, peas and gravy please. The catering is a vital part of our enjoyment at the game, it is a ritual just as important as clapping, roaring and singing to encourage the players. Surely the club wouldn't like us to sing but not clap?

Hear! Hear!

Welcome to the revolution comrade.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:25 am

Went in Block D and it was fantastic although like someone said about sitting next to the away fans could be fun when Burnley come.

View was great and the facilities were fantastic and I am starting to wish I got my season ticket for the main stand.
However has anyone seen the seats on the back 2 rows of Blocks B & D there is a big concrete block next to them and if you were to sit there behind it you could only see half of the pitch. These seats in Block D were empty but if we do sell them surley it will have to be advertised as restrcted view?

Posh I agree about the catering or lack of it in Block D all they had was pies in the warmer and the chap wasn't sure if it was warming them up properly :o so I played safe and gave it a miss. I didn't eat before the game either as was hoping on getting pie, chips, peas and gravy :( .

One thing to help the catering can't they have one queue for beer and one for food instead of one big queue for everything, if your just after a quick pint you don't want to queue up behind everyone waiting for food.

The supporters bar was really nice and was well impressed and hope that goes from strength to strength and if it is open 7 days a week so you can hire the 5 a side pitch out then go for a drink that will be fantastic.
One problem is £3 a pint is going to be a bit pricy when there are plenty of other places like the York, Mitchell, Cricket Club everyone can go to if they don't want to pay it.

The Wright & Lord suite was amazing what a fantastic job they have done there and the food been served looked amazing. A great atmosphere in there after the game and loving the post match entertainment :lol:

Was also impressed with how proffesional everything looked from the extra catering staff, bar staff etc all in matching uniform and what seemed like lots and lots of them.

Will be trying out the new home end on Saturday and sadly I think I am going to be left a tad disapointed after been spolit on Tuesday night. Very dissapointed that we haven't managed to get some indoor facilities like they have at Burton round the back of the home end.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby ezz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:37 am

Am I the only one who feels we should have a huge rotating globe just infront of the ground on christie way? :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby scar » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:47 am

ezz wrote:Am I the only one who feels we should have a huge rotating globe just infront of the ground on christie way? :lol:

Careful...

.. you'll be wanting a statue of Superman on top of the main stand next ;)
scar

Postby scar » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:55 am

Caged Lion wrote:LAWNMOWING and a phone number. We gave him a beautiful green and gold banner that read

LAWMOWING and a phone number, the client was well chuffed!!

It was so simple? It hadn't been proof read and was created and handed off to the client. They drove around Sydney for 9 months before noticing the error, not sure what the Aussie cops made of it :lol: btw...please don't proof read my posts, 2 glasses of schnapps loosen the fingers and slacken the brain!

Slightly off topic from the main thread but along the same lines as above, has anyone seen the advert forthe Carnforth Tek won do club?

Classes from 5pm until 9.90pm :lol:
scar

Postby ezz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:58 am

scar wrote:
ezz wrote:Am I the only one who feels we should have a huge rotating globe just infront of the ground on christie way? :lol:

Careful...

.. you'll be wanting a statue of Superman on top of the main stand next ;)

I've been trying to work out if it was spiderman or superman it was off, but that globe would be perfect! :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Ntini » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:06 pm

This one?

HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby John L » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:00 pm

I wonder if Christie Cat could get his paws on a red cape, so that he could re-enact that scene??? :lol:
John L

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Nice to see the MD on the MFC official site thanking the fans and admitting there will be teething probz, thanks MFC board for exceeding all our expectations, my personal observation as a dad is the main stand family area has a great view with a decent offer season ticket deal, it would be even better if it could be paid in interest free installments with free cup games chucked in (joking MD)
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:41 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Nice to see the MD on the MFC official site thanking the fans and admitting there will be teething probz, thanks MFC board for exceeding all our expectations, my personal observation as a dad is the main stand family area has a great view with a decent offer season ticket deal, it would be even better if it could be paid in interest free installments with free cup games chucked in (joking MD)

Well some clubs do it.
http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/NewsD ... 19,00.html
heysham_mfc

Postby Sharpy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:38 pm

the wall made the whole thing feel like a training ground. programme sellers need to be better distributed, none near the turnstiles, one small lass selling programmes slumped against a wall trying not to attract attention from anyone- not much use. the home end needs more steps, plenty of room for them with that ultra wide back step, me and arnside red ended up sat on the boards at the back. the money all went in the main stand which looks fantastic. pitch looks awesome too, needs a few more advertising boards to stop the ball going out so often though. a lot of congestion after the match, very small gap between the corner of the home stand and the fence. mixed overall opinion.
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion